News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry but Jakonovic has made zero impact ....

Started by howitis, April 23, 2016, 05:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

You can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear or on our case 11 pigs ears.

Lighthouse

The original post said that Joka had made zero impact. Then we had a few hysterical arguments. But the fact is that he hasn't made any impact. The argument that we are playing better but losing is fair enough. I don't agree but fair enough. Then we have those who say the players are rubbish and we must wait until Joka brings his own players. As already stated this makes no sense as the man who was sacked was doing better with these players than Joka did and he was sacked for not being good enough.

So Joka has done nothing but we should probably give him a Summer. But as I predicted when he was appointed. I have a feeling that if we end up in the same position when we had the last change. We must stop the manager merry go round. But we really have seen nothing to suggest it will end.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andyb

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 07:02:31 PM
The original post said that Joka had made zero impact. Then we had a few hysterical arguments. But the fact is that he hasn't made any impact. The argument that we are playing better but losing is fair enough. I don't agree but fair enough. Then we have those who say the players are rubbish and we must wait until Joka brings his own players. As already stated this makes no sense as the man who was sacked was doing better with these players than Joka did and he was sacked for not being good enough.

So Joka has done nothing but we should probably give him a Summer. But as I predicted when he was appointed. I have a feeling that if we end up in the same position when we had the last change. We must stop the manager merry go round. But we really have seen nothing to suggest it will end.

I don't care if Kit's "ceiling" with this specific collection of players was slightly higher than Joka's. We're not aspiring to 13th place, and this roster is not remotely close to a promotion contender.

bill taylors apprentice

Stick with him, I say!

I'm disappointed it seems he hasn't found his best eleven and stuck it it more often and I'm not keen on some of his selections e.g. Ream and Stearman at FB (or anywhere else come to that).

But there's a fair argument that there's nobody else better to play FB, so I'm banking on the hope he's assessing as many players as possible and just trying to get the job of survival done and out of the way before starting afresh next season.

Only when the transfer window opens and the next season starts will we have a clue if things are going to improve, frankly I wouldn't bet on things getting much better, but that's not down to my thoughts on Jokanovic.

Luka

Quote from: J.Perkins on April 23, 2016, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:38:47 PM
Quote from: The Moose on April 23, 2016, 05:35:52 PM
I didn't make it today, so don't know how we played. I like him though. He at least deserves the chance to bring in the players he wants during the transfer window.

Why do you like him? I know many are really supportive of him. Other than the idea he can bring in his own players. Why do you like him and trust him? Genuine question and not meant as anything else. Other than he wears nice clothes I see nothing to be enthusiastic about.

He took Watford up. He's proactive instead of reactive. They players don't like him because he is not Symons.

Where does this "the players don't like him" come from & has it ever been  substantiated ?

HillingdonFFC

Sorry seen enough,not convinced by the "let him build his own team "argument. Too much chopping and changing ,square pegs in round holes Ala Symons, just makes me more gutted we never got Warburton

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2016, 09:51:16 PM

if you agree with the OP that jokanovic has made zero impact all you need to is say "+1"
but once again you bring up symons and how the new manager is no better than symons
but you claim you don't want to sack the new manager
so after 100+ posts saying the same thing every week can you please tell us... what's your point?

What's the point in saying SJ is no improvement. Both, in reality, pointless posts.

Lighthouse

Quote from: J.Perkins on April 23, 2016, 09:53:55 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2016, 09:51:16 PM

if you agree with the OP that jokanovic has made zero impact all you need to is say "+1"
but once again you bring up symons and how the new manager is no better than symons
but you claim you don't want to sack the new manager
so after 100+ posts saying the same thing every week can you please tell us... what's your point?

What's the point in saying SJ is no improvement. Both, in reality, pointless posts.

Once again Statto YOU brought up Symons AGAIN. As for the point after a 100 plus posts. Um I think I pretty much made it. Despite my question as to why you support SJ. Only one post actually gave a positive response. Which means despite your grumpy replies people really don't have much positive to say on why SJ is so liked. After 100 plus posts in his defense. You have NOTHING to add as to why we should support him other than MY point about sacking yet another manager.

J

We are safe = sack the manager? Jesus. If you don't rate how we are finishing in the table Kit should have gone by the same token last year. We were in a terrible run when he started, you seem to have forgotten that we took forever to get a new manager and kept losing in the interim.

Should we have a policy of sacking every manager every time the team loses? That seems to be certain peoples attitude.

And as far as people argue about our performances under SJ people were adamant that only results mattered when we were clearly playing better without getting the points. Then people complained when we got points on the board because it was "lucky" or didn't seem like we played well. Hypocritical much?

All this as well when he hasn't had the chance to make any proper signings, have a preseason working with a team he has shaped which is vital to get a team playing well in this league. Whilst I respect people can have their opinion, you really need to have a rethink on your outlook as there is something massively misguided there.

I'm not for a second being blindly loyal to him, it still might not work out in the long run but we need to actually give him a chance, at the very least a big chunk of next season.

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:19:56 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2016, 05:15:07 PM
Sorry but he's had 3 months and no transfer window. What did you expect? We'll finish this season where we ended last season which is all that was ever going to happen. The last thing we need is another bloody manager sacking and more disarray. Stupid post I'm afraid

Not a stupid post at all. You keep imagining that managers can only make players worse. Other managers have managed to come into clubs and improve the teams. Instead we have a manager who has put players out of position and done worse than we were last year. Legitimate concern seems very fair to me.

Haha, I bet you are just loving being able to jump on a Joka out thread Lighthouse! Must have made your weekend.

Andyb

All the chopping and changing people are moaning about, maybe he's trying different players out to see whether any fit into his plans for next year! Bringing another manager in again means players have to get used to another style of management which takes a while to get used to. Let's just give him the summer and see what the new season brings!!

FulhamStu

Quote from: Andyb on April 24, 2016, 07:43:19 AM
All the chopping and changing people are moaning about, maybe he's trying different players out to see whether any fit into his plans for next year! Bringing another manager in again means players have to get used to another style of management which takes a while to get used to. Let's just give him the summer and see what the new season brings!!
Agree with this post.

I keep going through the squad thinking who would I keep ?

Certain Starters ?
McCormack
Errrrr Madl
Errrrr Cairney and Fred if playing 532
Dembele if we can get him back on loan
Ince if we can sign him.

I like Would keep the following as squad players
LVC, Woodrow, Williams, Betts, maybe Ream and Stearman.

The rest are not good enough, simple as that. 

This is the squad that Rigg and Kit built and yet I would only have a couple of them in my starting 11 if I am serious about promotion.   We have nothing out wide, no decent full backs and but for 2x outstanding goal scorers we would be relegated

Jokanovic needs to be given time, money and support to put this mess right.  A very tough
Challenging job.   

If I was Khan I would sack Rigg not Joka.

colinwhite

Ridiculous OP.Going into this game we were top 3 in the championship over the last six games. Jokanovic has made no difference ?
He has been evaluating his squad as well as trying to keep us up , and must be wondering how the hell he is going to be able to get rid of the players he doesnt fancy . There is obviously a long list.

Slaphead in Qatar

We're in a mess and it's going to take a lot of patience and hard work to get us out of it. First monumental task is to get rid of underperformers in the summer and replace with better players.

Changing the manager again now will be a disaster.

Slaphead in Qatar

Also some managers e.g warnock can come in and get results with whatever they have inherited. Other managers have to be given the chance to bring in their type of players. We need to give joka the next 2 transfer windows.

On the bright side he has bought in madl and ince both of whom have done well

gezkc

Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 23, 2016, 06:13:02 PM
Newsflash: Our roster stinks and Joka cannot play the style of football he wants without having a window?

I'm not sure it's fair to judge him on the mess he inherited. He seemed perfectly capable at Watford in this division. Just because he can't "get enough results" with a poor roster doesn't mean he can't be quite good with a better one and some time.

I don't accept that we have a squad that stinks. On paper, it's a pretty decent squad with players who performed extremely well with their previous clubs and who have plenty of Championship experience between them. For some reason, they're not performing for Fulham - why that is, it's difficult to say.
I fully understand that these aren't SJ's players, but surely a good manager should be able to look at the team at his disposal and adapt the style of play to make the most of their strengths. SJ doesn't really seem to be doing this, certainly if we compare his results to Kit's with the same set of players.
I've been disappointed with SJ so far, but I think he should be given a summer transfer window and time to work with the players he chooses. We desperately need stability and continuity. Changing manager again would put us right back to square one.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2016, 12:37:17 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 11:40:05 PM
Once again Statto YOU brought up Symons AGAIN. As for the point after a 100 plus posts. Um I think I pretty much made it. Despite my question as to why you support SJ. Only one post actually gave a positive response. Which means despite your grumpy replies people really don't have much positive to say on why SJ is so liked. After 100 plus posts in his defense. You have NOTHING to add as to why we should support him other than MY point about sacking yet another manager.

Please stop lying.

First it was Joka's put players out of position. others have had to correct you on this.

then we've done worse than we were last year. when i point out this is wrong you say, why keep going back to last season?

then the defending is worse now than before. maybe you've forgotten we conceded over 80 goals last year.

Now apparently i've brought up symons but if you scroll up you'll see no one had mentioned symons at all when you started banging the same old drum, "When we changed managers we were an average side"...

You say you don't want Joka sacked but all you do is moan about him. would it make sense to you if i moaned about the same player every week but then said "we shouldn't sell him, we should keep him in the team"? No. So sorry but i really don't understand your point still. Unless perhaps you are lying (again) and actually you'd love it if Joka was sacked.

Last post by me on this. As you seem have to insult people who don't agree with you. Players are out of position. Just because they have played there in the past doesn't mean they are any good. Like playing John Mitchel  in goal because he played there before. Cairney has even stated he doesn't like playing wide and is better in the middle. Secondly I asked fans of our manager why they liked him. A few mentioned Symons. He wasn't Symons, he is better than Symons. I then point out this doesn't make sense as Symons did better with this squad. You and SJs other fans have not yet come up with anything positive other than one poster who didn't have to insult those who asked a question. Lastly we really can't afford to keep sacking managers. But no I don't like any manager who fails at Fulham and brings us to the edge of relegation. I know you do and I know you have to call people 'stupid' and call them liars because you can't give me a proper debate. Best if we put each other on our 'ignore' list. I enjoy debate but throwing childish insults about is something I am amazed people have to resort to on a MB where they both support the same side.