more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jakonovic lovers - please list your reasons for keeping him next season

Started by Baszab, April 24, 2016, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on April 25, 2016, 07:46:04 PM
All I can see and hear after attending {each game at home and some away} is everyone around me moaning and despondent at another rubbish performance.

I don't hear people saying " Oh never mind, we have been stuffed again and we nearly went down,......but never mind SJ has got us playing better" - that is just laughable

As for MG's sound and thoughtful analysis which I partly agree with, every manager - even KS - has had injury problems - one of our biggest downfalls of the KS era was the loss of our 2 first team goalies. So no excuses there for poor performances

So everyone around you is moaning and despondent about yet another rubbish performance?  But prior to the home defeat against NF, as I recall, we had gone 6 matches and only lost once (admittedly badly vs Brighton).  Hardly a case of "yet another rubbish performance".  Not scintillating I grant you, but neither does that form fit your damning but laughably unbalanced statement.

In the Enclosure

Have a listen to Tony Khans Podcast linked further down the Board (jump to 48 minutes in) and there is a complete summary of the way we are managed from the top. I am afraid that the approach is Moneyball / Statistics. - Identify what look like good cheap players (probably from foreign leagues e.g. Madli) get Rigg to buy them and ask the Coach to make them into a team - no wonder we didn't approach Warburton !

Tony Khan acknowledges that the present coach Joka is not keen on the idea but he will be tolerated as he has a reputation of being such a good coach. No wonder we have problems ! The players don't know who the boss is. There is even a hint that the statistically discovered players should be given a chance to prove themselves in the team !

Joka sounds like he is fighting to get the right players and may get some trust. My worry is that if we sack him we will just get a yes man in. Tony Khan did concede that results here or with the Jags don't look good but he sees this as his professional calling and wants to convince us fans that is the correct way to go. He mentioned the fans opposition several times so at least we are being heard !

SG

Quote from: Finnegans Wake on April 25, 2016, 09:06:24 PM
All I can see and hear after attending {each game at home and some away} is everyone around me moaning and despondent at another rubbish performance.

I don't hear people saying " Oh never mind, we have been stuffed again and we nearly went down,......but never mind SJ has got us playing better" - that is just laughable

As for MG's sound and thoughtful analysis which I partly agree with, every manager - even KS - has had injury problems - one of our biggest downfalls of the KS era was the loss of our 2 first team goalies. So no excuses there for poor performances

I think Id be despondent if i sat near you.
I'd be bloody suicidal. Thank god for the ignore button when he posts.
I am very confident that Slavisa will mould this club into a competitive unit. He may not have shown it yet but I just sense that he is able to do this.
Besides if Baszab doesn't want him that is a good enough reason to retain this manager

Berserker

Can I say we should keep him cause he's good looking and cheers me up! Sod the football!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

copthornemike

:Haynes The Maestro:
Quote from: Berserker on April 25, 2016, 10:16:45 PM
Can I say we should keep him cause he's good looking and cheers me up! Sod the football!
It is certainly a reason - mind you might not apply for most of us mere males  :Haynes The Maestro:

davew

Quote from: colinwhite on April 25, 2016, 06:19:50 PM
If you cant see the improvements that Joka has made then you clearly dont want to see them . Good posts above on this last page ,most of which I thorughly agree with .
Khan seems to be 100 per cent behind Jokanovic and this must be the biggest reason to support the man. Money is going to be spent and investment will be made. This is vital for our club and it seems to me that Jokanovic is the right man to get the balance (which was pitifully lacking in our last assembled squad) on track to make us a decent team again.

I went to Spec Savers today and my vision or opinion hasn't been changed! I admire all the support and eternal optimism that is given by some FFC supporters, some of the comments though are ridiculous "Khan seems to be 100% per cent behind Jokavic", how do you work that out because he hasn't been sacked yet?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

I am more or less in total agreement with Basrab, I have no preference as to who our manage should be or should still be, would the SJ supporters please post what he has achieved so far to gain your confidence? I have obviously been following the wrong team this season! To clarify things I was never 1 of the KS supporters!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on April 25, 2016, 11:26:13 PM
I am more or less in total agreement with Basrab, I have no preference as to who our manage should be or should still be, would the SJ supporters please post what he has achieved so far to gain your confidence? I have obviously been following the wrong team this season! To clarify things I was never 1 of the KS supporters!!

Apparently this Manager Jok is very good looking.
As for these Stats they are so keen on, no wonder this clubs in a two and eight, on and off the pitch, they should flush these stats down the toilet ASAP.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

This stats approach always seems to lead to problems at clubs.

Stats are fine - if used with more traditional ways of choosing players.

westcliff white

Loss of the keepers was this season, what about the end of last season what was the reason then? we had a fit squad and still got tanked.

SJ for me deserves a chance like KS did to get his own players in.
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

Quote from: davew on April 25, 2016, 11:26:13 PM

Dave, with respect it has been posted above, if you don't agree fair enough but please don't ask people to repost what they've said already (mine is on page 3 by the way).

J.Perkins

Slavisa is a highly respected Don in the Serbian mafia. He came to London to conquer the mass market drugs trade in the wealthy areas of Fulham and Chelsea. Whilst there, he had a unique persona as a football manager with years of experience. Even travelling from Watford to Israel, just to imprint his name further in the football world.

It is well know that he tests out his products on the players at the clubs he is currently at. Some say that a special grade of cocaine was used throughout early April, but has since had a low supply. Reporters suggest this is why Fulham have had such a drop in form.

colinwhite

Quote from: davew on April 25, 2016, 11:23:13 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on April 25, 2016, 06:19:50 PM
If you cant see the improvements that Joka has made then you clearly dont want to see them . Good posts above on this last page ,most of which I thorughly agree with .
Khan seems to be 100 per cent behind Jokanovic and this must be the biggest reason to support the man. Money is going to be spent and investment will be made. This is vital for our club and it seems to me that Jokanovic is the right man to get the balance (which was pitifully lacking in our last assembled squad) on track to make us a decent team again.

I went to Spec Savers today and my vision or opinion hasn't been changed! I admire all the support and eternal optimism that is given by some FFC supporters, some of the comments though are ridiculous "Khan seems to be 100% per cent behind Jokavic", how do you work that out because he hasn't been sacked yet?

Lets just wait and see shall we Dave. The amount of money he gets to spend will surely reflect the owners backing wouldnt you agree ? Or is that ridiculous in your view too ?

Bronaldinho

1 - First manager in a while, who isn't afraid to make changes at HT to try and change the game
2 - Believes in playing football the right way, and even though results haven't been great the style of play has been much improved
3 - Tremendously good CV and has stated that he wants to be at the club long-term
4 - Has won the division
5 - If he can get players like Ince/Madl under an embargo what can he do over a full summer to revamp a squad?
6 - Identifies youth as a success, something that always reaps benefits going forward
7 - Doesn't get ahead of himself, even if we win he notes the negatives and always strives for better
8 - Actually a really nice bloke and can deal with the media very well.

P.S - If your judging him on a season where he couldn't challenge/play for anything then you really need to re-evaluate. Give him time to shape something here and then judge at the end of his contract. Anything can be better than Felix Bingo or Kit's reliance on Diamond formations.  Yeah the season has been bad, but if you can't see the bigger picture and look forward to this summer, then well I don't understand you.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Hoppus

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 26, 2016, 11:49:45 AM
1 - First manager in a while, who isn't afraid to make changes at HT to try and change the game
2 - Believes in playing football the right way, and even though results haven't been great the style of play has been much improved
3 - Tremendously good CV and has stated that he wants to be at the club long-term
4 - Has won the division
5 - If he can get players like Ince/Madl under an embargo what can he do over a full summer to revamp a squad?
6 - Identifies youth as a success, something that always reaps benefits going forward
7 - Doesn't get ahead of himself, even if we win he notes the negatives and always strives for better

P.S - If your judging him on a season where he couldn't challenge/play for anything then you really need to re-evaluate. Give him time to shape something here and then judge at the end of his contract. Anything can be better than Felix Bingo or Kit's reliance on Diamond formations.  Yeah the season has been bad, but if you can't see the bigger picture and look forward to this summer, then well I don't understand you.

Amen!

I was afraid that Lighthouse and bazab was dead when we won three games in a row. I guess they was so disappointed that they forgot their password on the FOF forum: D
At least bazab is honest, Jako is the problem and he saw it after THREE games. Almost unbelievably stupid: D
I trust Joka and am looking forward to next season.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Hoppus on April 26, 2016, 12:16:00 PM
4 - Has won the division

Amen!

I was afraid that Lighthouse and bazab was dead when we won three games in a row. I guess they was so disappointed that they forgot their password on the FOF forum: D
At least bazab is honest, Jako is the problem and he saw it after THREE games. Almost unbelievably stupid: D

Thanks mate that is the biggest insult I have ever been given on this site even in jest. Accused of wanting the side to lose and not posting when we win because I so want us to do badly. I thank you and so would my family and friends who have supported the club over the years. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

4 - Has won the division

No sense re-typing. This sums it up fairly nicely.

I also take issue with the thread title. You make a fair request Baszab but show right away, by using "Jokanovic lovers" in the title, that you'll not be taking anything said seriously. Not all who support his being given a fair chance love Jokanovic. Most, it seems to me, just believe that he should be allowed to bring in players to build a team that can play his way. He's already said time and again that this lot aren't capable of it and he's had simplify the tactics so that they can compete. Think about that for a moment. These are highly paid professionals who, as a group, aren't capable of playing like the better teams in this league. They've proven that time and again this season. He should be judged upon his ability to build a team that can and to succeed with that team.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

rubbernecca

4 - Has won the division

Agree completely and would add the point that dropping him now would be another big serving of management misery. Can't really see another decent option at this point.

Hoppus

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 26, 2016, 01:12:38 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on April 26, 2016, 12:16:00 PM
4 - Has won the division

Amen!

Thanks mate that is the biggest insult I have ever been given on this site even in jest. Accused of wanting the side to lose and not posting when we win because I so want us to do badly. I thank you and so would my family and friends who have supported the club over the years. 
[/