Started by spikey norman, August 29, 2012, 06:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig10

U wou
Quote from: cebu on August 29, 2012, 10:28:26 PM
Quote from: craig10 on August 29, 2012, 10:24:21 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on August 29, 2012, 10:21:36 PM
Yes please!!!!!!!!

Last two seasons 44 league games 27 goals....

Sometimes SAF has no idea.... Tevez and berbatov

Here is to hoping its been signed cos if the figures are correct there are bound to be other prem teams interested eg Newcastle

Would he and his family prefer Newcastle to London?  I hope not.

U would like to think not but if it is true he wants to stay in England they have more money and Europe. I want this tied up ASAP along with a couple more...

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

itombomb

Yes please!!!!!!!!

Ferguson has an idea, but Berba doesn't fit to the United attacking system, which is all about speed and those flick ons to guys making advanced runs. They do very little patiently in the final 3rd (which is one of the reasons Rooney never developed into that creative player who would play the easy ball when it wasn't on).

zander

Quote from: Oiseau on August 29, 2012, 10:31:10 PM
Quote from: craig10 on August 29, 2012, 10:16:32 PM
Real reason y Berbatov is to sign for fulham -
He is too lazy to leave the country

Apparently his Mrs. doesn't want to leave England.

Argh, I'm trying not to believe any gossip until it's confirmed for my own sanity. It's going to be tough.

Yeah I think he's jumped at the chance to stay here. Gazetta have got a fair bit on this and there is no way he'll be heading to Juve or Fiorentina, especially the later given their press release.

Mike

I would be tempted to get a driver to meet Berbatov myself to make sure he arrives at the right football ground, as he keeps getting lost. Hate him to end up at QPR.

1879 a good year for football

craig10

Quote from: itombomb on August 29, 2012, 10:37:33 PM
Yes please!!!!!!!!

Ferguson has an idea, but Berba doesn't fit to the United attacking system, which is all about speed and those flick ons to guys making advanced runs. They do very little patiently in the final 3rd (which is one of the reasons Rooney never developed into that creative player who would play the easy ball when it wasn't on).

Agree 100% I always felt Berba would suite a Liverpool side where the build seems slower compared to a man united or Arsenal. The ONLY thing that he does do that can be frustrating is when he receives the ball his 1st instinct seems to be to go away from goal.....

God The Mechanic

Quote from: craig10 on August 29, 2012, 10:41:14 PM
Yes please!!!!!!!!

Agree 100% I always felt Berba would suite a Liverpool side where the build seems slower compared to a man united or Arsenal. The ONLY thing that he does do that can be frustrating is when he receives the ball his 1st instinct seems to be to go away from goal.....

That first instinct is usually into space.  What's the point going forwards and losing the ball if you can go back, keep it and try and find an opening?  He's an intelligent footballer, rather than one who acts purely impulsively.

craig10

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 29, 2012, 10:45:34 PM
Quote from: craig10 on August 29, 2012, 10:41:14 PM
Yes please!!!!!!!!

That first instinct is usually into space.  What's the point going forwards and losing the ball if you can go back, keep it and try and find an opening?  He's an intelligent footballer, rather than one who acts purely impulsively.

Hence me saying it CAN be frustrating. I am referring to the times he is through and decides to come away from goal instead of being more direct. Similar to Scott Parker doing a pirouette everytime he traps the ball.... Frustrating when there is a quick pass on on 20 yards to run into

itombomb

Quote from: craig10 on August 29, 2012, 10:50:02 PMHence me saying it CAN be frustrating. I am referring to the times he is through and decides to come away from goal instead of being more direct. Similar to Scott Parker doing a pirouette everytime he traps the ball.... Frustrating when there is a quick pass on on 20 yards to run into
Parker does those because he can only use one foot and he isn't quick enough to create separation from his opponent (Barry does them a lot too).

Ordar

If we sign Berbatov it will be amazing. Two 30m+ players in our starting line up. Jesus!

craig10

Quote from: itombomb on August 29, 2012, 11:05:56 PM
Quote from: craig10 on August 29, 2012, 10:50:02 PMHence me saying it CAN be frustrating. I am referring to the times he is through and decides to come away from goal instead of being more direct. Similar to Scott Parker doing a pirouette everytime he traps the ball.... Frustrating when there is a quick pass on on 20 yards to run into
Parker does those because he can only use one foot and he isn't quick enough to create separation from his opponent (Barry does them a lot too).

Horrible to see ad cant help but piss myself everytime he touches the ball you know he will do it

ffcitaly

now most italian website says he's going to Fulham,I hate football rumours,especially from italian newspapers!

YankeeJim

Quote from: horse1031 on August 29, 2012, 10:05:35 PM
Fiorentina are NOT happy

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1146058/man-united's-dimitar-set-to-join-fulham-and-snub-juventus?&cc=5901
-------------------------------------

His actions have incensed the Viola, who published the following press release late on Wednesday evening: "ACF Fiorentina announces that it missed the acquisition of the player Dimitar Berbatov after we had reached an agreement with Manchester United and a verbal understanding with the player on a contract.

"During today the English club had granted him written permission to travel to Florence for a medical and to sign a contract. The player - accompanied by his agent - embarked on a flight to Florence with tickets paid for by the club.

"But the player never arrived in Florence because of reckless and arrogant actions of other clubs which have nothing to do with the values of honesty, fair play and sporting ethics which lie beyond the boundaries of loyalty.

"As for the player, notwithstanding his characteristics and technical merit, at this point we are happy that he did not come to Fiorentina as he is not worthy of our city, our shirt and the values it represents."

An Italian football team talking about intergity....what's next, an end to the diving & whining?
Wonders will never cease.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

CH FFC

I like it, hope there is genuine interest on his part.  For those that say he is "lazy" or lacks a good work ethic, honestly, I do not see it.  If you watch him he seems to be "efficient" with his work, and really puts in an effort when it counts.  He definitely does not run as much as some, but with his goal scoring record he seems to get in the right spot without.

In the least, I feel this is in the right direction.  At the price it is great business.

Ordar

How can anyone be underwhelmed by this. Seriously. Berbatov is class. He was the PL top scorer a couple years ago, and hardly played.

It may not solve our cm issue, but bloody hell would it be a statement of intent is we wrap it up before the chaos of Friday

Walsh

Was Martin Jol manager of Tottenham when Berbatov was there? Maybe Berbatov likes Martin Jol and think's he can shine again.

Luke

Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!