News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry but Jakonovic has made zero impact ....

Started by howitis, April 23, 2016, 05:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:38:47 PM
Quote from: The Moose on April 23, 2016, 05:35:52 PM
I didn't make it today, so don't know how we played. I like him though. He at least deserves the chance to bring in the players he wants during the transfer window.

Why do you like him? I know many are really supportive of him. Other than the idea he can bring in his own players. Why do you like him and trust him? Genuine question and not meant as anything else. Other than he wears nice clothes I see nothing to be enthusiastic about.
The style of football has been good at times, certainly better than recent managers.
His use of subs is better than the last few managers as he's quite proactive.
I feel like he has a plan even if we aren't getting great results.
I trust him more than Kit or Felix.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:45:41 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on April 23, 2016, 05:40:17 PM
I didn't make it today, so don't know how we played. I like him though. He at least deserves the chance to bring in the players he wants during the transfer window.

Why do you like him? I know many are really supportive of him. Other than the idea he can bring in his own players. Why do you like him and trust him? Genuine question and not meant as anything else. Other than he wears nice clothes I see nothing to be enthusiastic about.

He took Watford up. He's proactive instead of reactive. They players don't like him because he is not Symons.

Why don't the players like him because he is not Symons? Doesn't make sense. He took Watford up but that means nothing this season. He is proactive? How? He makes subs when we are losing after the team he picks fails. I agree we don't need him to be sacked. But your only argument is it is all the players fault. I wish his supporters had better arguments as to why he is good enough.
players probably don't like him because he makes them do things like practice defending in training.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on April 23, 2016, 05:43:02 PM

Hes not kit for one. I'm delighted we stayed up this season. After Ali mac and Rigg decided to keep kit on in the summer I thought we were certain for relegation. And add to that, that we weakend our squad again in the summer then it's a miracle that joka even has a chance to try and improve us in the summers

You see you are another one who blames other managers but have not said anything positive about SJ. I really wanted to know why he is well supported. But really it is just because we can't afford anymore changes and you didn't like Symons. As for not improving. I thought we sacked Symons for being dull and not being near the play offs. Nobody expected SJ to take us down to the verge of relegation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on April 23, 2016, 05:49:33 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:45:41 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on April 23, 2016, 05:40:17 PM

He took Watford up. He's proactive instead of reactive. They players don't like him because he is not Symons.

Why don't the players like him because he is not Symons? Doesn't make sense. He took Watford up but that means nothing this season. He is proactive? How? He makes subs when we are losing after the team he picks fails. I agree we don't need him to be sacked. But your only argument is it is all the players fault. I wish his supporters had better arguments as to why he is good enough.
players probably don't like him because he makes them do things like practice defending in training.

Bet the don't, as the defending is worse now than before.

Wearethewhites

Madness that everyone is turning against Jokanovic now, absolute madness. The guy, if backed correctly in the summer, will have us competing at the right end of the Championship, and I have no doubts about that what so ever.

His ability, albeit in the 3-4 months that he's been here, has been overshadowed by how much of an appalling state this Club has been in, and how many of those players have been allowed to rule with their attitudes.

If anything, I'm actually amazed as to how he's got us to safety with the bunch of mercenaries that he's had to work with.   

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:49:53 PM

Hes not kit for one. I'm delighted we stayed up this season. After Ali mac and Rigg decided to keep kit on in the summer I thought we were certain for relegation. And add to that, that we weakend our squad again in the summer then it's a miracle that joka even has a chance to try and improve us in the summers

You see you are another one who blames other managers but have not said anything positive about SJ. I really wanted to know why he is well supported. But really it is just because we can't afford anymore changes and you didn't like Symons. As for not improving. I thought we sacked Symons for being dull and not being near the play offs. Nobody expected SJ to take us down to the verge of relegation.
aren't we safe 8 points clear with two games to go? Hardly the verge of relegation.

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Moose on April 23, 2016, 05:47:04 PM

The style of football has been good at times, certainly better than recent managers.
His use of subs is better than the last few managers as he's quite proactive.
I feel like he has a plan even if we aren't getting great results.
I trust him more than Kit or Felix.

At last, thanks for that.

Fulham1959

If the playing squad is the major problem, and is so bad, how come Kit got the team to mid-table yet currently we are 4th from bottom ?

H4usuallysitting

I'm not convinced by Joka (not sure he was first choice when the club appointed him), but I feel he needs a transfer window and a pre-season, next season we should be aiming for a top ten finish, I can't see us making the play off's..... My concern is at board level Mr Mackintosh & Mr Rigg are two that appear to be having some sort of power struggle.....

howitis

I don't believe some of what I'm reading. I guess this is the same fans who backed Jol, mulunsteen, Magath and symons until it became impossible to do so.
I have across the last 2 seasons read plenty of posts from fans claiming that we had a wood squad and were underperforming. I remember being told that once Kit started the 15/16 season with some new players we would be challenging for promotion.
The facts are:-
1. It's been an awful season
2. Other then Cairney and madl the signings have been a disaster
3 sacking kit came too late, should have been last summer
4. Appointment of new defensive coach from shef wed was laughable
5. Performances and results under SJ have been
6. How has Warnock galvanised that squad at Rotherham to deliver that set of results ?

One of the previous posts sites the internal problems at the club and I would agree with the statement "rotten from top to bottom".

Moreover a contact whose company was contracted to do the ground development have pulled out, believing that there is not momentum or intention to start work on the ground.

Oakeshott

I can't understand how anyone can't see that J is a cut above the last few managers we have had, because he clearly has a sense of how he wants the side to play, and the ability to modify that to match the abilities of the players at his disposal and the situation we have been in.

It is surely common ground that we have played the entire season with a wholly inadequate back four and, at best, an adequate keeper. With that as a handicap, everything else becomes very difficult. Responsibility for that lies squarely with Rigg and Kit. J has tried all combinations but basically the defensive personnel at his disposal have not proved good enough. Addressing that huge problem will be a top priority for the summer.

With an adequate to decent back four, and the mid field players and forwards we have, we'll be a much better side next season, and we'll see the team playing much as Watford did last year. Thus far J has had to compromise on that and grind out results, because no side can afford to be as attacking as he would wish us to be with a defence which consistently gives away two or three goals a game.

In addition to sorting out a new defensive line up, J has to address two other problems: replacing Dembele if he goes (hopefully just to Chelsea and loaned back), and Parker who, even if he stays, clearly can't play 90 minutes every game. Provided he gets the necessary financial backing, by this time next year I am absolutely confident we will be in a wholly different situation, making the play offs at least.

Bill2

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:19:56 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2016, 05:15:07 PM
Sorry but he's had 3 months and no transfer window. What did you expect? We'll finish this season where we ended last season which is all that was ever going to happen. The last thing we need is another bloody manager sacking and more disarray. Stupid post I'm afraid
The mix of players is not his fault, previous managers brought the players in and he has to make do with them. Hopefully he will get rid of a number of them and bring in more players who can play in their natural position rather than have them play out of position.

I can question the coaching, their third goal was a disgrace. all the defenders stopped following the opposition

Not a stupid post at all. You keep imagining that managers can only make players worse. Other managers have managed to come into clubs and improve the teams. Instead we have a manager who has put players out of position and done worse than we were last year. Legitimate concern seems very fair to me.

Denver Fulham

Newsflash: Our roster stinks and Joka cannot play the style of football he wants without having a window?

I'm not sure it's fair to judge him on the mess he inherited. He seemed perfectly capable at Watford in this division. Just because he can't "get enough results" with a poor roster doesn't mean he can't be quite good with a better one and some time.

One James stannard

Quote from: westcliff white on April 23, 2016, 05:33:00 PM
change manager and we will be on our what 8th in 4 seasons? any decent manager would not want the job based on that alone. we need to give him time to get his own players in and see what he comes up with

:54:

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2016, 06:11:39 PM

Matt Smith scored, the only one who did, I am keeping my powder dry over the Current Manager, once the season is over, that will signal that his honeymoon is also over.
So far he is not the second coming of Jesus.
What gets me is, that Neil Warnock is on an unbeaten run of 11 matches, and basically has worked a minor miracle, with a smaller and arguably a less talented squad, and have spent a fraction of what Fulham have, and the Rotherham supporters are eternally grateful.
Yet if he had been appointed Fulham manager and currently had the same record as Jok.
The same people who are making excuses for Jok, would no doubt be condemning Neil Warnock as useless, double standards, and that also applies to Kit, if he had been kept on, the same record would be used as a club to beat him over the head with, and rightly so.
So Jok better know what he is doing, cause a lot of people do not think he knows what he is doing. So when the season finishes, it's all his responsibility, nobody else to blame but him.
Let's hope he rises to the occasion. I am not sure the players buy into his management phylosophy, and they are not all mediocre players, so can he get the best out of those players that will be retained, and if he cannot, who can.
Cause he has about 12 weeks, and a transfer window, so time is not on his side.
good for Matt. Gets a goal every 20 games.

Nero

The one thing about Joka I like is that I dont think hes ever said " the stats show we were the better team and unlucky"

Max Headroom

I like jokanovic. We are safe. We have had a bad season and our defence is rubbish. Next season is a new chapter. Give jokanovic till the end of October before you judge him. I think he will come good.

St Eve

I, also, am on the fence with SJ but time will tell. My first choice was Pearson but that's history. SJ needs to build his own squad that plays with his style.its a mammoth task since the powers that be have destroyed the club over the past few seasons. Assuming the loan players return and the obvious ones leave and that includes McCormack and a couple retire we don't really have a lot. Maybe Carney, Cauley and Fredericks. So we only need a couple of dozen players.

RaySmith

Hmm- difficult one I think.

Do we want yet another new manager? but then do we want to go into a new  season with a manger whose performance has been unconvincing?

His  fans say -'give him a chance with  his own team', while  detractors say -' he' not done as well as Kit with the same players.'

He could come good, and hopefully he will.

FPT

Slavisa Jokanovic was a 90th minute goal conceded away from winning the Championship title at Watford.

The problem is in the players - we have no wingers, we have no full backs. Our two central midfielders that started today may not be here next season. We played with fear, we were out worked, we played within the width of the penalty box and nobody wanted to take on responsibility.

Jokanovic just took us on a run of three straight wins and then one loss in six - better form over the six previous matches than Burnley.

Our squad is unbalanced and until it's changed we will see no real progress - no matter who is in charge. You mention Neil Warnock - and sure, we could get results; we could go two banks of four and just lump it to Smith, but who's crossing the ball? Who's running for 90 minutes? Rotherham are on great form, but their squad suits Warnock's ugly style. We did go that way (successfully) to scrape safety and played Tunnicliffe as a wide man and Stearman and Ream as full backs; but that's covering cracks.

Stuart Gray is a good defensive coach - his record speaks for him. Slavisa Jokanovic is a good coach - his record speaks for him. Fulham are not a good team - the record speaks for them.