watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football Manager 2013

Started by elgreenio, October 23, 2012, 09:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

Also tried for Romario but they wanted over 1mil for him so didn't fancy it. Sure they'll be some beauties on bosmans in year 1, though I fancy Saints to go down and steal Clyne off them.

Another patch coming next week to sort a lot of ME stuff. Defensive lines, broken deep lying playmakers etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

AlFayedsChequebook

Finally started a Fulham game and brought in Andrea Poli from Sampdoria as a midfielder (class).

Not started great but my adventurous barcaesque passing style might take a bit of time to gel.

Airfix

Just been playing Football Manager on my PC when I was offered the Scotland job.

I knew it was a poo squad with no future so I declined the offer.

I then put the phone down and got back to Football Manager...

Mitch

I'm playing a 3-1-2-2-2 tactic i found on the dugout and doing OK.

Teams finally coming together and we've just beaten QPR 1-5 and Spurs 2-1.

Cauley Woodrow's stats are improving quickly and he has 8 in 4 games for the youth.

I've also just dropped Mo Diarra which was a shame; Got Dzagoev coming in Jan who will replace Sidwell.

Have done a good scout of the UK and James Ward-Prowse looks a must buy, as well as a few cheaper youth players at Derby. There's a left back at PSV which all my scouts (18-20 Judging PA) suggest I buy no matter what - Willens/Willems maybe.

Also a small Norweigan 16 year old striker (in the u19 Norway squad) who you can sign for about £50k compo. Has a very long name, sorry, can't rememmber!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mitch on November 08, 2012, 01:39:59 PM

Cauley Woodrow's stats are improving quickly and he has 8 in 4 games for the youth.

I've also just dropped Mo Diarra which was a shame; Got Dzagoev coming in Jan who will replace Sidwell.

Have done a good scout of the UK and James Ward-Prowse looks a must buy, as well as a few cheaper youth players at Derby. There's a left back at PSV which all my scouts (18-20 Judging PA) suggest I buy no matter what - Willens/Willems maybe.

Also a small Norweigan 16 year old striker (in the u19 Norway squad) who you can sign for about £50k compo. Has a very long name, sorry, can't rememmber!

Jetro Willems! Get him, he is quality.

Also have a look at Memphis Debay from PSV, he is rapid and very creative.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mitch

Assuming you've signed him, how much for? Or is that just based on your knowledge of Dutch football? They wanted £27m for an 18 year old left back so I politely walked away.

zzamora

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on November 08, 2012, 02:02:56 PM
Quote from: Mitch on November 08, 2012, 01:39:59 PM

Jetro Willems! Get him, he is quality.

Also have a look at Memphis Debay from PSV, he is rapid and very creative.

Was he the one who made his debut at the world cup?

Ruben Yittigard Jensen (Tromso) excellent midfielder.

Leonard (Sparta Prague) Striker is also a cheap, pacey, all round goal scorer.

Wellington Nem is a must buy- release clause of 3.5 (or something like that) in his contract.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mitch on November 08, 2012, 05:09:48 PM
Assuming you've signed him, how much for? Or is that just based on your knowledge of Dutch football? They wanted £27m for an 18 year old left back so I politely walked away.

Knowledge of Dutch football - couple with the fact that on FIFA he is very very good and recently FIFA has become a lot closer in terms of stats to FM.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

elgreenio

coming from the inside and knowing just how much goes into the FM research and just how many absolute football nuts are involved I'd be surprised if FIFA ever gets on a par on stats etc.
But yeh that left back is a bit of a diamond if you can get him

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

elgreenio

was off ill for a couple of days so managed to get through the season and get just into September 2nd season.

Finished 6th, level on points with 7th Newcastle and a point ahead of Chelsea in 8th. Bowed out of both cups early on, think I even managed to lose to Coventry in the FA Cup. Hangeland finished player of the year and was in the prem team of the year, Ruiz was top scorer with Berba second.

Got 11m budget in the summer for predicted top half finish but could tweak it as I released Schwarzer, Hughes, Duff, Petric, Riether. Sold Kelly on top of that.

Bought in Chadli and Viviano on bosmans and then Ademilson for his 5.25m release clause (he's an absolute goal machine, 9 in 6 games so far). Also got Fabio on loan for my rb spot, then started getting desperate for my cb and cm cover so bought Zaccardo for 1.5m to play centre back and got Rodwell on loan on deadline day. Dembele is transfer listed and in the reserves so really want to get him back but will need to find 10m from somewhere.

Started reasonably this season, lost to Man U and Man C, but beat WBA, Wolves and Liverpool. Lost my first EL group game against Valencia 1-0, but have Tromso and Genoa also in the group so should be ok I think.

BigNigeBowds

I had a horrible start trying to play flowing good passing football, went on an 19 match winless streak and got sacked in january.

Currently manager of plymouth argyle, just got promoted to league one, pretty frustrating as they have very little money.
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

MJG

So started the classic version of the game and got through to game 32 and was then sacked when in 16th place having just lost 3 games in a row to Man utd/Chelsea/Arsenal. (now starting 2013/14 with York in the BSP)
Must admit first time I have completed a season on CM since about 2008 so really like the classic mode.

AlFayedsChequebook

Decided that premier league management was overrated and decided to start with Crewe Alexandra in league one.

Predicted to finish 20th but opened the season with a 15 game unbeaten streak and remain in contention for the title at the half way mark.

Currently trying to get Danny Murphy back to Crewe for his final hurrah!

Walsh

Team: Blackburn
Position: 12th

I have started a game with 2 of my mates... we're all northern teams. One of my mates is Blackpool and the other is Bolton and I'm Blackburn. I have had a terrible start to the season but I have signed Zanetti and Hitzlsperger for my midfielder and I signed a youngster from Palace for 50k who has amazing stats (can't remember his name) I will find out later when I get on, I have also just got Macheda on loan from Manchester United as Jordan Rhodes has been absolute terrible for me. We're currently 6 games with Blackpool flying highest in 8th position and not far behind is Bolton who are 10th, and I sit in 12th position we're all 1 point behind each other and I have just managed to get all my players back from injury... BRING ON THE SEASON!

Team: Chesterfield
Position: 6th

I have a single player game with Chesterfield and things are starting to be looking up I am currently sat in 6th position, 3 points off 3rd position and I have started to find form, I haven't really changed much, I signed a player called N'Kong on a free who is a pretty good player for league 2 and I also signed a RB (Eckhardt) who has been disappointing but I also signed a young AM(R/L) called Jordan Prosser who seems to be finding his feet nicely.

I will try and keep you up-to-date on how things are going... any recommendations would be great.

SaltfordWhite

I am sure that this is going to sound really stupid, but I've just downloaded the demo to have a look around and can't seem to hire any staff!

Is this purely because the demo is limited, or have they done away with hiring anyone but the very highest level staff?

elgreenio

what staff are you trying to hire? if you look in the staff responsibilites you may have somebody other than yourself set to hire/fire staff

SaltfordWhite

Cheers for getting back to me!

I'm just trying to hire a scout as it seems that I only have Malcolm Elias and he is chief scout.

If I go into the staff search and try to look by staff role, the only options I get are assistant manager, chief scout, director of football, Head physio and head of youth development?

Mitch

Quote from: elgreenio on November 16, 2012, 11:26:09 AM
was off ill for a couple of days so managed to get through the season and get just into September 2nd season.

Finished 6th, level on points with 7th Newcastle and a point ahead of Chelsea in 8th. Bowed out of both cups early on, think I even managed to lose to Coventry in the FA Cup. Hangeland finished player of the year and was in the prem team of the year, Ruiz was top scorer with Berba second.

Got 11m budget in the summer for predicted top half finish but could tweak it as I released Schwarzer, Hughes, Duff, Petric, Riether. Sold Kelly on top of that.

Bought in Chadli and Viviano on bosmans and then Ademilson for his 5.25m release clause (he's an absolute goal machine, 9 in 6 games so far). Also got Fabio on loan for my rb spot, then started getting desperate for my cb and cm cover so bought Zaccardo for 1.5m to play centre back and got Rodwell on loan on deadline day. Dembele is transfer listed and in the reserves so really want to get him back but will need to find 10m from somewhere.

Started reasonably this season, lost to Man U and Man C, but beat WBA, Wolves and Liverpool. Lost my first EL group game against Valencia 1-0, but have Tromso and Genoa also in the group so should be ok I think.

Ulimately finished 16th in my first season after staving off the sack with three wins on the bounce at QPR, one other I can't remember and Spurs (I don't know how!!).

Second season sold Ruiz as I only play one up-front and he wasn't performing on the righth hand side. We have to pay off £900k per month and financially we were struggling. I was only given £700k to spend too, but I did clear £200k-ish off of the wage bill.

In came a young Italian right back on loan, Gerson on loan, Javi Martinez on loan (great signing).

Kasami is now playing AMR and excelling as is Kaka in LM. Found a few German regens who are quality who had been released (thank you Malcolm Elias!).

Currently fifth on the back of an unbeaten run including a 3-0 win against Arsenal at the Cottage. Things are looking much better!

Dembele was transfer listed second season too, but at his own request and I didn't have £10m. :(

Could do with some money in January as overall the squad is thin, but the youngsters are doing it for me at the moment.

elgreenio

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on November 16, 2012, 04:23:17 PM
Cheers for getting back to me!

I'm just trying to hire a scout as it seems that I only have Malcolm Elias and he is chief scout.

If I go into the staff search and try to look by staff role, the only options I get are assistant manager, chief scout, director of football, Head physio and head of youth development?

hmm, you playing FM Classic or the full career mode? cant say i've done any hiring/firing of staff yet so havn't looked at those bits of the search. Are you set as responsible for hiring the staff in the staff responsibilites page as per previous post?

SaltfordWhite

I'm just dabbling in the classic at the moment rather than full career and I can't for the life of me find where the staff responsibilities page is.

God I am rubbish at this.