News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Who is the most despised player you ever saw (Live or TV doesn't matter)?

Started by finnster01, November 17, 2011, 04:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

of the players who have played the game since I started watching, which is not that far back, I would say (in order):

Barton
Henry
Diouff
Terry
Ronaldo
Rooney

ImperialWhite

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 18, 2011, 12:40:01 AM
of the players who have played the game since I started watching, which is not that far back, I would say (in order):

Barton
Henry
Diouff
Terry
Ronaldo
Rooney

Is that Mister Karl Henry or Monsieur Thierry Henry?

Pata

Quote from: cebu on November 17, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
Rattin knew he'd been booked. He was just arrogant enough to think he could get away with it. Sent off and damn right too.
I wouldn't be so certain, given that Jack Charlton apparently only found out about his own booking from the paper the next day.
(A quick scan of the FIFA website doesn't show the Charlton booking; however, it does not have the correct times for the 3 Argentina bookings, so not sure how reliable it is.) Of course, the major confusion around the booking/sending off process gave rise to the system of yellow and red cards in time for the next World Cup.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

RidgeRider

Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 18, 2011, 01:24:23 AM

Barton
Henry
Diouff
Terry
Ronaldo
Rooney

That would be Wolverhampton's favorite thuggish enforcer...Mr. Karl Henry.

ffcfairy

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 18, 2011, 02:07:19 AM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on November 18, 2011, 01:24:23 AM

Barton
Henry
Diouff
Terry
Ronaldo
Rooney

That would be Wolverhampton's favorite thuggish enforcer...Mr. Karl Henry.

Agreed Karl Henry was a disgrace that day!
I myself have not been watching football as long as most people so must agree with Mr Rider on his.....and ever since Fat Lampard came to the Hammy End and 'shushed' us after scoring a few seasons back, possibly my most hated player

As for Nunez....no time for the bloke
And Diego Forlan....he just musnt be liked.

finnster01

bang head.
Dear Lord, please give me restraint. I am just about to get  083.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cmg

Of course, not EVERYBODY was intimidated by Billy Bremner...

No.6: I said JUMP, you little special one weasel!

BB: But you didn't say how high, Mr Mackay, sir.

Not many argued with Dave Mackay.

finnster01

Quote from: cmg on November 18, 2011, 12:55:11 PM

:clap_hands: Quality post Mr Cmg :Haynes The Maestro:

MJG

Quote from: cmg on November 18, 2011, 12:55:11 PM

Hmmm if he did that today it would a Red and 3-6 match ban. Back then I suspect the Ref said "Mr Mackay shall I send Billy off"

cmg

!!!????

due to some strange technoquirk "little special one-headed" has come out as "little special one".

Some kind of Mourinho fixation?

cmg

Quote from: cmg on November 18, 2011, 01:00:54 PM
!!!????

due to some strange technoquirk "little special one-headed" has come out as "little special one".

Now I'm really baffled.
Will the system not allow the word "GIN*ER"? *=G?

By the way, is that not a future England manager looking on admiringly?

ClarksOriginal

Luis Suarez.

Yes he has talent, but he's a diver, racist and looks like a horse.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

RidgeRider

Quote from: cmg on November 18, 2011, 01:09:12 PM
!!!????

Now I'm really baffled.
Will the system not allow the word "GIN*ER"? *=G?

By the way, is that not a future England manager looking on admiringly?

We have set the system up to not allow certain words. We frown upon the use of swear words, even those that are masked in some way by 'special' spellings, or words that may be a offensive. It's one of the ways we keep the board as civil.

cmg

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 18, 2011, 01:23:53 PM
Quote from: cmg on November 18, 2011, 01:09:12 PM
!!!????

We have set the system up to not allow certain words. We frown upon the use of swear words, even those that are masked in some way by 'special' spellings, or words that may be a offensive. It's one of the ways we keep the board as civil.

Thanks for your explaination Mr RR.

I fully accept and appreciate the measures taken to ensure that this board remains 'civil'.

I'm a bit supprised at this one though (unless I've missed something). - I know the word might be used in an offensive way as part of a rhyming slang phrase, and, perhaps it's now considerd offensive to use it in connection with someone's hair colour (as in Bremner's case), but it's difficult to see how it could be avoided if discussing, for instance, the kind of biscuit often dunked in tea, the great drummer of Cream or, indeed the kind of beverage I am supping as I write this.

No big deal - just surprised.

finnster01

Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: ffcfairy on November 18, 2011, 01:06:51 PM
Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 12:34:25 PM
Quote from: ffcfairy on November 18, 2011, 11:45:14 AM
Why?
is that a serious question?
Yes.

Miss FFCFairy,
Please ignore this wumming russian scouser which I still don't understand why he has decided to make it his life long dedication to infest this message board with his bellicose nonsense and drivel. He is just winding you up.

We do not have many female posters on her, and I rate your posts as they are informative and add value. Mr Pata's posts add as much value to real Fulham fans as fancy hubcaps do on cars in Liverpool.

Mods, can't we just have this weasel gone forever before he drives everyone nuts (and away)? I don't get it. One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel and all that. Friends of Fulham?, my arse he is.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: finnster01 on November 18, 2011, 01:55:17 PM
Why?
Yes.

Miss FFCFairy,
Please ignore this wumming russian scouser which I still don't understand why he has decided to make it his life long dedication to infest this message board with his bellicose nonsense and drivel. He is just winding you up.

We do not have many female posters on her, and I rate your posts as they are informative and add value. Mr Pata's posts add as much value to real Fulham fans as fancy hubcaps do on cars in Liverpool.

Mods, can't we just have this weasel gone forever before he drives everyone nuts (and away)? I don't get it. One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel and all that. Friends of Fulham?, my arse he is.

+1
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ffcfairy

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on November 18, 2011, 02:02:38 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 18, 2011, 01:55:17 PM
Why?
Yes.

Miss FFCFairy,

+1

Thanks Guys i really appreciate it! Obviously some people still dont think females should have an opinion on football which makes me laugh when ive probably been to more games and stadiums than a fair few people on here!