News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - RVP to Man United, fee agreed official, ouch!

Started by os5889, August 15, 2012, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Not Fulham related but the first mega transfer of the summer appears about ready to go through and frightens me somewhat, the thought of Rooney and RVP together is pretty daunting.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Aug/manchester-united-agree-deal-for-robin-van-persie.aspx

United agree van Persie deal

Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.

The deal is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course.

Os5889 - Price believed to be £22-25 million depending on source. Anyone else amazed at the work done by Fergie getting this done? Does this change your opinion on Man Utd's title chances?

ElissonSnygg

It has to mean that Hernandez is leaving with that salary of RVP.

Why not take him? We need a type like him.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

os5889

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on August 15, 2012, 08:01:53 PM

I dont think Hernandez will be going anywhere with 4 years left on his contract , he's by far superior to Wellbeck, if anything with RVP being a similar player to Wellbeck I think his days may be numbered, that said with them fighting on 4 fronts I expect 4 forwards is a minimum.

Berbatov should leave this summer and will be the only scraps for others to fight over.

Jimpav

I just wonder if he will manage to stay fit for a full season. Slight gamble on Uniteds part but killer blow to Arsenal- the Premier leagues, premier selling club

God The Mechanic

Crazy high fee - and could possibly have a positive impact on the Dempsey valuation.  Yes RVP is better, but in terms of importance they're pretty similar (especially in goals), may kinda force Liverpool's hand.  Hopefully at least :P

As for the players leaving, Berba has to go.  I love the guy, but it just ain't gonna happen for him at Old Trafford.  Similar to Veron in that a huge fee was paid, but the changes to accommodate him weren't.  Absolutely class at times though.  Let's hope Berba is that number 9 for Fulham :P

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on August 15, 2012, 08:01:53 PM

He'd NEVER consider us. Not going to leave, it's Berbatov IMHO.

os5889

Quote from: Jimpav on August 15, 2012, 08:05:30 PM
I just wonder if he will manage to stay fit for a full season. Slight gamble on Uniteds part but killer blow to Arsenal- the Premier leagues, premier selling club

If you think about it this is a great deal and gamble for both parties, Arsenal get some income for a player worth nothing in 12 months and lose the risk of an injury making him worthless for the season and can invest in the future.

United get the potential of a proven experienced player in his peak to join their relatively young team signed up for the rest of his career. If they can keep him fit - I am sure they will feel they will do a better job than Arsenals medical staff, especially given Wilshere was meant to be out for 2 months and hasnt played for 14 months... they will have a winner too.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I am not a great fan of Fergie but I must say you have to admire his MO ..................
Once it's out that he wants a player, he gets that player. No messing about, no cloak and dagger, ................................Bish Bosh job done.

PS.............Demps looks goooooooooooood in red !!!!

Bassey the warrior

I would be absolutely furious if I were an Arsenal fan. At Van Persie of course but more at the board. They have shown no ambition whatsoever.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: os5889 on August 15, 2012, 08:13:55 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on August 15, 2012, 08:05:30 PM

If you think about it this is a great deal and gamble for both parties, Arsenal get some income for a player worth nothing in 12 months and lose the risk of an injury making him worthless for the season and can invest in the future.

United get the potential of a proven experienced player in his peak to join their relatively young team signed up for the rest of his career. If they can keep him fit - I am sure they will feel they will do a better job than Arsenals medical staff, especially given Wilshere was meant to be out for 2 months and hasnt played for 14 months... they will have a winner too.

Arsenal must have the worst medical team in the league. Quite incredible really.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 15, 2012, 08:09:30 PM
Crazy high fee - and could possibly have a positive impact on the Dempsey valuation.  Yes RVP is better, but in terms of importance they're pretty similar (especially in goals), may kinda force Liverpool's hand.  Hopefully at least :P

As for the players leaving, Berba has to go.  I love the guy, but it just ain't gonna happen for him at Old Trafford.  Similar to Veron in that a huge fee was paid, but the changes to accommodate him weren't.  Absolutely class at times though.  Let's hope Berba is that number 9 for Fulham :P
I don't see how this affects Dempsey. Van Persie is much better, plays for a bigger club that can demand a bigger fee, his sale came on the back of a bidding war and he's consistently scored more goals. Plus he's not American.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: The Moose on August 15, 2012, 08:36:52 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 15, 2012, 08:09:30 PM

I don't see how this affects Dempsey. Van Persie is much better, plays for a bigger club that can demand a bigger fee, his sale came on the back of a bidding war and he's consistently scored more goals. Plus he's not American.

What bidding war?  Genuine question too, cos as far as I was aware City were interested but didn't actually make a bid.  It was just Arsenal holding out for a fee they deemed acceptable.  And Dempsey hasn't openly said he won't sign a new contract, whereas RVP did.  And RVP has a history of being very injury prone, something Dempsey hasn't.

Yeh, it could easily be wishful thinking :p  But I reckon it puts Fulham in a slightly stronger position, knowing that someone of similar importance has been sold for so much in similar circumstance.  Not that I'm suggesting Liverpool (or anyone for that matter) are gonna stump up £20million plus for Dempsey.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

God the M  makes a very good point
The pressure is now on Liverpool to make a decision  and why wouldn't Wenger be interested in Dempsey ????
He (Arsen)is reported to be sick of little boys ( Nasri, RVP ) Demps is the perfect antidote

If  Clint  has to go I would prefer it was to the Gooners than to Liverpool.

Legate21

Although there's not a chance of it happening, ever, I think Hernandez would be a perfect fit for Fulham. He's quick, both footed, decent in the air, has fantastic movement and is just a proper poacher. Cracking Prem goalscoring record even if he does play for one of the top teams

Enter the Frei

cheeky loan bid for Dimitiar anyone? I think Jol may have signed him at Spurs and he's probably 5th choice now

BB

If Rip Van periWinkle, is worth £24Million (aged 29 and 1 year to run on his contract) >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179833 <<

Perhaps Clint Dempsey's true value to FFC, is much nearer £20Million? Rather than the derisory £5Million starting point of "The Arse" and "The Mickey Mousers".

So the gauntlet has been thrown down... now if there are serious buyers in the mix for Clint perhaps they had better form an orderly queue, cash in their hands (large portions) and stop muckin' abaht!!! starsnstripes

Jack Fulham

Aren't we supposed to be holding out for £10 Million?

alexbishop

Clint is also less injury prone and still banged in 20+ goals playing on the left!

Only reason his value is half of Van Persie's is because he's American and plays for Fulham. It's a sad world...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Scrumpy

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 15, 2012, 09:27:27 PM
cheeky loan bid for Dimitiar anyone? I think Jol may have signed him at Spurs and he's probably 5th choice now

I can see that happening but boy we would be rubbish without the ball  fp.gif. Great with it, but hardly blessed with players that could win it back, once lost.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 15, 2012, 09:27:27 PM

Loan?