watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Round of 16 - All Countries

Started by Moderati, June 27, 2014, 03:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

I see that Gary Medel, berk of the parish, is still acting the 'hard-man'. The guy epitomizes Chile, and is going to find he gets a few more bruises in the Fizzy league with that attitude.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

love4ffc

I feel bad for the hulk not sure that was a handball in my eyes
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

I get the feeling Webb might need a few of his larger colleagues over there with him if this carries on, just so's he can get home by plane and not in little pieces in envelopes!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: love4ffc on June 28, 2014, 06:17:15 PM
I feel bad for the hulk not sure that was a handball in my eyes

The reverse angle replay does tend to indicate it was the top of the arm rather than the shoulder, but its never really conclusive, is it?

love4ffc

Actually think Howard has done a really good job this game.

Slaphead in Qatar

Boring football. Occasion and involvement of home nation making it an exciting spectacle.

Logicalman

FT: 1-1 - another 30 minutes and then the abominable Penalty shoot out spectacle.

love4ffc

Brazil is lucky to still be in the WC

ChesterTheTabby

Brazil, in my opinion, did not deserve to win that game. My heart goes out to Chileans everywhere.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Cravenawin

Surely their name is on the trophy. Never seen a more underwhelming team go so far in a tournament. Not impressive at all. Fred plays like my Uncle Fred and he's 80 years old. Their luck summed up by the Chilean rattling the crossbar in the final minute of extra time. Gutted for Chile.

YankeeJim

Yea. Beat Manure at Old Trafford with Sir Alex on the pitch wailing at the ref. Brazil hasn't looked good at all but the same thing applies to them at the WC and does being in the 'big four" in the Prem. France is another one I don't get. Is Septic Bladder of French descent?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

bog

Really feel for Chile. If that shot right at the end had gone in that player's name would have lived for ever in his country. Compare Chile's endeavours with our pathetic shambles. 

092.gif

Fulham76

Quote from: bog on June 28, 2014, 08:14:39 PM
Really feel for Chile. If that shot right at the end had gone in that player's name would have lived for ever in his country. Compare Chile's endeavours with our pathetic shambles. 

092.gif

Technically they're better, work wise they're much better. Makes a big difference

BarryP

Quote from: maoconnor on June 28, 2014, 08:02:31 PM
Brazil, in my opinion, did not deserve to win that game. My heart goes out to Chileans everywhere.

I thought Chile were the better side for the first 90. Brazil haven't seemed to mesh together well as a team so far.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Cravenawin

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 28, 2014, 08:13:46 PM
Yea. Beat Manure at Old Trafford with Sir Alex on the pitch wailing at the ref. Brazil hasn't looked good at all but the same thing applies to them at the WC and does being in the 'big four" in the Prem. France is another one I don't get. Is Septic Bladder of French descent?

Trying to fathom out what you're trying to say. Is this a riddle?

YankeeJim

Quote from: Cravenawin on June 28, 2014, 08:29:05 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on June 28, 2014, 08:13:46 PM

Trying to fathom out what you're trying to say. Is this a riddle?

Try this one: "Rich man busy dancing, poor man pays the band"
or" "the rich get richer"
or" "Fergie time"
You can't argue that France hasn't had the easiest route to this point and should ease into the quarters.

YankeeJim

Brazil really lacks a striker. The first team that gets in front of them might just need to double up on Neymar and then hold on.

ChesterTheTabby

Brazil are very lucky to still be in the tournament. I hope to Christ they don't win it all.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RidgeRider

wow, did anyone just see the chest and volley by the Columbian kid? Very classy strike.

Logicalman

Yep, hadn't heard so much of him prior to the WCF, seems to be a little prolific, whilst at Porto averaged 2.5 goals per game it seems!