Started by jimmyc19, December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Quote from: epsomraver on December 10, 2014, 10:45:51 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on December 10, 2014, 10:40:41 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on December 10, 2014, 10:26:09 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 10, 2014, 09:16:59 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 09, 2014, 09:35:11 PM
Ruiz is the most talented player on the team.  There, I said it (again).  Just for balance, because all you Ruiz haters tend to have a monopoly on comments re: Ruiz.  But I'm not going to get into a stupid protracted back and forth about it.  He's likely leaving when his time is up, so what does it really matter?
If Talent is being slow of mind and body, weak in the tackle and a bottler, you are right !

Another factless and uniformed statement, try watching the  game!

+1 epsomraver. If you have watched FFC recently, you'd know he's been winning more headers, making more tackles, and he has a very good footballing mind. I'll give you one point, he is slow.
you say that and to a point he gives that impression but the theory is for him to hold the ball and then draw players on to him thus hopefully freeing up other Fulham players to pass to, there are so many who take their seats and as soon as he touches the ball start moaning about him, mind you that applies to a lot of other players too, but Ruiz is the favourite for the moaners followed by Parker.

I don't understand how people can slate Parker?! He is playing in a new position for him, on his own at defensive mid, and with that defence behind him. Parker is one of the key players in the team.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HatterDon on December 09, 2014, 10:59:46 PM
I hope he goes the first day of the transfer period. Yes, he's helping us and yes, he's the most talented player we have, but what is that when measured against guessing who the next Fulham Pariah will be. Fulham supporters and 13-year-old girls seemingly MUST identify somebody to hate and then scream that hate incessantly.

Our most talented is Ross. Naive and probably one of a few who think this, but McC is the boss
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

the nutflush

the nutflush

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2014, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: Chutney on December 07, 2014, 09:44:30 AM
Ruiz has been a decent buy, he has always given his best and on occasion he has been a class above. The loyalty he has demonstrated by dropping down a division and playing in a situation where many other players would of thrown their toys out and forced a move has earn him a great deal of my respect. I will be sad to see him go and I wish him all the best.

It was a good post until you said ruiz has shown loyalty. Ruiz isn't here because he wants to help Fulham back up, more like no one was willing to pay the right price for him and he was stuck here.

And I don't remember him showing much loyalty last year when all he cared about was the world cup. Ditching us for psv to be guaranteed first team football rather than help us avoid relegation doesn't warrant a loyalty sticker in my eyes.

I can't deny he has been trying but if the right club wants him in January,  he won't hesitate or think twice about where Fulham are. Award him for his efforts lately but please not his loyalty

He's been an expensive disaster for his entire spell here.  End of. 

the nutflush

I haven't been more excited about a player leaving since Senderos.

KP_FFC

i dont mind if he leaves, we could fill that role easily. We'd obviously buy a replacement but we dont have to. Ross behind Hugo and another striker would be great. Or we could play roberts there, or eisfeld if he's good enough, and not to forget chris david. 

FulhamStu

Quote from: epsomraver on December 10, 2014, 10:45:51 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on December 10, 2014, 10:40:41 AM
Ruiz is the most talented player on the team.  There, I said it (again).  Just for balance, because all you Ruiz haters tend to have a monopoly on comments re: Ruiz.  But I'm not going to get into a stupid protracted back and forth about it.  He's likely leaving when his time is up, so what does it really matter?
If Talent is being slow of mind and body, weak in the tackle and a bottler, you are right !

+1 epsomraver. If you have watched FFC recently, you'd know he's been winning more headers, making more tackles, and he has a very good footballing mind. I'll give you one point, he is slow.
you say that and to a point he gives that impression but the theory is for him to hold the ball and then draw players on to him thus hopefully freeing up other Fulham players to pass to, there are so many who take their seats and as soon as he touches the ball start moaning about him, mind you that applies to a lot of other players too, but Ruiz is the favourite for the moaners followed by Parker.

Factless ??  OK Ruiz is a poor tackler - fact.  Ruiz is slow - fact.  Ruiz has lovely hair - fact, when he first came to Fulham, I was excited by his potential as he was clearly very effective at Twente, he had a stinker during his debut (Blackburn I think) and was subbed at halftime.  During the rest of the season he scored 2 great goals, both chips over the keeper, but was generally inneffective and never lived up to his billing.  The reason is simple, he has talent but needs to game played at a much slower rate.  He was ok in the world cup because the temp was in the 80's and the game played much slower.  He was good in Holland as the game is slower.  These are all FACTS..   Now, I would agree he has been better in recent games, however he wants to leave Fulham (Fact) and will be gone on a free at the end of the season.  He is playing in a lower league than last season and is still unable to shine.  He is doing ok, nothing better.  He earnes BIG BUCKS - fact.  We can do a lot better for the money and with FFP we can't afford his wages for what he offers.  I am very sad he has not lived up to my initial expectations.   Ruiz has not been a disaster, but has massively dissapointed with the overall contribution he has made to FFC.  He looks lovely, has wonderful hair and skin but to repeat is too slow, too weak and meak to be a real effective force in this league - ESP for what he cost and earns.

I watch the games very carefully, I have played football at a high level and think I know the game.

westcliff white

ruiz earns 30 k per week so large ocmpared to us but not compared to say rodders or possiblt McC.

he isn't rapid that's for sure, but his speed of mind is quick, he knows what he wants to do with the ball for sure, however he doesn't have the time, English football is quicker than most leagues. I am not knocking him at all have championed him, of late he has been good playing in a role that suits but we do seem to be shoe horning the formation around him, however having done that we should then play football and not be what is fast becoming a route one team. If you have a play of that type you have to give them a chance to show what they can do and currently the way we play may not be conducive to that.
Every day is a Fulham day

colinwhite

I agree with most of the negative comments about Ruiz , and most of the positive ones too . He is an enigma, but so are most players who base their game on skill and touch .
One thing he is , is class and with him you have to look to what he gives the team or potentially gives the the team at any time .He is a luxury player , but does help us in our general play , gives confidence to younger players to emulate him and dare to  hold on to the ball, in tight situations , resolving problems rather than just punting the ball forward , something I have NEVER seen ruiz do, in order to take the easy way out  .
Most things we do go through him and Kit clearly sees him as a key player ,who gives us something different in a league full of players who bomb around , and in their own way are also very hit and miss.
One thing is definite , neither  roberts , David nor eifeld are suitable replacements and the people who casually think it won't be a problem if we lose him ,need to think again. None of the mentioned players are at this moment any where near Ruiz .
I think we will keep him till the summer , and if we don't we are going to have to go back to the drawing board and change a lot more than one player in this squad , as well as our system ánd tactics .
I understand and share peoples frustration with ruiz  but he is a very important player for us .

nose

I haven't been involved in a good ruiz debate for a while and it may suprise you to know I do not think him the devil incarnate. However some of the fiction about him is amaziing. For a player of his reputed ability (the most talented player at the club i think I read somewhere above) I rarely notice him do anything devastatingly breathtaking. He did score two great chipped goals.... and one wonder strike last season off the bench. Other than those isolated events, in all this time i can't remeber him really being a major influence in the game.

In possesion he does not hold the ball rather than punt it, he holds the ball because he generally takes far too long in possesion and gets caught out as a result. I recall Ross playing a number of brilliant long passes to Hugo and ruiz in the penalty area, buit not ruiz to them. He is very poor at tackling but quite good at intercepting passes butr as he gets possesion he is so painfully slow in moving andf deciding what to do with the ball it usually counts for little.

Against watford his lack of effort and shirking of challenges and unwillingness to close down opponents was scandalous.

I have never accepted that he is that taleneted, he does have some ability but he generally keeps it to himself, we effectievly play with 10 men because of his inability to keep up with play.

And ask yourself, if he was really that good and after all everyone said about him and the purpoted brilliant world cup he had, why wasn't he snapped up in the close season? Magath didn't rate him so surely he would have been one of the first out of the door,

If he was really any good for our team we wouldn';t still be having this debate.

Ross is brilliant, he contributed from day one. Hugo has no first touch but his effort is exemplary and he is scoring, LVC is a star, Ruiz is lucky to have them around him.

FulhamStu

Quote from: nose on December 17, 2014, 01:11:15 PM
I haven't been involved in a good ruiz debate for a while and it may suprise you to know I do not think him the devil incarnate. However some of the fiction about him is amaziing. For a player of his reputed ability (the most talented player at the club i think I read somewhere above) I rarely notice him do anything devastatingly breathtaking. He did score two great chipped goals.... and one wonder strike last season off the bench. Other than those isolated events, in all this time i can't remeber him really being a major influence in the game.

In possesion he does not hold the ball rather than punt it, he holds the ball because he generally takes far too long in possesion and gets caught out as a result. I recall Ross playing a number of brilliant long passes to Hugo and ruiz in the penalty area, buit not ruiz to them. He is very poor at tackling but quite good at intercepting passes butr as he gets possesion he is so painfully slow in moving andf deciding what to do with the ball it usually counts for little.

Against watford his lack of effort and shirking of challenges and unwillingness to close down opponents was scandalous.

I have never accepted that he is that taleneted, he does have some ability but he generally keeps it to himself, we effectievly play with 10 men because of his inability to keep up with play.

And ask yourself, if he was really that good and after all everyone said about him and the purpoted brilliant world cup he had, why wasn't he snapped up in the close season? Magath didn't rate him so surely he would have been one of the first out of the door,

If he was really any good for our team we wouldn';t still be having this debate.

Ross is brilliant, he contributed from day one. Hugo has no first touch but his effort is exemplary and he is scoring, LVC is a star, Ruiz is lucky to have them around him.
100% agree with all of this post, written by someone who understands football.

TonyGilroy

To be fair he was taken off after 20 minutes against Watford.

Magath didn't rate him but he didn't rate Hugo either.

He has been a disappointment no question but he doesn't shirk, stays involved, keeps his position. The results since his return have been good. Not just down to him of course but he must be a contributing factor.

snarks

Ruiz is a different player in the championship to the premiership. Any comment on his performance in the Watford match this season is effectively null and void, he played for under 20 minutes, and the whole team were shocking.

He adds to the team and makes good passes and clears space for others. Fulham would be a worse team without him in the side, in fact they were, he didn't play in the first seven games which as everyone knows resulted in 1 point.

If he leaves, I'll be sad to see him go, to many people are quick to disparage all he does or adds to the team. I accept it's a personal opinion, but that's mine. <pokes out tongue>

westcliff white

the watford comment is harsh, he wen toff early due to the sending off and the rest of the team hardly covered themselves in glory that night
Every day is a Fulham day

HatterDon

So, I've asked this before, but ... .

A couple of posts on this thread are about  how much Ruiz makes and how much Hugo makes. It seems to me that there's some sort of regulation that keeps salaries OUT of the public domain, and that Fulham never discusses either transfer costs or salaries with the press. This being the case, how does ANYONE know for certain what Ruiz gets paid or other Fulham players?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

the watford comment was absolutely valid, his lack of willingness to challenge for anything in that time was astounding and his lack of presence meant for the 20 minutes he was on we had a passenger. Kit had absolutely no heitation in replacing him...if he was that valuable he could hav etaken off somebody else.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HatterDon on December 17, 2014, 02:39:12 PM
So, I've asked this before, but ... .

A couple of posts on this thread are about  how much Ruiz makes and how much Hugo makes. It seems to me that there's some sort of regulation that keeps salaries OUT of the public domain, and that Fulham never discusses either transfer costs or salaries with the press. This being the case, how does ANYONE know for certain what Ruiz gets paid or other Fulham players?

We don't of course but Ruiz was sort after when we signed him and we got Hugo on a Bosman when he'd done pretty well at Hull.

They wouldn't have come to us unless we outbid other clubs that were interested.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: nose on December 17, 2014, 02:44:50 PM
the watford comment was absolutely valid, his lack of willingness to challenge for anything in that time was astounding and his lack of presence meant for the 20 minutes he was on we had a passenger. Kit had absolutely no heitation in replacing him...if he was that valuable he could hav etaken off somebody else.

I think that's harsh. The performance up to that point was dreadful from all concerned.

I don't know Kit's thought process any more than anyone else but it had to be a quick decision taken unexpectedly.

snarks

You see what you want to see, and indeed expect to see, but my opinion whilst it differs from yours is just that, an opinion.

Although I do think he was the logical one to take off against watford, it had little to do with his performance, the only player in that game that I wouldn't have taken off after 20 minutes was Betts. If Kit could have made 10 substitutions, he should have done it after 15 minutes of that game.

I seem to recall on here, people were rubbishing Kiraly, Fofana, Parker, Burns, Grimmer, Bod and Staff after the game, and as they all played badly it was fair comment.  Mac and Hugo got away with it as they hardly touched the ball and LVC is everyones favourite at the moment (me included).

nose

Quote from: snarks on December 17, 2014, 03:09:54 PM

You see what you want to see, and indeed expect to see, but my opinion whilst it differs from yours is just that, an opinion.

Although I do think he was the logical one to take off against watford, it had little to do with his performance, the only player in that game that I wouldn't have taken off after 20 minutes was Betts. If Kit could have made 10 substitutions, he should have done it after 15 minutes of that game.

I seem to recall on here, people were rubbishing Kiraly, Fofana, Parker, Burns, Grimmer, Bod and Staff after the game, and as they all played badly it was fair comment.  Mac and Hugo got away with it as they hardly touched the ball and LVC is everyones favourite at the moment (me included).

We can disagree I don't ever have an issue with that.
I actually don't see what i want to see, I know I have been vocal on this subject but because he is so underwhelming.
The whole team had a very poor night, personally i thought the center backs did OK but were left horribly exposed.

Where Ruiz was of particular note was that right in front of us he shirked three challenges, and took quite a lot of of abuse from people a bit behind me of a sort that i wouldn't have done. The rest tried very hard, but were awful on the day (it happens), I honestly did not feel his heart was in it at all.