Jakonovic lovers - please list your reasons for keeping him next season

Started by Baszab, April 24, 2016, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

1. He did not "build" a team at Watford - he inherited Udinese B team
2. He has been relegated twice
3. His tenures rarely last more than 18 months
4. He clearly does NOT have the support of the players
5. He is not popular with the "Fulham" staff/players (not necessarily a bad thing)
6. He has made no impact whatsoever
7. He spends the whole game moaning at his "entourage" in the dug-out and criticising his players - He's the one who selects and trains them - He must take the blame
8. He hasn't decided on the best selection or tactics (if there are any ) in over 20 games

Please sack him and get a young enthusiastic manager from lower divisions (a la Adams)
We are in danger of dropping into the Jol syndrome again

My thoughts on this haven't changed since it was obvious he did not have a clue after 3 or 4 games in charge

Wearethewhites

Because you still can't seem to get over the sacking of your mate Kit, who, if was still in charge now, would certainly be taking us for a trip down to the Preistfields next season?

I'm sorry Bazab, but you've been on this guys back ever since he was appointed, so I can't take anything you say seriously.

Judge him when he's has a full season, with his players, and not the clap-trap that Kit and Rigg put together.

If you knew (which you clearly don't) the ego's and poisonous individuals that he and his backroom staff are having to deal with at present, as well as trying to grind out results, you may get off his back a little (but I doubt it).   

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 24, 2016, 12:00:55 PM
Because you still can't seem to get over the sacking of your mate Kit, who, if was still in charge now, would certainly be taking us for a trip down to the Preistfields next season?

I'm sorry Bazab, but you've been on this guys back ever since he was appointed, so I can't take anything you say seriously.

Judge him when he's has a full season, with his players, and not the clap-trap that Kit and Rigg put together.

If you knew (which you clearly don't) the ego's and poisonous individuals that he and his backroom staff are having to deal with at present, as well as trying to grind out results, you may get off his back a little (but I doubt it).   
:plus one:

fulhamben

Anyone but kit for me. So that's why joka gets the nod from me.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jonaldiniho 88

Bit.of a broken record really. If you were willing to give joka the same.opportunity you would've given kit then I might find some sympathy with some of your points that I feel are valid. Unfortunately you are so biased I can't take you seriously.

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 11:52:45 AM

My thoughts on this haven't changed since it was obvious he did not have a clue after 3 or 4 games in charge

HAHAHA, im glad you gave him a fair crack at it before making your mind up.

Lighthouse

I asked the same question about SJ. I wanted to know what was it that made him so liked by so many. Interesting that very few could give me an answer that wasn't anti previous managers and just insulting to the question.

Those that did answer properly said that they thought we played better despite the results  and he was more proactive with subs. The vast majority thought that he should be given a transfer window to try and bring in his players.

So I think the answer to the question is that despite the angry and often abusive nature of the argument for SJ. Few have any real positive reasons for keeping him. Other than the one that states he needs more time and can we really just keep sacking managers. My fear is that come Christmas we will be doing exactly that. But time will tell.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 24, 2016, 12:54:45 PM
I asked the same question about SJ. I wanted to know what was it that made him so liked by so many. Interesting that very few could give me an answer that wasn't anti previous managers and just insulting to the question.

Those that did answer properly said that they thought we played better despite the results  and he was more proactive with subs. The vast majority thought that he should be given a transfer window to try and bring in his players.

So I think the answer to the question is that despite the angry and often abusive nature of the argument for SJ. Few have any real positive reasons for keeping him. Other than the one that states he needs more time and can we really just keep sacking managers. My fear is that come Christmas we will be doing exactly that. But time will tell.
if he makes it till xmas then he would have done better than the TV pundit
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Shocking post, Full faith in Joka, best manager we've had in a while.

These posts about Joka are abit pointless, hes not going to be sacked till atleast October, so what is the point in giving him abuse?? Wont change anything. Get behind the man we have in and the club might actually achieve something
STH H3

colinwhite

Its like a dog with a rat  in its mouth. Prior to yesterday we took  11 points from a possible 18 and we were one of the best form teams in the division.
Its been a very poor season and the root of the problem was carry on with Kit when he should have been shown the door in the summer. This was one of many mistakes made by the club .
I understand peoples frustration and feel it , but the squad put togethher by Kit and rigg was woefully unbalanced and lacked quality . Thankfully Joka brought in Ince , Madl and Amorbietta , as well as convincing mousa and ross to stay . We should be grateful to him for that and pulling out the results at the most pressurised ,critical points of the season .
Lets see what we can build from the summers inevitable turn over of players . Jokanovic is not perfect but ,unlike Kit is no mug .

Apprentice to the Maestro

The strongest answer is that he annoys the hell out of Baszab and Lighthouse which must indicate that Jokanovic should be the man for us.

colinwhite

Oh and by the way , the reason we will and should retain him(Joka ) is because he is clearly KHans man and i believe Khan will back him with the funds needed . This was clearly never going to happen with Kit in charge .

Sgt Fulham

I don't care if some players don't like him. I find it hard to have any affinity for a lot of our players given their attitude and performance on the pitch, and they've had it too easy for a while. If they want to be poisonous to our club then they can piss off.

H4usuallysitting

Joka

Played 22, Won 6, Drawn 6, Lost 10  - Win 22%.....from 22 games 24 points (66 points max)

Warnock

Played 14, Won 6,   Drawn 6,   Lost 2 - Win 42.6%.......from 14 games 24 points (42 points max)

Are Rotherham a better team than ours?

Rotherham were below us before Joka took over

Is it quite simply that Warnock is a better manager than Joka?

Baszab

So no reason at all from anyone - no basis whatsoever that he has shown any spark of rejuvenating our team - which does have some very good individual players

I never mentioned KS - who is history  (don't know why so many have a hangup about him on this message board)

I fell we need fresh managerial blood - not a mercenary like SJ

I am fully aware of the dressing room problems - and SJ is not solving them at the moment - it will be better next year once certain players leave (especially ones that score lots of goals)

It's not heresy to have a different view about our useless manager - it is not a "wind-up" if some of us can see through SJ and his pathetic tactics and selection

We were the form team - we had 3 lucky wins - as we were due some luck over 46 games

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 24, 2016, 01:05:13 PM
The strongest answer is that he annoys the hell out of Baszab and Lighthouse which must strongly indicate that Jokanovic should be the man for us.

064.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Baszab

I am amazed that anyone could have been looking forward to our future with SJ after watching yesterday's pathetic shambolic display
All I could see was glum faces and total dismay - especially in the directors' box

F(f)CUK

I want us to have a manager for a couple of years and see if someone can actually build rather than dismantle.

One James stannard

My god this message board is a frustrating place to be at times.

I keep having to tell myself that everyone is entitled to their own opinions