Main Menu

FST meeting with club next week

Started by MJG, May 27, 2015, 08:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:41:09 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 04, 2015, 01:37:02 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 01:20:05 PM
I'll be very interested to know how the club took the feedback from the Rigg, Symons, Mackintosh video and if they plan to continue this kind of communication with their supporters.
They have been very pleased with the response and Sarah said they will be looking at doing more of these and as 1-2-1's as well.
They did want to stress that Sarah had not gone through the questions beforehand and none of it was scripted.
they obviously dont check their twitter account if they were pleased with the response.
Of course there are negative posts,  but then no  matter what the club does some will always have a go. Having seen the reaction I'd say a very large majority were pleased with it.
People claim lack of communication and moan.
They do a three person interview covering a lot of subjects they moan.
It's just the way it is.

Roberty

What's a twitter account ?

Am I living in the past?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ToodlesMcToot

I'll be very interested to know how the club took the feedback from the Rigg, Symons, Mackintosh video and if they plan to continue this kind of communication with their supporters.
They have been very pleased with the response and Sarah said they will be looking at doing more of these and as 1-2-1's as well.
They did want to stress that Sarah had not gone through the questions beforehand and none of it was scripted.

Very pleased to know they plan to continue with it. I have long believed that they can create an even stronger relationship with supporters....and perhaps gain new supporters from fair weather fans and tourists....by presenting the club in this way.

I think that it's good that they went unscripted with the interviews. It makes for a more honest presentation. I thought it was fairly obvious though. There was a sense of spontaneity about their responses and I don't believe any of the three are good enough actors to pull that off.  :dft011:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Riversider

At the end of the day the video was "responsive" to a growing amount of criticism from the fans, the time for back slapping from the club is when they post something like that in a "pro-active" way,
Every question asked, had been previously raised either on here, TIFF or Twitter,
Call me a cynical git, but do people really think that the panel didnt know what Brookes was going to ask them ? Of course they did.

Apprentice to the Maestro

People have their pretty set views and from posts they remain pretty much the same pre and post the video.

Some won't be happy unless they are told who our targets are as soon as Rigg and Kit have identified them and certainly before Mackintosh is told. Some won't believe the Riverstand Stand will be built until they have sat in one of the seats. Some simply won't be happy whatever.

For myself I heard exactly what I expected from all the other signs from and comments by the club and that most of the fears and speculation on here are just nonsense.

Burt

Quote from: MJG on June 04, 2015, 01:47:43 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:41:09 PM
they obviously dont check their twitter account if they were pleased with the response.
Of course there are negative posts,  but then no  matter what the club does some will always have a go. Having seen the reaction I'd say a very large majority were pleased with it.
People claim lack of communication and moan.
They do a three person interview covering a lot of subjects they moan.
It's just the way it is.

Exactly.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I prefer for the club to do this sort of thing and be more transparent about what is going on than not to even bother with any engagement with its supporters. They don't have to do this, so from that perspective, fair play to them.

And as for relying on Twitter as a source of deciding whether something is good or not, I would suggest that this is not a particularly reliable way of getting feedback. The majority of people will be OK with something and not bother commenting. It's the minority at the other ends who are more likely to comment.

mikestrand

Quote from: Riversider on June 04, 2015, 04:47:50 PM
At the end of the day the video was "responsive" to a growing amount of criticism from the fans, the time for back slapping from the club is when they post something like that in a "pro-active" way,
Every question asked, had been previously raised either on here, TIFF or Twitter,
Call me a cynical git, but do people really think that the panel didnt know what Brookes was going to ask them ? Of course they did.
Be cynical be very cynical, welcome to the Championship. no more Premiership sky money ignore the fans, in this league bums on seats count, and anyone thinking the interview was anything more than a feelgood marketing exercise specifically to sell more season tickets is sadly mistaken.

While the riverside stand news is welcome, it will probably be used to accommodate even more away fans, which along with a full putney end makes us lose any home advantage we have.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mikestrand on June 04, 2015, 06:25:39 PM
Be cynical be very cynical, welcome to the Championship. no more Premiership sky money ignore the fans, in this league bums on seats count, and anyone thinking the interview was anything more than a feelgood marketing exercise specifically to sell more season tickets is sadly mistaken.

While the riverside stand news is welcome, it will probably be used to accommodate even more away fans, which along with a full putney end makes us lose any home advantage we have.

If low cost efforts like that video sell more season tickets and puts more bums in the seats, then what exactly is your, or anyone's, problem with that? That money is desperately needed under the FFP rules. Some, here and elsewhere, seem to prefer that the club give them reason the whine, moan, and complain rather than the alternative.

mikestrand

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 06:43:59 PM

If low cost efforts like that video sell more season tickets and puts more bums in the seats, then what exactly is your, or anyone's, problem with that? That money is desperately needed under the FFP rules. Some, here and elsewhere, seem to prefer that the club give them reason the whine, moan, and complain rather than the alternative.
Their being more open because they have to rather than want to,
which is fair enough, I'm sure Ally and Rigg aren't low cost though.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mikestrand on June 04, 2015, 06:59:12 PM

Very few who are worthy of their position will be low cost.

I wasn't speaking about the individuals or what they are paid. I was speaking about the production of the video as an outreach to supporters, answering many of the questions that so many have asked for years without so much as a word on those topics from the club. Of course, what they've given us is what I'd call middle of the road type information. It's what we'd expect the answers to be given the supposed mandate from Khan to get the club promoted. That to me isn't the important thing. It's the "hearing it from the horses mouth" and seeing it being said by those who are in a place to make these things happen that carry weight and get most of us feeling a bit better about our club and the direction it's leaders are taking it. To me, it means far more coming from a video like this than it ever would coming from a quote on some website, if that makes sense.

The club are putting a much better foot forward than they ever have in my short life with them. And, if they are being made to be more open as you believe, I do not care. They are at least doing it which is much better than being secretive. Wouldn't you rather know, regardless of their motivation?

mikestrand

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 07:11:33 PM

I wasn't speaking about the individuals or what they are paid. I was speaking about the production of the video as an outreach to supporters, answering many of the questions that so many have asked for years without so much as a word on those topics from the club. Of course, what they've given us is what I'd call middle of the road type information. It's what we'd expect the answers to be given the supposed mandate from Khan to get the club promoted. That to me isn't the important thing. It's the "hearing it from the horses mouth" and seeing it being said by those who are in a place to make these things happen that carry weight and get most of us feeling a bit better about our club and the direction it's leaders are taking it. To me, it means far more coming from a video like this than it ever would coming from a quote on some website, if that makes sense.

The club are putting a much better foot forward than they ever have in my short life with them. And, if they are being made to be more open as you believe, I do not care. They are at least doing it which is much better than being secretive. Wouldn't you rather know, regardless of their motivation?
The jury's out on all three of them as to whether their worthy or not, if everything was hunky dory there wouldn't be any need for this new found openness.
Actions as always will speak louder than words and I like many others eagerly await some movement on the transfer front.

Peabody

When you say 'the juries out', I hope you mean with the cynics amongst us and you are not assuming that you speak for everyone?

mikestrand

Quote from: Peabody on June 04, 2015, 08:23:52 PM
When you say 'the juries out', I hope you mean with the cynics amongst us and you are not assuming that you speak for everyone?

The happy and content ones can be excused Jury service. :005:

Peabody

Quote from: mikestrand on June 04, 2015, 08:43:18 PM

Rather live I my world than yours. Snigger, snigger

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mikestrand on June 04, 2015, 08:06:49 PM

The jury's out on all three of them as to whether their worthy or not, if everything was hunky dory there wouldn't be any need for this new found openness.
Actions as always will speak louder than words and I like many others eagerly await some movement on the transfer front.

Khan has deemed them worthy. He pays the bills. End of.

There has always been a need for "this new found openness". It took our current situation for those at the club to see that light.

As you say, actions speak louder than words. The club's actions off of the field speak to their intent toward returning to the PL, IMHO. I choose not to ignore these. However, I do await actions that speak to that same intent on the field.

St. Andrews White

Out of curiosity, when will a report of the meeting be published on FST?
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

mikestrand

Quote from: Peabody on June 04, 2015, 09:37:18 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on June 04, 2015, 08:43:18 PM

Rather live I my world than yours. Snigger, snigger
:plus one:

mikestrand

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 04, 2015, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on June 04, 2015, 08:06:49 PM

Khan has deemed them worthy. He pays the bills. End of.

There has always been a need for "this new found openness". It took our current situation for those at the club to see that light.

As you say, actions speak louder than words. The club's actions off of the field speak to their intent toward returning to the PL, IMHO. I choose not to ignore these. However, I do await actions that speak to that same intent on the field.
At the risk of sounding disagreeable its not totally correct to say  "He pays the bills. End of" season ticket holders' members, and anyone buying Fulham merchandise are also contributing to paying the bills.
At this present time I'm not sharing your optimism, but hopefully will in the not to distant future.

fulhamcookie

Conway on the wing

Women,s clothing, no no no not that i wear them, :doh:my wife always has to buy large boy,s or men,s clothing because the women,s range is so poor
please help a poor long suffering husband :012: