Author Topic: Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?  (Read 89197 times)

Offline Rj Fulham

• Lakey/Dark Room
Re: Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »
hey all! my first post  049:gif

ive been following fulham for about 8 years now, when i first started watching football more seriously! i think my main reason was mark schwarzer was there at the time sho is an aussie like myself, and  i liked looking back at fulhams vast history and how they pulled themselves up from dark days to where they are now! needless to say i fell in love with the club and i would watch any game i could even ones at 5 6am aussie time (fulham night games are a nightmare!)

most of my  mates follow top 4 clubs but i dont care, my support lies at the cottage!!  049:gif 049:gif

Offline Aussie_Fulham

• tjl
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2019, 03:30:31 AM »

ive been following fulham for about 8 years now, when i first started watching football more seriously! i think my main reason was mark schwarzer was there at the time sho is an aussie like myself, and  i liked looking back at fulhams vast history and how they pulled themselves up from dark days to where they are now! needless to say i fell in love with the club and i would watch any game i could even ones at 5 6am aussie time (fulham night games are a nightmare!)

most of my  mates follow top 4 clubs but i dont care, my support lies at the cottage!!  049:gif 049:gif
Exact same reason I started following fulham - Mark Schwarzer! Followed him from Boro to Fulham and fell in love with the club and the rest is history. Lived over in London for a bit over a year and was lucky enough to be over there for the entire season we were promoted. Some absolute brilliant memories I’ll take to the grave with me - overcoming a 1-0 deficit in our play off against Derby to book ourselves a spot at Wembley and being one of the first ones over the fence to pitch invade at full time and running over to a bewildered Ryan Sessengnon and hugging and celebrating with him. Winning the play off final at Wembley. The day was just absolutely perfect. Pre match at one of our designated pubs who’s name escapes me had an amazing vibe about it. Really set the tone for an amazing day for the club.

Fulham supporters are few and far between over here given everyone supports a top 4 club. Refreshing to see another Aussie Fulham supporter!

Offline Rj Fulham

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2019, 02:43:41 PM »

Exact same reason I started following fulham - Mark Schwarzer! Followed him from Boro to Fulham and fell in love with the club and the rest is history. Lived over in London for a bit over a year and was lucky enough to be over there for the entire season we were promoted. Some absolute brilliant memories I’ll take to the grave with me - overcoming a 1-0 deficit in our play off against Derby to book ourselves a spot at Wembley and being one of the first ones over the fence to pitch invade at full time and running over to a bewildered Ryan Sessengnon and hugging and celebrating with him. Winning the play off final at Wembley. The day was just absolutely perfect. Pre match at one of our designated pubs who’s name escapes me had an amazing vibe about it. Really set the tone for an amazing day for the club.

Fulham supporters are few and far between over here given everyone supports a top 4 club. Refreshing to see another Aussie Fulham supporter!

likewise mate! though it will be tough this year with my mates all watching prem football , ill be watching as many fulham games as i can, win lose or draw! 

funnily enough ive seen people around town in sunderland tops, sheff wed tops, so not all australians are glory hunters, just not many smart ones like us  049:gif

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
  • Bring on the Championship!
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »
Welcome to the two of you. Our Aussie contingent has fallen off since the esteemed Corked Hat past. I've been chasing the Whites since 2004 when Brian McBride (McGod) came aboard and just fell in love with the club. Gentlemen and gentle ladies abound along with a few horse's petutes. You'll figure out who they are the first time your opinion differs. In all in good fun.
RJ, great name BTW!

Offline Litrecola_

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2019, 02:03:45 AM »
From Calgary, Canada
Have always supported Fulham (20 yrs). I lived in Scotland and would fly down on weekends to my friends place in London. He lived in Hammersmith and I would time my weekends to coincide with games at the cottage. I brought my wife there 4 years ago just for her to see it.

Offline AquaSupreme

• Michael Jackson
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEEAM
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2019, 07:12:21 PM »
Hi everyone! I just joined this board today, though I have been supporting Fulham from twitter for a while now (@RSLboi).

I am from St. George, UT, USA (though I am often in SLC watching Real Salt Lake).

Started supporting Fulham back in 16/17. My mom had bought me a Man City jacket when I was a kid, so I always had supported them. In 16/17 ESPN had just started showing some Championship games, so I decided I should pick a Championship team. I picked Fulham because of the Radiohead song Ful Stop (figured the "Ful" might have been related), and because their kits were sweet. Started to read about the history of the club and realized basically every American star had played here. Over the next year of watching Fulham, I realized supporting a team that always wins like City wasn't any fun and my love for Fulham was growing strong. Once the 17/18 season started, I was a full fledged Fulhamaniac, and it's stayed like that ever since.

COYW

Offline YankeeJim

• cebu
  • Bring on the Championship!
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2019, 06:33:20 PM »
Wise decision lad. I too started with Citi when Claudio Reyna was there but after a bad match the trash came out of the woodwork and bashed Reyna with endless xenophobic slurs. There is very little of that with FFC and none with the long time people. Great bunch here. (Mostly, LOL)
The FFC website has an inexpensive way to watch the majority of the Whites matches so check it out.
Remember, Brian McBride's correct name is McGod. Great captain and a great competitor and roundly loved at FOF.
Welcome! COYW