more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Quote from: os5889 mkII on November 12, 2015, 11:47:34 AM
Would certainly be happy if Jokanovic got the job. He was very impressive at Watford.
Out of the Candidates so far, the best appear to be Jokanovic, Gourvennec and Montella
C O Y W

Holders

Quote from: nose on November 12, 2015, 10:37:36 AM
One thought that keeps recurring.
It is easy to spot the wrong candidate... or wrong man when appointed such as  branfoot jol and magath..branfoot and jol in particular were wrong appointments, I said so at the time, and they more than exceeded my expectations of being hopeless.
What is harder is to spot the right man prior to engaging them. unlike other businesses, successis measured by promotion or at least being in contention. If in the prem, staying there and being competitive for most teams other than the elite few.

I do not know this frenchman as such but was aware of the small french team that have risen. could he do the same here? who knows. Is h worth a look and a discussion, absolutely.  Tigs was off our radar until he turned up. macdonald was an unknown and to this day that football was the best i have seen at football with the same squad that was previously failing.

This one and JFH must surely be on the list of people to consider if they are available and willing.

Spot on. I'd never heard of this Frenchman till yesterday but he looks interesting as does the Serbian Jankovic(sp?) - but then he does have a record in the UK. I'd rather be open minded than go for one of those readily-available with "championship experience". We need someone who will take us on - like Tigana.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Asotosyios

A bit sceptical about this. He signed a one-year extension last year, while he had been linked with Newcastle.
Why would he leave a League 1 club in the middle of the season for a gamble at Fulham, when he can wait until the summer or perhaps look for a Premier League club? Money talks I know...

Airfix

Quote from: Holders on November 12, 2015, 11:50:50 AM
It is easy to spot the wrong candidate... or wrong man when appointed such as  branfoot jol and magath..branfoot and jol in particular were wrong appointments, I said so at the time, and they more than exceeded my expectations of being hopeless.
What is harder is to spot the right man prior to engaging them. unlike other businesses, successis measured by promotion or at least being in contention. If in the prem, staying there and being competitive for most teams other than the elite few.

I do not know this frenchman as such but was aware of the small french team that have risen. could he do the same here? who knows. Is h worth a look and a discussion, absolutely.  Tigs was off our radar until he turned up. macdonald was an unknown and to this day that football was the best i have seen at football with the same squad that was previously failing.

This one and JFH must surely be on the list of people to consider if they are available and willing.

Spot on. I'd never heard of this Frenchman till yesterday but he looks interesting as does the Serbian Jankovic(sp?) - but then he does have a record in the UK. I'd rather be open minded than go for one of those readily-available with "championship experience". We need someone who will take us on - like Tigana.

I hope you meant Jokanovic.  Jankovic has championship experience but it's in tennis, not football!

Holders

Quote from: Airfix on November 12, 2015, 12:11:54 PM

I hope you meant Jokanovic.  Jankovic has championship experience but it's in tennis, not football!

Freudian slip!!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Airfix

Quote from: Holders on November 12, 2015, 12:18:22 PM
Quote from: Airfix on November 12, 2015, 12:11:54 PM

Freudian slip!!

It's possible that she wears one, yes.

EJL

Seen nothing linking us to Gourvennec. Didn't he win France's equivalent of the FA Cup last year?

westcliff white

Latest from Sky Sports

13:49
FULHAM MANAGER LATEST

Sky Sports News HQ understands that the shortlist for the next Fulham head coach's job has five names on it and reads as follows:

Paul Lambert, Nigel Pearson, the former Watford manager, Slavisa Jokanovic, Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett and Mark Warburton, presently manager at Rangers.

It's our understanding Fulham are looking for a head coach with proven track record in the Championship.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Not sure Warburton is a head coach type guy personally
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

Don't really know him but I do remember Newcastle making a play for him when John Carver got the bullet. It is to his credit that he didn't take that one any further  :dft011:

Pev

No mention of JFH ?? He is the bookies favorite by quite a bit
@Fulham_Boy

Burt

Doubt Warburton would walk out on Rangers so soon after joining, and particularly given they are walking away with the 2nd division at the moment.

alexmur

anyone getting any information from inside the club as to who and when about our new 'head coach'? sky is just speculation and the bookies don't seem to have a clue.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: westcliff white on November 12, 2015, 01:54:05 PM
Latest from Sky Sports

FULHAM MANAGER LATEST

Sky Sports News HQ understands that the shortlist for the next Fulham head coach's job has five names on it and reads as follows:

Paul Lambert, Nigel Pearson, the former Watford manager, Slavisa Jokanovic, Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett and Mark Warburton, presently manager at Rangers.

It's our understanding Fulham are looking for a head coach with proven track record in the Championship.

Another 'understands' report.

Would be disappointed if it is Pearson. Not sure if it is realistic to lure Warburton away from Rangers or even Rowett from Birmingham although they have financial problems. Lambert a safe pair of hands. Jokanovic is the most exciting.along with Warburton.

Playing safe for the short term goal of getting in the top six rather than going for a manager for the medium to long term?

Chutney

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 12, 2015, 03:10:15 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 12, 2015, 01:54:05 PM
Latest from Sky Sports

FULHAM MANAGER LATEST

Another 'understands' report.

Would be disappointed if it is Pearson. Not sure if it is realistic to lure Warburton away from Rangers or even Rowett from Birmingham although they have financial problems. Lambert a safe pair of hands. Jokanovic is the most exciting.along with Warburton.

Playing safe for the short term goal of getting in the top six rather than going for a manager for the medium to long term?

We are a much more appealing club than birmingham, better fans, better players, better location.
C O Y W

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: @jolslover on November 11, 2015, 10:35:49 PM
Would like Jokanovic, Would be happy with him. 5 man shortlist goes something like

Garcia, Jokanovic, Moyes (Unrealistic), Di Matteo, Laudrup

Maybe it's my dyslexia but, every time someone mentions a 5 man short list, I think something like Tom Cruise, Herve Villechaize, Danny DeVito, Woody Allen, Danile Radcliff - none of which would be much use to Fulham. Of course Radcliff could probably wave a stick or something at our goal and keep at least some shots from going into it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MickyAdamsFamily

No direct link to Fulham, just speculation. A French football website's rumour page reported that Gourvennec was seen at Heathrow, and wondered if he might be interviewing for an English managerial post. He could have been using the international break to check out a prospective player or could have been changing planes on his way to wherever, or...?
Still, I would love it if we were in for him. He's not one of the usual suspects, and he's done amazingly well for a prolonged period, without a lot of money & playing good football. And yes, Guingamp did win the Coupe de France (French equivalent of the FA Cup) under him, then made it through the group stages of the Europa League, while finishing comfortably mid-table in the top tier of French football. Not bad for a village of 7,000 people. For comparison, Bournemouth has a population of 180,000.
Yes, please.
Oh, and as a bonus, Gourvennec might possibly help convince our young French striker to commit his future to Fulham.

bog

Is he a French Eddie Howe? Would do for me.

092.gif

VicHalomsLovechild

I allegedly saw Susan George in London yesterday. She has to be a rank outsider though, she knows nothing about football.

Anybody else allegedly seen anyone in London lately?

FulhamStu

If Riggs comments are listened too and the type of players he recruited in the summer suggest:

The Coach will have worked in the Championship.
The Coach will have a record of success.
Likely to be British but then again ?

This cuts out quite a few of the people we are being linked with.

I can't see Rigg and Pearson working.

I would have thought he had targerts identified before Kit was sacked and I would hope made some initial enquiries.

I have no idea who is a front runner and I don't think Sky or anyone else has a clue either.