more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bye Bye...

Started by BestOfBrede, September 02, 2011, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattiesafer

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 04, 2011, 12:32:22 AM
Are there raspberries in an adjoining plot giving them that stare. You know the one eye partly closed, head slightly tilted one. That means they intend making a move and the beans simply could'nt cope with that. Try peas. They don't any crap from anybody or hire in some of these wild lawn weeds. A rampaging dandelion in a bear skin waving a wooden club should do it . . . . . .

I think the milk in my ovaltine was a bit iffey

I would never let raspberries in my yard.  I've seen what happens all too well.  I grew up in a home ravaged by raspberries.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: mattiesafer on September 04, 2011, 12:34:33 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 04, 2011, 12:32:22 AM
Are there raspberries in an adjoining plot giving them that stare. You know the one eye partly closed, head slightly tilted one. That means they intend making a move and the beans simply could'nt cope with that. Try peas. They don't any crap from anybody or hire in some of these wild lawn weeds. A rampaging dandelion in a bear skin waving a wooden club should do it . . . . . .

I think the milk in my ovaltine was a bit iffey

I would never let raspberries in my yard.  I've seen what happens all too well.  I grew up in a home ravaged by raspberries.

There is a support network available. You need to berry your past and get on with living without the need of a supporting cane or netting.

CorkedHat

I object to the elitist and cliquishness of these gardeners. I have acres of what can only be described as verdant jungle with more weeds than a hippie festival.
All this talk of growing things that you can eat is excluding me from the topic and I'll have you know that when I mow my grass I do so with Boydy's combine harvester because not even a ride-on is going to cut it. When you see the King Brown snakes slither away followed in hot pursuit by the blue tongue lizards you just know that you have to be careful where you walk. That's what makes life exciting.
Bloody hell – the next thing is that these gardeners will be using each other's first names. Where do they think they are? On Facebook or somewhere? :down_under:

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 03, 2011, 07:22:13 PM
...BoB, sorry you think this site has become a clicque - a clique of 957, name me one single other message board that is any different in having perceived cliques and I will have sympathy. Your posts have been appreciated, written reactions amade yourre not always the thoughts of the majority, so it is more than likely that most members enjoyed your posts.

I notice you have resigned as a member and have given yourself a 'Guest' category, fair enough, you obviously suffered in silence at your perception of the clicques on FOF, you never mentioning such thoughts before - until this post.

Sorry, as well as the other members of this site losing out on being able to read your opinions and comments, you now are incapable of responding to posts you agree or disagree with - so it is your loss as well!

Not sure where you will now go to feel part more of things? Blind obstinance will no doubt stop you from re-joining, maybe you will apply as a new member, but you will suffer so much of your own personal angst for no real reason.

You will of course be welcomed back as your original persona; the longer you leave it, the more of a martyr you will become, to yourself...

Completely agree, basically what I meant to say.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 03, 2011, 10:16:45 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 03, 2011, 05:11:40 PM
Sorry, but in my view this is all very pathetic. If you don't like a poster then don't read their posts. If you don't feel as though people appreciate what you're posting, then don't make a song and dance about it... Isn't it obvious that it does you no favours? Just grow a pair, get over it, and if your discontent continues then leave the forum, but do so quietly and with your dignity maintained. Sorry, I don't have much time for these acts of attention seeking, this is an adult's forum afterall, and if you don't feel appreciated, don't throw your toys out of the pram.

We gave up trying to grow pears and dug them all up last year. There were always small and hard as opposed to soft and squishy and the wasps made a mess of anything worthwhile. Stick to apples and raspberries.

Interesting take... Never been a fruit/veg grower myself but, as they say, it's never too late...

Admin

CorkedHat

I am never perturbed when someone says they are leaving this forum. Only on six occasions have I PM'd the defectors asking them to return. :007:
Christ, I wasn't even upset when I left the Board. I was fed up being manhandled by someone with opposing views to me on everything from social justice to goats. It was like having my head on a coconut shy at the fair for him to hurl rocks at every possible opportunity.
There was no note of farewell, just a slither away from it all to cocoon myself in the joyous life I enjoy in the middle of nowhere on the edge of a desert with only goats for company.
Alas my absence was noted, which was not what I wanted at all. Nobody seems to be upset that we no longer hear from our mate in the Channel Islands or Low Tide at Putney Bridge, so why they should be bothered at mine, or anyone else's absence from this forum?
In the early days when the number of posters to this forum could have been accommodated in a sentry box, numbers were important, but these days if anyone leaves, for whatever reason, so what?
That said, I would miss some of you but then you are the ones in my clique! I would just email you or keep up with you on Facebook which is precisely what happened when I left this forum five hundred posts ago.
Finally may I say this about First Names? When we originally signed up for the old Offal MB it was probably very wise to have some form of anonymity otherwise you might have been visited by Ostrich Watch to throw you down the stairs.
The advent of Facebook, however, and full names became de rigueur and suddenly we were able to put real names to the nomenclatures we used on forums such as this. Those who are not on Facebook believe that privacy is important and that real names should not be used in a public domain whereas others couldn't give a monkey's. But this friendliness should not be construed as being cliquey – it is just informality and there's nowt wrong with that.

Logicalman

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 04, 2011, 02:57:59 AM
Sorry, but in my view this is all very pathetic. If you don't like a poster then don't read their posts. If you don't feel as though people appreciate what you're posting, then don't make a song and dance about it... Isn't it obvious that it does you no favours? Just grow a pair, get over it, and if your discontent continues then leave the forum, but do so quietly and with your dignity maintained. Sorry, I don't have much time for these acts of attention seeking, this is an adult's forum afterall, and if you don't feel appreciated, don't throw your toys out of the pram.

We gave up trying to grow pears and dug them all up last year. There were always small and hard as opposed to soft and squishy and the wasps made a mess of anything worthwhile. Stick to apples and raspberries.

Interesting take... Never been a fruit/veg grower myself but, as they say, it's never too late...

Apparently you can try raspberries and weeds, both are quite prolific, it appears, but keep away from some brown-tongued lizard that chases blue snakes unless you ride a combine, I think   :dft005:

Logicalman

CorkedHat

Quote from: Logicalman on September 04, 2011, 04:22:05 AM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 04, 2011, 02:57:59 AM

Apparently you can try raspberries and weeds, both are quite prolific, it appears, but keep away from some brown-tongued lizard that chases blue snakes unless you ride a combine, I think   :dft005:

I refuse to take life seriously Logicalman - or as you are in my clique, may I call you, Tony?- The problem is that not everyone appreciates my Bush via Battersea sense of humour. Dusty the Shepherd and Cliffie the Plumber get me but I am not too sure about Loatsy the Man Mountain or Big Foot. On this forum Mr Finn and Mr Peabody get me but anyone who takes anything I say seriously is really barking up the wrong goat :down_under:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

My new shoes make a clicking noise does that mean I'm in   064.gif 064.gif

Oh  !!!and get over the 'first name ' rollicks,  John
...Paul, Ringo.....................George  ??????,????????

Mint is very invasive but at least you can mow it  and it smells nice 

ScalleysDad

Mr Corked Hat. I dare say we have trumped and double trumped you. Whilst you offer a king snake and a big lizard we offer up really wild lawn weeds, rampaging raspberries, overly protected rhubarb and invasive, yet sweet smelling, mint. We have'nt even mentioned slugs yet and there are some king big ones of those .. . . . .

LBNo11

...I feel ostracized as nobody has mentioned Damsons, or Pears, and what has everybody got against Quinces?

I have started a new website called FOF (Friends Of Fruit) and only those of you who know my middle name and my mothers maiden name are allowed to join...

Monty Python - Self-Defense Against Fruit
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 04, 2011, 10:53:49 AM
...I feel ostracized as nobody has mentioned Damsons, or Pears, and what has everybody got against Quinces?

I have started a new website called FOF (Friends Of Fruit) and only those of you who know my middle name and my mothers maiden name are allowed to join...

No Damsons but I have Plums!   :005: Your tube Clip is great, you know my dad forced me to watch Monty Python as a small child and I thought it was weird then,  it is only as I have got older that I have realised how hilarious it is. Terry Jones has always been my favorite and still is, with Michael Palin a close second. Youtube is good though isn't loved the one of Rodney as well.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Logicalman

aha Mr. LB, you might have missed the subtlety in the thread as t how we got onto gardening. It was all about pairs (pears) to begin with. Those damsons you mention, are those the ones in distress all the time?
Yes JohnE, call me by whatever name you feel most comfortable, just don't call me darling, and it has to be reiterated, that taking life too seriously might just shorten it for you.

Now, back to the thread subject matter. Interesting call there KCat regarding Mint, that, with the smell of wild garlic, make forest walks a complete pleasure, until you meet the raspberries, of course. And someone mentioned rhubarb, reminds me I need to do an apple and rhubarb crumble today.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Logicalman on September 04, 2011, 12:33:55 PM

aha Mr. LB, you might have missed the subtlety in the thread as t how we got onto gardening. It was all about pairs (pears) to begin with. Those damsons you mention, are those the ones in distress all the time?
Yes JohnE, call me by whatever name you feel most comfortable, just don't call me darling, and it has to be reiterated, that taking life too seriously might just shorten it for you.

Now, back to the thread subject matter. Interesting call there KCat regarding Mint, that, with the smell of wild garlic, make forest walks a complete pleasure, until you meet the raspberries, of course. And someone mentioned rhubarb, reminds me I need to do an apple and rhubarb crumble today.
Did you know that the rhubarb leaves are very highly poisonous ?

Nick the Swede

-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: mattiesafer on September 04, 2011, 12:26:09 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 04, 2011, 12:13:30 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 03, 2011, 11:30:38 PM
Can i quickly add that people with apple trees in their garden should be shot, i priced your garden as cutting your grass, not spending ten minutes raking your lawn free from rotten aples whilst being attacked by pissed up agresive wasps from Stoke  :014:before i start.

You can come and do my lawn then Fred, I grow grapes, tomatoes and peppers, and that's about it. We've been hit by the wildest lawn weeds I have ever seen, this year, terrible.

Sheesh, page 7 of this thread took a really unexpected and creative turn.  Glad to see nobody's used the "toys out the pram" metaphor again.  At least until now.

Off topic, all this reminds me... I really DO want to know what happened with my string beans this year... All vine, no fruit and then they just died!  What gives?
Don't think he died, I heard he moved to Stoke ?  :49:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

[/quote] Don't think he died, I heard he moved to Stoke ?  :49:
[/quote] isn't that the same thing really????????? 064.gif