News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry but Jakonovic has made zero impact ....

Started by howitis, April 23, 2016, 05:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

It's even possible to argue that he has made matters worse. The team selection and wholesale changes are absolutely baffling. I'm sorry but be needs to go along with many of the players. There is no way that he has got any players onside and I'll be shocked if any of our better players are convinced by him.
I know we have have chopped and changed but it's not a reason to stay with him and I certainly wouldn't trust him with a transfer budget ( if there is one).

Lighthouse

I agree but can we afford another change at the top? They haven't helped in the past. But certainly his impact has been far worse than even I could have imagined.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2016, 05:15:07 PM
Sorry but he's had 3 months and no transfer window. What did you expect? We'll finish this season where we ended last season which is all that was ever going to happen. The last thing we need is another bloody manager sacking and more disarray. Stupid post I'm afraid

Not a stupid post at all. You keep imagining that managers can only make players worse. Other managers have managed to come into clubs and improve the teams. Instead we have a manager who has put players out of position and done worse than we were last year. Legitimate concern seems very fair to me.

jarv

Results and goals against suggest you are right. Not just in football but any management position, if things start to go wrong it is very easy to make matters worse by poor decisions.  Panic can set in. 

I dont see any games so cannot comment on style of play but the numbers suggest he might have lost the plot. (goals against, too many personnel changes, different formations etc.) Possibly at this stage trying a bit too hard to fix it.

I feel by now he should know his best 11, his best formation using those 11 and stick with it. He has done the opposite hasn't he?

From 3000 miles away, I don't have a lot of confidence in him. Hope I am wrong.

jarv

Twig

SG

I thought he was the right person to be appointed but he has made little impact which has surprised and disappointed me. I would expect a good coach to improve these players and he hasn't. I don't see any point in changing him but there is something rotten about our club at the moment. I don't know whether it is Khan, Rigg, other Directors, some of the players but we are in a downward spiral and need to do something to arrest the decline. We're a shambles from top to bottom, with the notable exclusion of the Academy. If we're not careful all their good work will go to waste.

J.Perkins

I'm just going to get in trouble arguing with you, so here's a picture of an angry Woy

westcliff white

change manager and we will be on our what 8th in 4 seasons? any decent manager would not want the job based on that alone. we need to give him time to get his own players in and see what he comes up with
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2016, 05:23:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:19:56 PM
Sorry but he's had 3 months and no transfer window. What did you expect? We'll finish this season where we ended last season which is all that was ever going to happen. The last thing we need is another bloody manager sacking and more disarray. Stupid post I'm afraid

Not a stupid post at all. You keep imagining that managers can only make players worse. Other managers have managed to come into clubs and improve the teams. Instead we have a manager who has put players out of position and done worse than we were last year. Legitimate concern seems very fair to me.

Who was out of position today?
Where were we this time last year ?
I think you're the one imagining things mate

So Cairney playing wide and Ream at left back are positions they are comfortable in are they?  When we changed managers we were an average side. Now we are poor. He hasn't improved our defence, conceding goals in every game bar 1 he has been in charge. So why keep going back to last season? We finished the season poorly last year. This year we have done the same but you keep saying it is stupid to criticise the  manager.

Bassey the warrior

I didn't make it today, so don't know how we played. I like him though. He at least deserves the chance to bring in the players he wants during the transfer window.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:35:19 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2016, 05:23:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:19:56 PM

Who was out of position today?
Where were we this time last year ?
I think you're the one imagining things mate

So Cairney playing wide and Ream at left back are positions they are comfortable in are they?  When we changed managers we were an average side. Now we are poor. He hasn't improved our defence, conceding goals in every game bar 1 he has been in charge. So why keep going back to last season? We finished the season poorly last year. This year we have done the same but you keep saying it is stupid to criticise the  manager.

Cairney played all last season out wide. Ream has played CB and LB his whole career.

The players are the issue, not the manager.

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Moose on April 23, 2016, 05:35:52 PM
I didn't make it today, so don't know how we played. I like him though. He at least deserves the chance to bring in the players he wants during the transfer window.

Why do you like him? I know many are really supportive of him. Other than the idea he can bring in his own players. Why do you like him and trust him? Genuine question and not meant as anything else. Other than he wears nice clothes I see nothing to be enthusiastic about.

westcliff white

not defending him or having a go at him, but being fair Cairney played wide for Blackburn for 2 seasons and Ream plays left back for the USA I believe, so they are not positions they are uncomfortable with, but may not necessarily be their best  positions.

For me Cairney has been better when played more centrally pulling the strings, Ream for me has been average at both CB and LB this season
Every day is a Fulham day

J.Perkins

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2016, 05:38:47 PM

Why do you like him? I know many are really supportive of him. Other than the idea he can bring in his own players. Why do you like him and trust him? Genuine question and not meant as anything else. Other than he wears nice clothes I see nothing to be enthusiastic about.

He took Watford up. He's proactive instead of reactive. They players don't like him because he is not Symons.

fulhamben

Hes not kit for one. I'm delighted we stayed up this season. After Ali mac and Rigg decided to keep kit on in the summer I thought we were certain for relegation. And add to that, that we weakend our squad again in the summer then it's a miracle that joka even has a chance to try and improve us in the summers
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

J.Perkins

To add to my backing of him, if another manager did come in, he's not going to know what needs to be improved like SJ will. He's had 4 months with this team, and I'm sure he's spotted the weaknesses.

Domino1879

Great to see plan B was hoof ball with Smith........seriously??

Lighthouse

Quote from: J.Perkins on April 23, 2016, 05:40:17 PM

He took Watford up. He's proactive instead of reactive. They players don't like him because he is not Symons.

Why don't the players like him because he is not Symons? Doesn't make sense. He took Watford up but that means nothing this season. He is proactive? How? He makes subs when we are losing after the team he picks fails. I agree we don't need him to be sacked. But your only argument is it is all the players fault. I wish his supporters had better arguments as to why he is good enough.

Mince n Tatties

As I said on another post,he baffles me sometimes.
Hutch n Burn played well at Ipswich and are left out of
the squad..
Must make some of the players question his decisions
sometimes...Strange.