https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jakonovic lovers - please list your reasons for keeping him next season

Started by Baszab, April 24, 2016, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2016, 06:21:45 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on April 24, 2016, 06:16:03 PM
Who's Jakonovic and why are we changing manager again?

interesting that there are Two anti "Jakonovic" threads on here at the moment by ostensibly different posters... do i detect a sock puppet?

I noticed this too. It's odd that two very anti-Jokanovic posters both spell it incorrectly the same way.

Might be on to something  :hook:
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Berserker

I don't personally think we would have got relegated with Kit, neither do I think we would of made top 6. We should have replaced Kit in the summer and got a more experienced manager who could have got us to the play offs. All the dilly dallying with sacking Kit and not replacing him for so long, plus the transfer embargo did us in this season. 
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Here's my reason for keeping him. Right now Fulham change managers more often than tin pot republics get new heads of state.

If we're ever going to BUILD anything, we need to keep ONE manager for TWO FULL SEASONS. Otherwise, we're in a constant state of adjustment to the last guy.

So, yes, keep Joka for next season and the one after next. Somebody on this site is going to moan about whoever of manager is and about every single one of our players CONSTANTLY every week. But let's stop the panic. We've chosen our guy; let's keep him on the job. Sites like this are the natural home for fantasy management, tactics, and player selection. Let's have some stability at Motspur Park.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2016, 05:36:00 PM
Quote from: fulhams_finest on April 24, 2016, 05:14:07 PM
kind of agree with the original poster we have had so many team changes it just comes across like he has no clue and he has been given a hell of a lot longer than meulensteen - I remain undecided but hope he's what you guys think he is because it's getting tougher and tougher to watch

To add to the context point Meulensteen was in charge in a time where we playing Liverpool and United not Rotherham and MK Dons

Just to give some context, Mulensteen had 17 games. Jokanovic has had 21.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 11:52:45 AM
1. He did not "build" a team at Watford - he inherited Udinese B team
2. He has been relegated twice
3. His tenures rarely last more than 18 months
4. He clearly does NOT have the support of the players
5. He is not popular with the "Fulham" staff/players (not necessarily a bad thing)
6. He has made no impact whatsoever
7. He spends the whole game moaning at his "entourage" in the dug-out and criticising his players - He's the one who selects and trains them - He must take the blame
8. He hasn't decided on the best selection or tactics (if there are any ) in over 20 games

Please sack him and get a young enthusiastic manager from lower divisions (a la Adams)
We are in danger of dropping into the Jol syndrome again

My thoughts on this haven't changed since it was obvious he did not have a clue after 3 or 4 games in charge
:dead horse:  fp.gif  090.gif

NJFulham

Didn't we just have our best run of form in years? 11 points from 18?

Andy S

why are we even debating this. It seems quite obvious to me that the longer you can keep a manager the more stability you have. This has to lead to more chance of success.

MJG

When you look at the changes he has made game to game yes there have been a few. But many are injury led and suspensions. or just fact we played a lot of games and he rotated.
But lets look at some things....(Note I'm not including his first few games in charge and only from Derby onwards once Ince came in, think this is fair given transfer window and 'his' players)
So 16 games
26 players used
-Apart from one sub appearance Ross and Dembele have always started.

-Fredericks has been in and out of the team but made 11 starts and 4 appearances. Right back he has chopped and changed. But Fredericks cant last 90 mins, hes better at Wing Back and clearly with just 3 look ins Richards is a non starter.
Stearman won his place back recently at RB and although hot and cold I can see why RB has been a position thats required changes.
-Parker has played 14 of those games, amazing hes done that well and started them all recently.
-Cairney, well only injuury made him drop out and change required
-Madl, again a starter for most of the time apart from injury.
-Amorebieta missed only 3 of his games, one was enforced and apparently injurys for others.
-Tunnicliffe, once back he was into the team, Sub saturday but always around if required.
-Burn lost his place recently, both him and Hutch played well at Ipswich, but I think saturday may have been a case of they are both leaving, lets work with my two first choice CB's as it stands. Neither Burn or Hutch are exactly favs of anyone, and given a choice of Burn Hutch Vs Amore Madl who would fans prefer?
-Ohara and Garbutt started this run as first choice players but have been replaced  by Ream and basically Tunnicliffe.
Then you have Kaca who has said he leaving and dopped since.
-Gk's swapped places.
-Ince apparently was told not fit enough, had a few weeks off to get better and it worked and first choice since.

What I'm trying to show is that the team he puts out has evolved over last 16 games, players come in and out as any do but there are some real obvious reasons for this.
Saturday was the first time you could say he changed the two CB's when maybe they could havce had another chance. But again both current and future planning came into play.

So you have
McCormack
Dembele
Fredericks
Parker
Cairney
Madl
Amorebieta
Betts/Lonergan
Tunnicliffe

who have been his hardcore team. You can now add Ince to that and possibly LVC since he came back and you have 11 players.

Its not perfect and we can all see where the weaknesses are. Our only hope is he gets the backing to bring in the pacy, quick minded, fit players we need. And not allow some good performances by some players cover over the fact they are not good enough for next season.

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on April 25, 2016, 01:24:14 PM
When you look at the changes he has made game to game yes there have been a few. But many are injury led and suspensions. or just fact we played a lot of games and he rotated.
But lets look at some things....(Note I'm not including his first few games in charge and only from Derby onwards once Ince came in, think this is fair given transfer window and 'his' players)
So 16 games
26 players used

-Fredericks has been in and out of the team but made 11 starts and 4 appearances. Right back he has chopped and changed. But Fredericks cant last 90 mins, hes better at Wing Back and clearly with just 3 look ins Richards is a non starter.
Stearman won his place back recently at RB and although hot and cold I can see why RB has been a position thats required changes.
-Parker has played 14 of those games, amazing hes done that well and started them all recently.
-Amorebieta missed only 3 of his games, one was enforced and apparently injurys for others.
-Tunnicliffe, once back he was into the team, Sub saturday but always around if required.
-Burn lost his place recently, both him and Hutch played well at Ipswich, but I think saturday may have been a case of they are both leaving, lets work with my two first choice CB's as it stands. Neither Burn or Hutch are exactly favs of anyone, and given a choice of Burn Hutch Vs Amore Madl who would fans prefer?
-Ohara and Garbutt started this run as first choice players but have been replaced  by Ream and basically Tunnicliffe.
-Gk's swapped places.
-Ince apparently was told not fit enough, had a few weeks off to get better and it worked and first choice since.

What I'm trying to show is that the team he puts out has evolved over last 16 games, players come in and out as any do but there are some real obvious reasons for this.
Saturday was the first time you could say he changed the two CB's when maybe they could havce had another chance. But again both current and future planning came into play.

So you have
McCormack
Dembele
Fredericks
Parker
Cairney
Madl
Amorebieta
Betts/Lonergan
Tunnicliffe

who have been his hardcore team. You can now add Ince to that and possibly LVC since he came back and you have 11 players.

Its not perfect and we can all see where the weaknesses are. Our only hope is he gets the backing to bring in the pacy, quick minded, fit players we need. And not allow some good performances by some players cover over the fact they are not good enough for next season.

and once again you come up with facts, sound analysis, and logic

well done, you
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: Statto on April 25, 2016, 02:11:55 PM
i made a point about team changes in another thread but no one replied, preferring instead to argue about joka's eye contact or dress sense

last seven games, same formation, and same 8 players starting every game they're fit

only rotation has been at full back and swapping hyndman/tunnicliffe

exception is ipswich away when he changed the CBs. but if you look, hutchinson and burn are our two biggest, heaviest CBs so seems obvious to me what Joka was thinking
People don't want facts...didn't you know facts are made up and can not be backed by anything.

Logicalman

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 24, 2016, 06:25:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 24, 2016, 06:21:45 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on April 24, 2016, 06:16:03 PM
Who's Jakonovic and why are we changing manager again?

interesting that there are Two anti "Jakonovic" threads on here at the moment by ostensibly different posters... do i detect a sock puppet?

I noticed this too. It's odd that two very anti-Jokanovic posters both spell it incorrectly the same way.

Might be on to something  :hook:

Unfortunately neither of which were involved in the demise of JFK either.  :033:

Whereby The other person is a simple wind-up merchant, Baz still hasn't got over Kit not being with us, it's all as simple as that I feel.   :54:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

J

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 03:30:37 PM
I am not sure what the last observation is based on

When KS was sacked we were P 16 - 5W 5D and 6L - 8 points off 6th place - not a bad position for  new squad with a rookie manager - ready to develop as a unit

I think you will find that many of our players have developed a poor attitude since the appointment of the Messiah

I answered this exact point of yours on a different thread. You are clearly intentionally spinning this in a biassed way to back up your agenda. We were on a terrible run when SJ took over, losing and playing badly

Vinnieffc

I'm really fed up with flogging this dead horse. I see it simply as this..

1. Joka was expected to make a silk purse out of a sows ear
2.  We are playing a far better style of football but have a soft underbelly. We can all see it - do you really think he can't ?
3. It is ludicrous to expect him to work miracles until he has his own personell on the pitch

I believe he's the right man for us.Please get off his back and let him get on with te job.

I'll make no further comment on this subject on this or any other thread.

Vincent

alfie

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 11:52:45 AM
1. He did not "build" a team at Watford - he inherited Udinese B team
2. He has been relegated twice
3. His tenures rarely last more than 18 months
4. He clearly does NOT have the support of the players
5. He is not popular with the "Fulham" staff/players (not necessarily a bad thing)
6. He has made no impact whatsoever
7. He spends the whole game moaning at his "entourage" in the dug-out and criticising his players - He's the one who selects and trains them - He must take the blame
8. He hasn't decided on the best selection or tactics (if there are any ) in over 20 games

Please sack him and get a young enthusiastic manager from lower divisions (a la Adams)
We are in danger of dropping into the Jol syndrome again

My thoughts on this haven't changed since it was obvious he did not have a clue after 3 or 4 games in charge
Why do you continously refer to supporters who like him as "lovers"?. You are not the only person on this forum that has a right to an opinion.
noting your number 7. If they are not doing what he wants them to do, are you saying you just want him to stand there and say nothing.
As for number 8. well we have been saying all season the majority of players are just not good enough, so whoever he picks there are going to be problems.

You just seem to really enjoy it when things go wrong, i don't think i have ever seen a positive post from you about anything, but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

copthornemike

Quote from: MJG on April 25, 2016, 01:24:14 PM
So 16 games
26 players used

-Gk's swapped places.

So you have
McCormack
Dembele
Fredericks
Parker
Cairney
Madl
Amorebieta
Betts/Lonergan
Tunnicliffe

Many well made points Mike - also as another poster has pointed out Jokanovic is one of a small list of managers who have successfuly won promotionship from the Championship.

One additional, non Jokanovic observation to make however.

All teams in the top 3 of the Championship retained their managers from last season. Brighton & Burnley were brave enough to retain managers from last season despite not being 'not successful.' I appreciate that Dyche was in the Premiership but they stayed loyal to him and Brighton in particular closely mirrored our own lack of success last season. Houghton certainly was not an overnight success but with time he has moulded them into an efficient team as we found out to our cost a few weeks ago.

So despite the poor form (to put it politely) the club's hierarchy would be correct and logical in continuing with Jokanovic.

colinwhite

If you cant see the improvements that Joka has made then you clearly dont want to see them . Good posts above on this last page ,most of which I thorughly agree with .
Khan seems to be 100 per cent behind Jokanovic and this must be the biggest reason to support the man. Money is going to be spent and investment will be made. This is vital for our club and it seems to me that Jokanovic is the right man to get the balance (which was pitifully lacking in our last assembled squad) on track to make us a decent team again.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Baszab

All I can see and hear after attending {each game at home and some away} is everyone around me moaning and despondent at another rubbish performance.

I don't hear people saying " Oh never mind, we have been stuffed again and we nearly went down,......but never mind SJ has got us playing better" - that is just laughable

As for MG's sound and thoughtful analysis which I partly agree with, every manager - even KS - has had injury problems - one of our biggest downfalls of the KS era was the loss of our 2 first team goalies. So no excuses there for poor performances

J

Quote from: Baszab on April 25, 2016, 07:46:04 PM
All I can see and hear after attending {each game at home and some away} is everyone around me moaning and despondent at another rubbish performance.

I don't hear people saying " Oh never mind, we have been stuffed again and we nearly went down,......but never mind SJ has got us playing better" - that is just laughable

As for MG's sound and thoughtful analysis which I partly agree with, every manager - even KS - has had injury problems - one of our biggest downfalls of the KS era was the loss of our 2 first team goalies. So no excuses there for poor performances

Of course people moan about a performance in the immediate aftermath of a loss. But most other people regain a sense of perspective after they have time to digest and see the bigger picture.

I also notice that you say that's all you hear, which implies you and or the people you listen to are still moaning when we win... That or you choose not to listen to anything positive.

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Baszab on April 25, 2016, 07:46:04 PM

I think Id be despondent if i sat near you.