watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Riots in North London

Started by Lighthouse, August 07, 2011, 02:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

If anyone is going looting tonight could you pick me up a 3D telly, I will give you a good price !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

RidgeRider

Lets hope they get a handle on this and throw the lot of them in jail. Seems all it takes is a thin veil of outrage to bring out criminal and immoral behavior in some communities.

Are the communities that are being affected seeing any leadership within them speak out against the behavior of their citizens?

The Equalizer

Quote from: CorkCity on August 08, 2011, 02:58:56 PM
If anyone is going looting tonight could you pick me up a 3D telly, I will give you a good price !

I'd like to get one of those iPad 2 thingies and one of those Amazon Kindle thingies, perhaps we could arrange a looting session in the Putney Exchange this evening?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 08, 2011, 03:14:22 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on August 08, 2011, 02:58:56 PM

I'd like to get one of those iPad 2 thingies and one of those Amazon Kindle thingies, perhaps we could arrange a looting session in the Putney Exchange this evening?
Putney!!! No way, any riots are going to be at the Arndale (oh sorry... Southside) in Wandsworth.

CorkCity

I might loot Craven Cottage, starting with the MJ statue then nick all the white shorts and replace them with our traditional black.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Mitch

If you're rioting because you feel aggrieved by the police/government etc. you don't take your time to try on a few pair of trainers in Foot Locker.

clintclintdeuce

Isnt there such thing as karma? You know youre never going to win a bet watching that tv, and youll probably break your foot tripping on a crack in the pavement in those new shoes.
The Dude abides.

Lighthouse

Kicking off again in Hackney already. Kiddies half term.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

The Local council in Tottenham have said that after carrying out a survey of the area hit by the riots today theyassess that the rioters have made 15 million pounds worth of improvements.

FatFreddysCat

Strange that in places like Haiti and New Orleans looting was rife, but none in Japan.

Blingo

Who would want a radioactive tv Fredster? lol

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 08, 2011, 05:17:43 PM
Strange that in places like Haiti and New Orleans looting was rife, but none in Japan.

Not that strange! Haiti and New Orleans are both desperately poor, Japan is one of the wealthiest nations on the planet.

I confidently predict that rioting in South Kensington will be limited for the same reasons.

JBH

That is because all of the TV's had water damage

RidgeRider

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 08, 2011, 05:21:25 PM

Not that strange! Haiti and New Orleans are both desperately poor, Japan is one of the wealthiest nations on the planet.

I confidently predict that rioting in South Kensington will be limited for the same reasons.

United States is one of the wealthiest nations as well but we have had issues in places like Los Angeles and other cities. We had some issues up on Milwaukee recently with targeted racial violence by young thugs.

Japan has issues with poverty as well, especially amongst the age groups that most likely take to looting and violence, but you don't see looting there. I'm not trying to equate Japan's poverty issues with say Haiti's but there are places throughout the globe that are more impoverished than London where we just don't see things like what we are seeing in London right now. Poverty is certainly part of the problem but there are others issues at hand as well.

Lighthouse

The riots are not poor people who are very cross. They are too busy trying to make a living. Kiddies and drunks are the ones' giving it large' as we in the ghetto like to say. Cus we are tuff innit.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Just got in from work and watching it on sky and i have seen the same person in three different clips just being a yob. Threw something at the police from about six feet away, smashed a bus window and then breaks a ladbrokes window.
The police should just go in smash some heads and throw them all in the back of a van and give them a good 1970`s kicking.
Rant over.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MJG on August 08, 2011, 05:40:27 PM
Just got in from work and watching it on sky and i have seen the same person in three different clips just being a yob. Threw something at the police from about six feet away, smashed a bus window and then breaks a ladbrokes window.
The police should just go in smash some heads and throw them all in the back of a van and give them a good 1970`s kicking.
Rant over.
Did you see the two Irish blokes who broke into Ladbrokes? ....... Lost Fifty quid.

MJG

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 08, 2011, 05:48:51 PM
Rant over.
Did you see the two Irish blokes who broke into Ladbrokes? ....... Lost Fifty quid.
the same ones who were taking all the single trainers from JD Sports yesterday.

The Doctor

Threw something at the police from about six feet away

I've always wondered why the Police don't just do something about these folks - hit 'em with a baton round or something.  They're all tooled up for the job, so why not?  I know the obvious counter-argument is because the rioters are looking for the reaction, which will inevitably lead to further violence.  But it's not like having got no reaction despite wanging a paving slab the offender's going to say "Oh well, no fun to be had here.  If I hurry up I can be home in time for Corrie...", is it?  No, he's going to keep on smashing stuff up.

Or as my old Mum says "If you can't take it, don't dish it out..."

HatterDon

I've been reading this thread without comment since it started. It's not like riots are unknown in London, so this one didn't surprise me much.

I did want to point out to all the Brits that have contributed to this excellent thread that you are lucky that you're Brits and that this event took place in Britain. Had it occurred in the USA and/or had Yanks other than RR contributed to it, the third post in the thread would have been Jack complaining that it was political and that we'd all have to be nice and, then, three "what are you talking about" posts later, it would have been locked. We'd have had six posts instead of six pages of posts. After all, everything in this thread that isn't political is racial, but it's grown ups talking -- and grownups moderating -- and so things continue apace. It's just the sort of conversation I'd expect to hear in a decent pub of a lunchtime.

Glad to see free speech still lives on FofF. Well done all commentators.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel