watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January...who would you like to see added or leave..merged

Started by Classic94, November 30, 2013, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Just watching United lose to the Toon; Anderson & Zaha have just come on.

Really think that Anderson could be the player to sort out our creative problems, and Zaha looks very talented, but a little short on minutes. The pace, creativity and attacking drive would really help us get some much-needed goals. Both players could certainly add a lot to our squad; seriously hope Rene pulls some strings and buys Anderson and loans Zaha in jan.

K33NY

Anderson in January to Fulham could be a very wise move, but it could be possible he gets more playing time now and harder to get him to Fulham?

Kinda feel sorry for Moyes these days, I like watching United being lower after Ferguson left, but Moyes is getting a hard time by both Newcastle and United fans now, Newcastle fans shouting out loud, Sacked in the morning. Dont think he deserves it though, or is it only me feeling this way?

Craven Mad

Quote from: K33NY on December 07, 2013, 02:25:48 PM
Anderson in January to Fulham could be a very wise move, but it could be possible he gets more playing time now and harder to get him to Fulham?

Kinda feel sorry for Moyes these days, I like watching United being lower after Ferguson left, but Moyes is getting a hard time by both Newcastle and United fans now, Newcastle fans shouting out loud, Sacked in the morning. Dont think he deserves it though, or is it only me feeling this way?

Agreed. United fans have been spoilt by decades of Ferguson. It'll take time for Moyes to make his stamp. The game has changed since Fergie started; as many have noted, Ferguson's first season would probably have got him sacked these days - no patience.

But, as a fan who supports the FFC decision to sack Jol, I know first-hand the disappointment arising from poor results and an under-performing squad..

I could see Moyes being sacked before the end of the season..

Burt

Fergie was always going to be a hard act to follow.

Moyes has this season as transition, and he should be given time for that.

I suspect that if they don't qualify for the Champions League though he may be toast. Their financial model is predicated on Champions League footie, and failure to qualify will leave a sizeable financial hole. And their fans are used to success, so anything outside of the top 4 will be seen as a failure.

K33NY

Yeah I agree to that failing to finnish top 4 will be seen as a failure. But as Fergie said to theire fans, your job now is to give your new manager time. Fergie needed 4 years for hes first trophy, and me to feel that a manager should be given more time than whats usual these days, look at Rodgers in Liverpool, he proved many fans wrong and is doing great there. But I think its a bit harsh from the fans to demand Moyes to be fired now, I hear so many saying he should be sacked.

Some managers with time can do it, some cant. But not even half-way into season and demand it is... cold

K33NY

Hmm whats the chances for Liverpool wanting to exhange Suarez for Berbatov? :P

Fulham_Surrey

We need a lot of help. other squads have improved a lot.  Look at Southampton, look at Swansea, look at Newcastle.  Lot of talent, and a lot of foreign domestic.  We need to start some youngsters and do some signings from abroad.  Defenders and midfielders.  Very very needed, particularly defenders.

Julius Geezer

Duff out.
Richardson out.

Callum McManaman in.
Bertrand in.

Not a fan of mid season loans but the thought of Ashley Young or Anderson would be too good to resist.

Then Bent could be sent back.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Julius Geezer on December 08, 2013, 12:43:31 AM
Duff out.
Richardson out.

Callum McManaman in.
Bertrand in.

Not a fan of mid season loans but the thought of Ashley Young or Anderson would be too good to resist.

Yes swap a striker for a midfielder, because that clearly makes sense.

Bassey the warrior

Get rid of Bent, he needs a striking partner and our midfield is too weak to deal with 2 strikers contributing nothing defensively. Get in Long who can play up front on his own. Also someone else if Berba leaves.

EJL

McManaman has been awful for Wigan so far this season. Plus he's 22, so he can no longer be excused for being a prospect. We already have one of those players -- a better, and more promising, one at that -- in Kacaniklic.

Count Berbatov

I would only add in January. If anything, a younger karagounis and another Kasami would do

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Julius Geezer

Quote from: The Moose on December 08, 2013, 02:24:18 AM
Duff out.
Richardson out.

Callum McManaman in.
Bertrand in.

Yes it does.

Ashley Young would score more goals than Bent, contribute much more to the team and suit the style of play Rene uses.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: EJL on December 08, 2013, 03:16:28 AM
McManaman has been awful for Wigan so far this season. Plus he's 22, so he can no longer be excused for being a prospect. We already have one of those players -- a better, and more promising, one at that -- in Kacaniklic.

Whereas Kaca's been in lightning form hasn't he?

Leave off, the Spurs game was his first decent performance all season.

Wigan are a poor side with no direction. McManaman has not had the right nurturing there.

Look at McCarthy. If Everton hadn't bought him, the same could be said about him.

McManaman ran the FA Cup final against Man City. He's another wide man we could do with, he's quality.

Apart from Dejagah and Kacaniklic, what other good wide men do we have?

simplyfulham

Quote from: Julius Geezer on December 08, 2013, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: EJL on December 08, 2013, 03:16:28 AM

Whereas Kaca's been in lightning form hasn't he?

Leave off, the Spurs game was his first decent performance all season.

Wigan are a poor side with no direction. McManaman has not had the right nurturing there.

Look at McCarthy. If Everton hadn't bought him, the same could be said about him.

McManaman ran the FA Cup final against Man City. He's another wide man we could do with, he's quality.

Apart from Dejagah and Kacaniklic, what other good wide men do we have?

The difference being, Kaca has also been playing well for his country. He should have been in the side a long time ago.

Thanks Callum but no thanks..

Count Berbatov

By the looks of it, Ruiz is not a first choice. It remains to be seen what happens if someone gets injured. Talent. Would like to keep him if possible

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Julius Geezer on December 08, 2013, 09:48:41 AM
Duff out.
Richardson out.

Callum McManaman in.
Bertrand in.

Yes it does.

Ashley Young would score more goals than Bent, contribute much more to the team and suit the style of play Rene uses.

That would leave us with just Rodallega as back up. Personally, I can't stand Young he's a cheat.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: The Moose on December 08, 2013, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Julius Geezer on December 08, 2013, 09:48:41 AM
Duff out.
Richardson out.

Callum McManaman in.
Bertrand in.

Yes it does.

That would leave us with just Rodallega as back up. Personally, I can't stand Young he's a cheat.
I can't even stand him and he's on my team.
Also, besides the cheating... He keeps his head down too much. Shoots when should pass, passes when should shoot.
Besides, that's the end of Kaca. You don't need him. Trust me

FTID

Berbasilk_111

I really do not see what Duff offers the team anymore, would think his time is up.