watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan Tunnicliffe

Started by E.I.Adio, February 24, 2014, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I think we've probably seen the last of Tunnicliffe and Cole. They were signed specifically on the weight of Rene's recommendation; Felix doesn't know a thing about them.

I've read that Felix has reduced the number of players who participate in first team training. I'm fairly sure that those excluded are mostly under 25, and that the two kids we signed from United are among them.

Happens all the time with an in-season managerial change.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pluto

Quote from: WayneKerrins on February 24, 2014, 11:11:50 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 24, 2014, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: Pluto on February 24, 2014, 07:39:49 PM
Much prefer him to Parker as the high work rate midfield destroyer. Disappointing.
he's played 2 games wide almost as a second RB. What makes you think he is a midfield destroyer to replace Parker?

My thoughts exactly

Well for one that's his natural position and role, and basically the job he did in the games he played except on the right rather than in the middle. But secondly, and more importantly, because he can't possibly be any worse.

premFlem

Watching our descent into the championship is such a painful comedy of errors , we really have knee jerked our way to relegation.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

tonynorton

I think he will be first team pick for next year.

TonyGilroy

Magath says he wants a smaller core group of players to concentrate on for the remaining games. Consistency of selection makes sense to me and it may be that the 18 we saw at West Brom are more or less it.

As for Tunnicliffe it may be that Magath doesn't rate him but it could also be that he's reacted badly to Rene's sacking and Magath can't be bothered to deal with him right now.

Or maybe he's definitely one for the future and he's better off playing regular Championship football and available to be recalled if necessary.

Our only chance is for Magath to get things right and I can't be bothered judging his picks and tactics. He's in charge and we'll either get the results or we won't. We'll not be appointing another manager in April.

RaySmith

Yes, this is the last throw of the dice.

We just have to trust in Magath's decision making and leadership, and keep right behind the team - like we were, magnificently, at Albion.

Holders

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 25, 2014, 07:30:04 AM

Magath says he wants a smaller core group of players to concentrate on for the remaining games. Consistency of selection makes sense to me and it may be that the 18 we saw at West Brom are more or less it.

As for Tunnicliffe it may be that Magath doesn't rate him but it could also be that he's reacted badly to Rene's sacking and Magath can't be bothered to deal with him right now.

Or maybe he's definitely one for the future and he's better off playing regular Championship football and available to be recalled if necessary.

Our only chance is for Magath to get things right and I can't be bothered judging his picks and tactics. He's in charge and we'll either get the results or we won't. We'll not be appointing another manager in April.

Yes and Magath has a contract for 18 months, is not a quitter and would not want to fail at getting us out of whatever-they-call-division-two now at the first attempt - if need be.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bronaldinho

This is what annoys me... another reason we should have kept Rene.

Magath has made such a rash decision and some papers are saying Tunnicliffe will be out in the summer!

Tunnicliffe played two games for us out of position and worked his socks off. He's Central midfielder, he's young, full of energy and will only get better. With the ageing options in midfield we should be grateful he's joined us. He should start alongside Sidwell if i'm honest, and rotate with Kvist. Not Parker sadly.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Whiteroom on February 24, 2014, 06:25:26 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on February 24, 2014, 05:42:27 PM
Very disappointing. Thought Magath had the reputation of mixing youth and experience. No evidence of the former yet.
Chill out! One game, in which Burn and Holtby played. Not the time to start banding around sweeping presumptions.

Not sure Holtby counts as one of our younger players!

One of the papers says of Tunnicliffe: 'a loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer'. Hope that's just paper talk.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Bronaldinho on February 25, 2014, 08:54:05 AM

Magath has made such a rash decision and some papers are saying Tunnicliffe will be out in the summer!

Magath has had to make a super quick decision as to which players to trust and focus on them.

Next season we may or may not be in the Premier League and Magath may or may not be manager.

FFCByTheRiver

Really? This level of overreaction to a youth player going out on loan, given that Magath has already explained that he wants a more stable central core of players?

Max Headroom

Meulensteen knows cole and tunnicliffe. Magath doesn't. Better that they get game time. Yes it's a bit of a botch and I feel sorry for the pair as they moved for meulensteen, but they are better off on loan.

FFC1987

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on February 25, 2014, 09:05:28 AM
Really? This level of overreaction to a youth player going out on loan, given that Magath has already explained that he wants a more stable central core of players?

As explained many times previously. Magath looks like hes going to make the same mistake Jol did. Over rely on the older players who aren't up to it and succumb to having a team lacking energy with any go in them after the 70 minute mark.

Call it an overreaction if you will but at least with Rene the signs of progression were there, even if our EPL status wasn't. Youth and energy were being injected into our team, something that many had wished to see for a long time. Based on a few weeks and one game's selection, I don't see how this can be disproved.

My take on events. Even if we went down(under rene), I wouldn't have been worried as we looked like we had a core of players who gave a dam and ran there nuts off with an avg age of 26-27. Now we're back to 30+ and for me, the future is a little less bright again if/when we go down.

MJG

Quote from: Pluto on February 25, 2014, 12:31:30 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on February 24, 2014, 11:11:50 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 24, 2014, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: Pluto on February 24, 2014, 07:39:49 PM
Much prefer him to Parker as the high work rate midfield destroyer. Disappointing.
he's played 2 games wide almost as a second RB. What makes you think he is a midfield destroyer to replace Parker?

My thoughts exactly

Well for one that's his natural position and role, and basically the job he did in the games he played except on the right rather than in the middle. But secondly, and more importantly, because he can't possibly be any worse.
I still dont see how you can view those two appearances as in any way the answer to our problems in CM.
I think as TG says below, there has been an issue with FM coming in. He's probably pissed off that hes been persuaded to come down to London by Rene only for the coach who has known since he was nine to be sacked after a week or two.

MJG

Ryan Tunnicliffe (21) was not in the squad for WBA.
Alexander Kačaniklić (22) was not in the squad for WBA
Larnell Cole (20) was not in the squad for WBA

Muamer Tanković (19) was in the squad for WBA
Dan Burn (21) was in the squad for WBA
Pajtim Kasami (21) was in the squad for WBA
Lewis Holtby (23) was in the squad for WBA

So it clearly shows that Magath has no plan to use young players in his match day squads.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2014, 10:28:59 AM

So it clearly shows that Magath has no plan to use young players in his match day squads.

Also dropping Burn from the starting 11 and giving starts to out of form Parker and Brede.

RaySmith

"As explained many times previously. Magath looks like hes going to make the same mistake Jol did. Over rely on the older players who aren't up to it and succumb to having a team lacking energy with any go in them after the 70 minute mark."

But I thought Magath was known for emphasising the importance of fitness.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 25, 2014, 10:32:14 AM

Also dropping Burn from the starting 11 and giving starts to out of form Parker and Brede.

who did fine.

Magath has had to make an instant choice. We've used something like 40 players this season and that's a nonsense.

We have to hope that he gets it right. Simple as - really no point in banging on about how he must choose A over B.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 25, 2014, 10:32:14 AM

I dont disagree with that and feel sorry for Burn because he had done well. But we could all see him reverting to those he know.
After Saturday hopefully he saw issue with both those players, but to be fair Hangeland did ok, Parker less so.
he will also have seen Amore is crap and Richardson is hopeless if you want a player to last 90 mins.
Its a learning process for FM, he needs to find out what most of us already know about some players. But I'm sure he know what he is doing.

What i dont really get is the Tunnicliffe love in based on a player who played 2 games as a second rb. 2 games where we were ultra defensive but still let in 5 goals.