News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry but Jakonovic has made zero impact ....

Started by howitis, April 23, 2016, 05:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Ultimately there is no ambition for our football club from the owner. The managerial appointments since he came to us have been baffling and resulted in failure. When Symons was ejected, we all prayed that the club now had the opportunity to make a high end appointment with real credentials to lead us forward. Sadly we looked in the clearance bin and after a couple of mid level rejections we came across SJ. This was not a coup for the club and once again many supporters are looking for new leadership. I am personally completely baffled by his team selections and have never known a squad where people seem to start matches only to find that they don't even make the bench the following week.You couldn't ever second guess what he is thinking and I don't see the "type" of football that he is trying to install. Attending games is as depressing now as it was under any of the last 3 managers. I did not want Symons to get the job and I believe he should have left at the end of last season with a thank you. I have to agree however that he did a better job with the current squad then SJ.
Thank god for the Tigana and Hodgson days, im running on empty but those memories convince me that you can turn turn things around with the right leadership.

J.Perkins

Quote from: howitis on April 24, 2016, 12:56:23 PM
Ultimately there is no ambition for our football club from the owner. The managerial appointments since he came to us have been baffling and resulted in failure. When Symons was ejected, we all prayed that the club now had the opportunity to make a high end appointment with real credentials to lead us forward. Sadly we looked in the clearance bin and after a couple of mid level rejections we came across SJ. This was not a coup for the club and once again many supporters are looking for new leadership. I am personally completely baffled by his team selections and have never known a squad where people seem to start matches only to find that they don't even make the bench the following week.You couldn't ever second guess what he is thinking and I don't see the "type" of football that he is trying to install. Attending games is as depressing now as it was under any of the last 3 managers. I did not want Symons to get the job and I believe he should have left at the end of last season with a thank you. I have to agree however that he did a better job with the current squad then SJ.
Thank god for the Tigana and Hodgson days, im running on empty but those memories convince me that you can turn turn things around with the right leadership.

You clearly have no idea what happened over appointing SJ, so don't try and get a point across that is based on false knowledge.

domprague

He's had three months. He's had no chance to change personnel.
Give the man a break.
I've had lots of jobs and it is only after six months that I and those around me feel settled.
Let him have a pre-season. Let him have a transfer window. Give him the chance to set the tone for a season rather than inherit another bad one. We can then see what he can do.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Baszab

When KS was sacked we were P 16 - 5W 5D and 6L - 8 points off 6th place - not a bad position for  new squad with a rookie manager - ready to develop as a unit

I think you will find that many of our players have developed a poor attitude since the appointment of the Messiah

Why the need to have a wholesale clear-out ? - nobody was saying that after 16 games - it was more "the manager is useless" if I recall

hovewhite

Quote from: domprague on April 24, 2016, 03:28:58 PM
He's had three months. He's had no chance to change personnel.
Give the man a break.
I've had lots of jobs and it is only after six months that I and those around me feel settled.
Let him have a pre-season. Let him have a transfer window. Give him the chance to set the tone for a season rather than inherit another bad one. We can then see what he can do.
Give the man a chance.We wont know how good he has been for us till this time next year,i am really fed up after a few months that we have people slagging each other off on this board .give SJ a full season then judge as changing managers twice a season is not the awnser!!!

Twig

Incredibly ignorant assessment.  "Looked in the clearance bin"??  Have you even checked out SJ's CV?

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on April 24, 2016, 05:56:11 PM

Incredibly ignorant assessment.  "Looked in the clearance bin"??  Have you even checked out SJ's CV?
and totally inaccurate. As I posted on Xmas day, we went for SJ early but he had made a promise to his wife that he wouldn't be moving anytime soon. That's why we started looking at the others
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

J

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 03:32:28 PM
When KS was sacked we were P 16 - 5W 5D and 6L - 8 points off 6th place - not a bad position for  new squad with a rookie manager - ready to develop as a unit

I think you will find that many of our players have developed a poor attitude since the appointment of the Messiah

Why the need to have a wholesale clear-out ? - nobody was saying that after 16 games - it was more "the manager is useless" if I recall

So you are ignoring what happened between kit going and SJ joining to spin it like it's all SJ that dragged us down. No win in 10 if I recall when he was appointed.

Tonywa

Yes I think it was that run of very poor results during the interegnum that really started the downward spiral this season.