more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asotosyios

Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 03, 2015, 11:54:57 AM
With regards that Stekelenburg article, yes he's been linked with them but look at the wording :

'former...Fulham keeper'
'The 32-year-old is available on a free transfer following his release from Monaco this week'

Really!?

What dreadful reporting - he's not available on a free, and he most certainly was not 'released' by Monaco as he wasn't their player.

Dear oh dear...

I thought exactly the same things, but decided to upload it as this is the "silly thread". Sometimes, you do wonder who writes these things.

Asotosyios

Fulham bid for Brighton star Lewis Dunk

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Fulham have made a bid for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk.

Fulham boss Kit Symons has made a new central defender one of his top targets this summer and has already made a bid for Wolverhampton Wanderers stopper Richard Stearman.

Symons is also an admirer of Dunk and is understood to have tabled a £2 million offer for the 23-year-old as he looks to bring him to Craven Cottage.

Derby County have also been credited with an interest, but Fulham are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by tabling a firm offer for the centre-half.

Brighton are keen to keep hold of one of their prize assets, with Dunk only signing a new four-year deal last summer.

Dunk, who has come through the ranks at Brighton, is regarded as one of the best young defenders outside the Premier League after catching the eye at the Amex Stadium.

Dunk has made more than 100 appearances for the Seagulls and was a virtual ever-present last term making 44 appearances and scoring seven goals.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/03/fulham-bid-for-brighton-star-lewis-dunk/

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 03, 2015, 12:14:51 PM
Fulham bid for Brighton star Lewis Dunk

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Fulham have made a bid for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk.

Fulham boss Kit Symons has made a new central defender one of his top targets this summer and has already made a bid for Wolverhampton Wanderers stopper Richard Stearman.

Symons is also an admirer of Dunk and is understood to have tabled a £2 million offer for the 23-year-old as he looks to bring him to Craven Cottage.

Derby County have also been credited with an interest, but Fulham are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by tabling a firm offer for the centre-half.

Brighton are keen to keep hold of one of their prize assets, with Dunk only signing a new four-year deal last summer.

Dunk, who has come through the ranks at Brighton, is regarded as one of the best young defenders outside the Premier League after catching the eye at the Amex Stadium.

Dunk has made more than 100 appearances for the Seagulls and was a virtual ever-present last term making 44 appearances and scoring seven goals.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/03/fulham-bid-for-brighton-star-lewis-dunk/

Singed a 4 year deal last summer, 2 million quid bid tabled? Dream on, you ain't going to prize an asset away from a Club with that type of bid.

PaulJ123

Just pay 4m for Dunk and get him in. Quality CB at this level and room to grow in a position we are desperate for. No brainer.

FPT

£2m for Lewis Dunk is a fair price, they sold Will Buckley for £2.5m and Liam Bridcutt for around £3.5m so we're not far off and he's only played two full seasons since making his debut at 18. Brighton don't have strong pulling power, selling or releasing many of their key players over the last few years so we'll be in a good position. The contract extension just means that time, and subsequently negotiations are on their side. Anywhere in between £2m-£3m would be an good deal for both sides really, chuck in a few add-ons to sweeten a deal and Bob's your uncle.

I am interested in how we attack centre back in this window, we currently have four centre backs and three are probably not required at this point. Nikolay Bodurov looked impressive but was so frequently at fault, his communication looks below standard and he's just not very smart. Fernando Amorebieta is much maligned, I think he's got a place, just perhaps not here now. Shaun Hutchinson is most intriguing for me, he's certainly got potential to work upon, but he's just lacking a bit of quality needed to be at the other end of the table, a good 3rd or 4th choice at best at the moment. Out of our current group, I think Dan Burn's the best pure defender, but obviously lacks the speed due to his physique. Anybody built like him isn't going to be blistering and is always going to struggle against the smaller, quicker and more tricky customers (which makes me fear a Dunk-Burn partnership).

I don't really care how much we get for Maarten Stekelenburg, it's just important we rid ourselves of his wages and his glass torso. I'd be more than happy with £500k-£1m really.

As usual, lets just see what happens.

Asotosyios

Wolves reject Fulham's Richard Stearman bid

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Wolverhampton Wanderers have rejected a bid from Championship rivals Fulham for defender Richard Stearman.

As revealed by HITC Sport earlier this week, Fulham launched a £1.5million bid for Stearman as Kit Symons looks to bolster his defensive options for next season.

However, it is understood that Wolves have dismissed the offer out of hand and hope to keep Stearman at Molineux.

Stearman has established himself as a key figure in Kenny Jackett's side in the last two seasons after returning from a loan spell at Ipswich Town in 2013 when he looked to be on his way out at Wolves.

The 27-year-old, who was named Wolves' Player of the Season, is in the final year of his contract and Wolves are expected to offer him a new deal.

If Stearman fails to sign a new contract, Wolves could decide to cash-in on him rather than risk letting him leave on a free next summer.

Fulham are continuing to monitor Stearman's situation and it remains to be seen if they will come back with an improved second bid for the former Leicester City man.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/04/wolves-reject-fulhams-stearman-bid/

The Rock

£1.5m for Stearman? Shouldn't a starting bid come at £3m for a CB/player of the year? That sounds insulting.

westcliff white

He only has a year on his contract do the value will be lower
Every day is a Fulham day

Black, White and Fred

Brighton are trying to sign highly rated 21 year old Iranian left winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh from NEC for £1.5M after he won the Dutch second divisions player of the season. Scoring 17 from 55 appearances.

At that price and age, I wonder if anyone agrees we could do with a proper left sided winger? If he is anything like Ashkan I would have him in a heartbeat.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Friendsoffulham

Exclusive: Millwall keeper David Forde holds Fulham talks

Friday, 05 June 2015

By Richard Cawley

DAVID Forde has held talks with Fulham as he prepares for a Millwall exit this summer.

The 35-year-old goalkeeper is able to leave the Lions for free after their relegation to League One.

See today's South London Press for the full story.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=36399

Wimbledon_White

Here is the City is the worst source out there. I would trust Goal.Com before them...and that is saying something.

TWFL

http://zipzp.eu/news.php?u=http://dlvr.it/B6WHyR

Fulham, meanwhile, are being linked with moves for Millwall goalkeeper David Forde and Rotherham midfielder Ben Pringle.

The South London Press say Forde, who is available on a free transfer following the Lions' relegation, has held talks with the Whites.

And the Sevenoaks Chronicle believes Fulham, Leeds, Bolton and Ipswich will be competition for Charlton in their attempts to sign Pringle.

Pie and mash

Seems odd making a move for Forde unless Bettinelli is off

fulhamben

Quote from: Pie and mash on June 05, 2015, 05:54:20 PM
? 35 year old 3 rd division keeper a replacement for betts, i dont see it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Pie and mash

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 05:58:15 PM

Also ahead of Shay Given as Ireland's starting GK

fulhamben

Quote from: Pie and mash on June 05, 2015, 06:11:08 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 05:58:15 PM

Also ahead of Shay Given as Ireland's starting GK
given is nearly 40 so thats nothing to brag about

Pie and mash

He's a goalkeeper though, same way Schwarzer was decent into his late 30's

fulhamben

Quote from: Pie and mash on June 05, 2015, 06:27:19 PM
maybe, but he will be on the decline now, and he let in a lot of goals last season and got relegated. if we were to lose betts and stek and end up with forde, i for one wont be impressed. wont be suprised but certainly not happy

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 06:46:56 PM
maybe, but he will be on the decline now, and he let in a lot of goals last season and got relegated. if we were to lose betts and stek and end up with forde, i for one wont be impressed. wont be suprised but certainly not happy

Second choice goalkeeper on a free. I don't get why people are questioning this and are up in arms about it. He might make an appearance or two if he signs.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 05, 2015, 06:52:34 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 06:46:56 PM

Second choice goalkeeper on a free. I don't get why people are questioning this and are up in arms about it. He might make an appearance or two if he signs.
you need to back a page, it was suggested he might be a replacement for betts. thats the debate