Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

If the Newcastle players won´t put in the passion for McClaren do you think that our motley lot will.?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 22, 2015, 04:35:28 PM

One would also expect that we'd have to pay Pearson over the odds just because his assistants would be on such high wages.
Are you acquainted with ToodlesMcMoot?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Neil D on November 22, 2015, 05:07:55 PM

One would also expect that we'd have to pay Pearson over the odds just because his assistants would be on such high wages.

Shhhh.....my alter-ego. Please don't out me.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Carborundum

The town I grew up in had, on its high street, a place called Moot Hall.  Never went in and wasn't particularly curious as to what went on there.

It seems I may have been missing out.

Loz

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 22, 2015, 01:07:05 AM
Quote from: Loz on November 22, 2015, 12:57:27 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 21, 2015, 08:17:14 PM
I would have thought all of their contracts plus the compo to the foxes would be in excess of thr 1.25 million personally.

Just pay the compo, I say. We know Khan's good for it, and those guys got Leicester to the top of the Prem, they must be doing something right! Could prove value for money.

Not as simple as that. Both the coaches in question are on a performance related salary. As it stands, they both stand to double their wages, so why would they want to leave? Based on that, not only would you have to pay Leicester compensation, you'd also have to match both their wagers, or even even bet it. Wages like that in the Championship would just be ridiculous.

Even if it comes out of the January transfer kitty, so be it. The team need proper management and quality coaches more than they need a few more players. Our transfer business over the summer was great, but by most people's estimations we pretty much balanced the books with the players we sold on. (No bad thing, of course)

The Leicester players are showing commitment, drive and sterling organisation week-in, week-out this season. If that's adding to the value of their coaches then that's only reasonable. Time for some proper investment from Mr Kahn, me thinks. Go and get those Leicester coaches! 

@LawrenceQuilty

Apprentice to the Maestro

Why does anyone think, apart from whether it is a good idea or not to get Pearson, that we could get his coaches from Leicester?

They may have some loyalty to Pearson but might they not by now have some loyalty to the players and the club and some respect for Rainieri?

And why would they leave a club which may well be in Europe next season, possibly even in the Champions League, for one that will most likely still be in the Championship and quite possibly to be in the Championship for a season or two after that?

Overall, wouldn't it be wiser to look elsewhere?

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 22, 2015, 10:14:49 PM
Why does anyone think, apart from whether it is a good idea or not to get Pearson, that we could get his coaches from Leicester?

They may have some loyalty to Pearson but might they not by now have some loyalty to the players and the club and some respect for Rainieri?

And why would they leave a club which may well be in Europe next season, possibly even in the Champions League, for one that will most likely still be in the Championship and quite possibly to be in the Championship for a season or two after that?

Wholeheartedly agree.
Nogood "time to move on, isit" Boyo

Loz

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 22, 2015, 11:55:42 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on November 22, 2015, 10:14:49 PM

Wholeheartedly agree.
Nogood "time to move on, isit" Boyo

I begrudgingly agree with you too. But if we make a really good financial offer to the coaches and they turn it down on the basis that Leicester are going places, fair enough. At least then we can go back to Pearson and say "look mate, they're not going to leave Leicester so if you're going to insist on having them you're going to run into this problem wherever you go. Wouldn't you consider working for us alongside someone else?" The reports don't seem to suggest this is what happened though, they just make it seem like we weren't prepared to stump up the cash.

I'm just desperately trying to cling on the possibility of Pearson because I am so uninspired by any of the other candidates.  
@LawrenceQuilty

Neil D

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 23, 2015, 02:46:18 AM
Mooting, as defined in the Oxford, Colin's English Dictionary is  "Subject to debate, arguable or unsettled".
True but not as much fun as the FoF definition.  Ask Cherie Lunghi.

Burt

Q. Why would the coaches of Leicester City want to trade top of the table Premier League and a possible European position by the end of the season for a mid-table Championship club?

A. They wouldn't.

Time to move on.

Slaphead in Qatar

its a bit of a warning sign that pearson (if true) is insisting on his back room leicester staff coming with him. not as effective without them?

Asotosyios

Not sure it means anything (probably not), but Gary Rowett is second favourite at 4/1 at Skybet.

J

I said this in another thread - At this moment in time the assistants wouldn't leave, but Pearson might not be in a rush?! Assuming Leicester drop back down the table to finish somewhere relatively middle, and he gets a premier league job for someone else then their budget will be much more able to swallow the costs of getting them.

This obviously would not be helpful for us but could well be in Pearson's thinking.

Chutney

C O Y W

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 23, 2015, 01:57:42 PM

If we have to pay Pearson over the odds, then so be it. We need a proper Manager in place ASAP, and whether you like it or not, he fits the profile, we need a decent coaching team, if his former coaching team at Leicester are willing to come to Fulham for a certain fee, then pay them, we need them more than they need us. If they get us promoted, that will pay us back many times over.
Whilst we are in limbo, there is no guarantee that the players will give full commitment, going by the performance v MK Dons.
The club has to come into the real world, as The Chairman has to visit the Planet Earth regarding football.
Having said that, I am pleased the way Khan put his foot down with regards to Clarkes extra demands, he sorted that out for the moment.
I didn't want Clarke anyway, he isn't the answer.
I am still optimistic that with the right man in charge, we have an outside chance of the play offs, but that will erode rapidly with every point lost.
After the disappointing issues with Managers over the last few years, it's imperative the club gets it right this time round.  

I don't have a problem paying a premium for the right manager but, there are quite a few questions about Pearson's character. That along with the continued success of LC in the PL without Pearson makes one wonder if the club's recent success is more down to his assistants than it is Pearson. IOW, I'm not convinced that he's the right man for the job and apparently, neither is Fulham. No reason to overpay if that is the case.

That said, it's time for some of the blame for lost point fall on the heads of our players. They know that the club are hurting, that we are manager-less, and that the stated goal has always been a playoff place. Time for them to step in and be held to account for crap performances (over 90 minutes or 45 or 5). They are professionals and should have the mental fortitude to pick up their game and collectively put in the effort needed.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 23, 2015, 01:57:42 PM

If we have to pay Pearson over the odds, then so be it. We need a proper Manager in place ASAP, and whether you like it or not, he fits the profile, we need a decent coaching team, if his former coaching team at Leicester are willing to come to Fulham for a certain fee, then pay them, we need them more than they need us. If they get us promoted, that will pay us back many times over.
Whilst we are in limbo, there is no guarantee that the players will give full commitment, going by the performance v MK Dons.
The club has to come into the real world, as The Chairman has to visit the Planet Earth regarding football.
Having said that, I am pleased the way Khan put his foot down with regards to Clarkes extra demands, he sorted that out for the moment.
I didn't want Clarke anyway, he isn't the answer.
I am still optimistic that with the right man in charge, we have an outside chance of the play offs, but that will erode rapidly with every point lost.
After the disappointing issues with Managers over the last few years, it's imperative the club gets it right this time round. 

Magath fitted the profile, lots of experience of avoiding relegation, but he was the wrong person for Fulham.

Ordar

WM I quite agree. The players need a massive kick up the bum. They are underperforming, and the fact that we only turn up for 1 half a game they must take some of the blame. Maybe they've not been pushed enough in training, but a few of them seem to be carrying some weight, and there seems a lack of motivation within the squad.

snarks

My own view, for what it's worth, and given that the search is likely to be more protracted than originally envisiged is that it's given to curbs until the Club get who they want. I do think beyond a week you cannot carry on with no-one in interim charge.

There has to be someone, the players need one person to look to, the fans need someone to abuse.

Rhys Lightning 63

This whole Fulham manager/head coach debacle is doing my head in. I'm going to support a properly run club, QPR for instance
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense