watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bye Bye...

Started by BestOfBrede, September 02, 2011, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Almost as many posts in this thread as the main Ruiz and Gignac to Fulham threads.

FOF = drama queens    :dft011:

FatFreddysCat

How ironic that this is probably Best of Bredes most successful thread.

Aldo

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on September 03, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 03, 2011, 05:11:40 PM
Sorry, but in my view this is all very pathetic. If you don't like a poster then don't read their posts. If you don't feel as though people appreciate what you're posting, then don't make a song and dance about it... Isn't it obvious that it does you no favours? Just grow a pair, get over it, and if your discontent continues then leave the forum, but do so quietly and with your dignity maintained. Sorry, I don't have much time for these acts of attention seeking, this is an adult's forum afterall, and if you don't feel appreciated, don't throw your toys out of the pram.
Oh so what you mean is, if you don't go with the flow, then don't bother posting. Unless it follows the norm. So in other words go along with what you say, if not you are throwing your toys out of the pram.  :dft002:

To be fair I think BBP means that if you are unhappy with the reply, or lack of reply, then you need to consider whether this forum is for you! It is not for others to change to please the likes of Best of Brede. If he is not happy then that is his perogative and also his problem!

There willl always be cliques and disagreements as people on here have differing relationships with each other. However, the main posters are generally not malicious and it is up to us to work our way into the "inner circle" or stay on the periphery, whichever we prefer!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Aldo on September 03, 2011, 05:46:19 PM
Sorry, but in my view this is all very pathetic. If you don't like a poster then don't read their posts. If you don't feel as though people appreciate what you're posting, then don't make a song and dance about it... Isn't it obvious that it does you no favours? Just grow a pair, get over it, and if your discontent continues then leave the forum, but do so quietly and with your dignity maintained. Sorry, I don't have much time for these acts of attention seeking, this is an adult's forum afterall, and if you don't feel appreciated, don't throw your toys out of the pram.
Oh so what you mean is, if you don't go with the flow, then don't bother posting. Unless it follows the norm. So in other words go along with what you say, if not you are throwing your toys out of the pram.  :dft002:

To be fair I think BBP means that if you are unhappy with the reply, or lack of reply, then you need to consider whether this forum is for you! It is not for others to change to please the likes of Best of Brede. If he is not happy then that is his perogative and also his problem!

There willl always be cliques and disagreements as people on here have differing relationships with each other. However, the main posters are generally not malicious and it is up to us to work our way into the "inner circle" or stay on the periphery, whichever we prefer!
I try to answer most newcomers on the introduce yourself threads, especially the ones from abroad, unless perhaps your a red scouse with a touch of Ruskie in you  :dft012: or if you mention you like Lincolnshire sausages  :014: Then if you turn out to be boring i'll ignore you  076.gif . To be honest i think it's only natural that sado's like myself that spend half of their live on here are going to be beter known and get more replys.You should be pleased you've actualy got a life     090.gif  :dft004:

Brede Butter Pudding

Oh so what you mean is, if you don't go with the flow, then don't bother posting. Unless it follows the norm. So in other words go along with what you say, if not you are throwing your toys out of the pram.  :dft002:

Not at all, all I'm saying is that we're supposed to be adults on here, and the fact that you feel that you're not being listened to or appreciated or not included on an internet forum, and then decide to leave a vague message suggesting that his annoyance at the board is everyone's fault but his is quite pathetic. Fair enough, if you feel strongly about it, then create a thread and discuss it properly, but to create this thread, which suggests only that he is unhappy and feels that a clique on here excludes him, and then to simply walk away from the thread, is quite an attention seeking act and is surely not one that can let him leave with his head held high... I'm not for one moment saying that if you disagree, don't post (I presume that's what you mean by 'follow the norm'), afterall, this is a forum where everyone has opinions. But just because you feel that your opinions are being considered, try and talk reasonably about rather than throw your toys out of the pram by starting a thread that doesn't indicate very much at all, other than he feels unappreciated.

LBNo11

...BoB, sorry you think this site has become a clicque - a clique of 957, name me one single other message board that is any different in having perceived cliques and I will have sympathy. Your posts have been appreciated, written reactions amade yourre not always the thoughts of the majority, so it is more than likely that most members enjoyed your posts.

I notice you have resigned as a member and have given yourself a 'Guest' category, fair enough, you obviously suffered in silence at your perception of the clicques on FOF, you never mentioning such thoughts before - until this post.

Sorry, as well as the other members of this site losing out on being able to read your opinions and comments, you now are incapable of responding to posts you agree or disagree with - so it is your loss as well!

Not sure where you will now go to feel part more of things? Blind obstinance will no doubt stop you from re-joining, maybe you will apply as a new member, but you will suffer so much of your own personal angst for no real reason.

You will of course be welcomed back as your original persona; the longer you leave it, the more of a martyr you will become, to yourself...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

zzamora

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 03, 2011, 07:22:13 PM
...BoB, sorry you think this site has become a clicque - a clique of 957, name me one single other message board that is any different in having perceived cliques and I will have sympathy. Your posts have been appreciated, written reactions amade yourre not always the thoughts of the majority, so it is more than likely that most members enjoyed your posts.

I notice you have resigned as a member and have given yourself a 'Guest' category, fair enough, you obviously suffered in silence at your perception of the clicques on FOF, you never mentioning such thoughts before - until this post.

Sorry, as well as the other members of this site losing out on being able to read your opinions and comments, you now are incapable of responding to posts you agree or disagree with - so it is your loss as well!

Not sure where you will now go to feel part more of things? Blind obstinance will no doubt stop you from re-joining, maybe you will apply as a new member, but you will suffer so much of your own personal angst for no real reason.

You will of course be welcomed back as your original persona; the longer you leave it, the more of a martyr you will become, to yourself...

:clap_hands: agree with this completely.

Jimpav

Clique or no clique the posters on here are generally more welcoming and rational than on the Offal which is why this board was set up and certainly why most of the members here have signed on.

If anyone wants to call me by my first name then you are welcome to - it's Jim. Failing that I'm happy to chip in ever so often or just read from the sidelines.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 03, 2011, 07:22:13 PM

A bit harsh...

zzamora

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 03, 2011, 05:44:42 PM
How ironic that this is probably Best of Bredes most successful thread.

064.gif Fat Freddy! ahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahah

ScalleysDad

We gave up trying to grow pears and dug them all up last year. There were always small and hard as opposed to soft and squishy and the wasps made a mess of anything worthwhile. Stick to apples and raspberries.

Berserker

I grow apples and pears but dug up my rasperries a couple of years ago as i found they 'walked' into the rest of my plot. Just shows you how different things suit different people!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on September 03, 2011, 10:47:11 PM
I grow apples and pears but dug up my rasperries a couple of years ago as i found they 'walked' into the rest of my plot. Just shows you how different things suit different people!

Sounds like a lack of discipline on your allotment. I would not tolerate berry bullying at any level and use polite notices and rows of carrots to mainatin order. In your case ' No Raspberries beyond this point please' would have probably suffice. Second warning would have involved blackcurrants. Try replanting new raspberies with the brocolli. Those boys don't mess about.

Berserker

Oh they tried to take over my Rhubarb and goose berry section, probably as they were Autumn Bliss that somebody on the site had given me as cuttings. I've been trying to persuade the council to give me the vacant plot next to mine with out much luck, if i do i'll have a go at summer raspberries. No problem with my blackcurrents or blackberries though they are very well behaved :-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Best get back on thread as otherwise we will be labelled the 'selective allotment massive' and be ridiculed for days or until Wales get one over on us. Nice work with the rhubarb though. 

FatFreddysCat

Can i quickly add that people with apple trees in their garden should be shot, i priced your garden as cutting your grass, not spending ten minutes raking your lawn free from rotten aples whilst being attacked by pissed up agresive wasps from Stoke  :014:before i start.

Logicalman

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 03, 2011, 11:30:38 PM
Can i quickly add that people with apple trees in their garden should be shot, i priced your garden as cutting your grass, not spending ten minutes raking your lawn free from rotten aples whilst being attacked by pissed up agresive wasps from Stoke  :014:before i start.

You can come and do my lawn then Fred, I grow grapes, tomatoes and peppers, and that's about it. We've been hit by the wildest lawn weeds I have ever seen, this year, terrible.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Logicalman on September 04, 2011, 12:13:30 AM

You can come and do my lawn then Fred, I grow grapes, tomatoes and peppers, and that's about it. We've been hit by the wildest lawn weeds I have ever seen, this year, terrible.

LM. Have you tried talking to the lawn weeds to find out why they are so cross. A bit of diplomacy now could be a big saving later on . . . like when the errant raspberries from Berserkers allotment try and make a move. Get the lawn weeds on side if I were you.

FFC. I thought people with apple trees in their gardens were bordering on the posh. More herb enriched chipolata than sausage folk

mattiesafer

Quote from: Logicalman on September 04, 2011, 12:13:30 AM

Sheesh, page 7 of this thread took a really unexpected and creative turn.  Glad to see nobody's used the "toys out the pram" metaphor again.  At least until now.

Off topic, all this reminds me... I really DO want to know what happened with my string beans this year... All vine, no fruit and then they just died!  What gives?

ScalleysDad

Are there raspberries in an adjoining plot giving them that stare. You know the one eye partly closed, head slightly tilted one. That means they intend making a move and the beans simply could'nt cope with that. Try peas. They don't any crap from anybody or hire in some of these wild lawn weeds. A rampaging dandelion in a bear skin waving a wooden club should do it . . . . . .

I think the milk in my ovaltine was a bit iffey