watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov - Update - in club car to Motspur - merged

Started by spikey norman, August 29, 2012, 06:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarden

Jol was the one that singed Berbatov to Spurs if i remember correct. Would be an awesome signing, firngers crossed!

Patterson

Who's gonna say we don't have ambition...

I don't get some of our fans.  Surely you don't expect us to hold on to footballers who are entering their primes (or in them) and fight off huge bids and wage offers.  We however are good enough that footballers slightly past their prime consider us a viable option.  I know this doesn't sound very impressive, but had I told you 2 years ago that we'd be losing Dempsey and Dembele but we would have a chance to sign Dimitar Berbatov, you'd have laughed at the suggestion.

Say what you will about Berbatov's specifics as a player, but he's CLEARLY class and a huge name signing.  What I like most about going after him in particular is that I think we'll get him at a huge cut rate and on relatively reasonable wages.  It's not going after any big name for the sake of it...it's going after the right big name at the right time in his career.

This is a club on the way up despite what some may think.  I'm convinced of this.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Bradstow

Never stopped scoring for fun despite being under used by Manure. One of the most intelligently gifted forwards of recent years. He has never had to work hard - he lets the ball do that job. Would be a treamendous consolation for the lose of Mousa if he would come here.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

west kowloon white

Lazy??Proven and at less than half the price of Rhodes,money to spare for one of Jol's gems....can't help thinking deal will be hi-jacked by a "bigger" club.

jelmo

Yeah, we need to push this one through quicker than we usually do (NHS level waiting times for our medicals) and sign up 'Count Berbula' before a club such as QPR come around and offer him 100k a week or something stupid.

Oiseau

Quote from: Luke on August 30, 2012, 01:50:49 AM
He was indeed:

They fell out horribly when Berbatov wanted to leave. Berbatov even refused to train with Jol from what I've heard...

Andy_M

Imagine if Berba and Ruiz could get on the same wave length!!

Ruiz's passing/eye for a pass with Berba's first touch and finishing .... could be absolute magic!!
@got_maile

mikie

I dont see how buying a 30 plus year old and selling our best centre mid we have had for a very very long time as a club going forward. Going completely againsty the lowering of the average age of the team which was the point in the first place. If that is an out of place fact and im talking nonsense then you need to go back to primary school fella. I am speaking facts and you dont like it and have to resort to making personal attacks. Its just a shame i cant post on here what i think of you.

Lighthouse

We have two forwards in the whole squad plus Trotta. We have three wide players, including two kids. We have a shortage of creative midfielders. Players have moved on because they are at the end of their best days. We have brought in players who are at the end of their best days. Plus Rodders.

The selling of Dembele IS NOT the problem. It frees up money. But with a 40 odd hours to go our squad is painfully thin. We are an established Prem Side. A shame we are left in the situation. It does show a lack of planning AND ambition. Hoping the kids work in the long run is a gamble.

This is a pivotal moment in our Prem lives. It should never have come to this.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: mikie on August 30, 2012, 10:03:25 AM
I dont see how buying a 30 plus year old and selling our best centre mid we have had for a very very long time as a club going forward. Going completely againsty the lowering of the average age of the team which was the point in the first place. If that is an out of place fact and im talking nonsense then you need to go back to primary school fella. I am speaking facts and you dont like it and have to resort to making personal attacks. Its just a shame i cant post on here what i think of you.

It is out of place because it is completely ignoring the circumstances.

First you say Berbatov is a step back from Zamora, which is proven hilariously false.

Then you equate losing Moussa and signing Berbatov - two different situtations and Berbatov is not the replacement.

Moussa had one year left on his contract. We got a reported £19m + add ons for him. What did you want the club to do, reinvest the money or let him go for free next summer. He was not signing a contract and wanted to leave (but was happy to play another year here).

If you want to PM me your personal feelings, feel free.

FFC1987

Quote from: mikie on August 30, 2012, 10:03:25 AM

Read before my comment, you didn't post fact and we have potentially brought in a proven goalscorer fron Manchester United and were horribly quoting that Zamora had outscored him. You were proven wrong on this account. IE head to head Zamora has never outscored. 'At least Zamora is playing for QPR' - Counter argument, Zamora wouldn't even get into United reserves bench so theres the quality difference and as for the age, it has gone from 31 to 29 which is a prime playing age.

If you would just scroll up and stop playing the victim card you could of saved yourself the embarressment. Post what you think, but once proven wrong on this level, stand down and acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, someone on this board is a little more clued up on certain things. 'Go back to primary school' Sums you up pal, you haven't used one stat to back your Zamora case, thats basic primary stuff if ever I saw it. Look up the basics on Objective and Subjective arguments fella and come back with a more constructive argument.

AlFayedschequebook Hook line and sinker, Checkmate.

LBNo11

...excuse me asking, but why is mikie a WUM just because he has strong opinions that may differ from others. As long as he does not throw insults or swear there is nothing he is doing wrong.

Respect his views even if you don't agree with them - and that should be mutual.

Thanks...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

craig10

Can I point out Bobby Zamora is older (let alone not as good) as Berba

FulhamMic

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2012, 10:08:54 AM
It does show a lack of planning AND ambition. Hoping the kids work in the long run is a gamble.

How else are the kids meant to develop if they aren't given a chance? And how often are they going to get a chance if we reinvest the Dembele money in first team players who'll expect to play before them? Maybe Jol believes he's seen enough in Frei and Kacaniklic to actually give them a regular starting spot?

Jol always stated he wanted to bring the youth through, and he's sticking to his word.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 30, 2012, 10:08:54 AM
We have two forwards in the whole squad plus Trotta. We have three wide players, including two kids. We have a shortage of creative midfielders. Players have moved on because they are at the end of their best days. We have brought in players who are at the end of their best days. Plus Rodders.

The selling of Dembele IS NOT the problem. It frees up money. But with a 40 odd hours to go our squad is painfully thin. We are an established Prem Side. A shame we are left in the situation. It does show a lack of planning AND ambition. Hoping the kids work in the long run is a gamble.

This is a pivotal moment in our Prem lives. It should never have come to this.

I suggest you have a look at this: http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/what-are-we-lacking-then/

We do need players, but the whole 'squad is paper thin' thing is being a tad overplayed.

Adam87

you just no QPRHAHA are going to put in a bid today......i tell you what if we lose out to them for him i dont think i could feel any worse. Hopefully they have enough strikers now. Pray the deal goes through. come on fulham.

FulhamMic

mikie

Zamora is playing regular prem football. Berbatov is not. FACT... We offloaded Zamora age etc and go for another 30 plus year old. How is that building for the future???

A reported 19million plus add ons and you know that as a fact do you????? hilarious...

Dembele never signed a new contract because he was never offered one that was worthy of signing. And yet we are willing to pay the wages of a 30 plus year old player??? We may as well sign up Andy Cole again...

And if you want to air your dirty washing we will do it here in public for all to see.

FFC1987

Quote from: mikie on August 30, 2012, 10:19:37 AM
Zamora is playing regular prem football. Berbatov is not. FACT... We offloaded Zamora age etc and go for another 30 plus year old. How is that building for the future???

A reported 19million plus add ons and you know that as a fact do you????? hilarious...

Dembele never signed a new contract because he was never offered one that was worthy of signing. And yet we are willing to pay the wages of a 30 plus year old player??? We may as well sign up Andy Cole again...

And if you want to air your dirty washing we will do it here in public for all to see.

Where do you start with this level of ignorance.....