more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jakonovic lovers - please list your reasons for keeping him next season

Started by Baszab, April 24, 2016, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 01:41:44 PM
I am amazed that anyone could have been looking forward to our future with SJ after watching yesterday's pathetic shambolic display
All I could see was glum faces and total dismay - especially in the directors' box

I am amazed that anyone thinks constant changing of managers is a good idea. 

Baszab

I am amazed that anyone could think that we stick with what we've got because "it must turn out better in the end" ?

What is the logic in that ?

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 02:03:13 PM
I am amazed that anyone could think that we stick with what we've got because "it must turn out better in the end" ?

What is the logic in that ?

No, im thinking stick with what we`ve got because its unfair to judge a manager when he walks into a club halfway through a season. Especially when that clubs been on a downward spiral for so long like ours. Its going to take time to change.

Your logic seems to be "lets keep changing manager until we hopefully find one that can completely change the mentality and style of play of the team straight away and then carry on winning". Its abit unrealistic isn't it?

J.Perkins

He has inherited an abomination of a team.

The areas which were key for his style of play are missing.

He slags off the team because they are playing atrociously, not giving any effort at all.

The players most liked Symons because he was easy, happy with points at Charlton and MK.

Sacking him would mean another manager having to try and evaluate the squad, with no primary knowledge on it.

He wanted to join us, knowing of our situation, knowing that we had an embargo, because he is up for the challenge.

He job was never anything more than keep us up this season, for which he would've succeeded.

He managed to keep hold of McCormack and Dembele, against all the odds. I can guarantee that Symons would have never been that adamant.

He doesn't keep the same team because he has tried countless styles of play, dissolving down to keeping it "simple" because it "confuses the players".

It is not his fault that the players gave 10% against Forrest.

He is our future, and a future I look forward to after the mess Magath and Symons caused.

Plus, the joke of a manager that Symons was had a chance to build a team. Why shouldn't SJ?

Oakeshott

Statto

I agree with you that the fact J had success with Watford is a reason to think he is the right man. But primary for me is the evidence of what he has done for us.

We've had some very poor performances while he has been in charge but in most we have looked more purposeful, fitter and team-like than we ever did under Kit.

And, difficult to prove of course, but from J's demeanour and what he says after matches it is clear to me that he is very angry that, despite the best efforts of himself and his coaching staff, he cannot get consistently adequate performances from some members of the team, ie we have proved to be a weaker squad then he had anticipated. If I am right I expect to see a very considerable clear out, as he seeks to get rid of those who either lack the competence or commitment to play as he wants us to, and bring in others who can.

It remains possible that Lighthouse and others will be proved right and that well before the end of next season we will be no better off than we are now (and thank goodness there are three teams this season even less capable than us). But most of us not only hope, but expect on the basis of what we have seen, that next season will be very much better.

westcliff white

I cannot believe anyone things we should have an 8th manager in 3 and a half years. We need stability and give a manager time to build.

I was no Kit fan but for me having kept him he should have seen the season out, but we made the change and SJ should have the opportunity to buy the players he wants (much as Kit did) and to put them into the style he wants to play. The big mistake was taking 2 months to get SJ, they should have kept Kit and made no change till they knew he would be ready to start. Could have been a different situation then, alas we will never know for sure
Every day is a Fulham day

Classic94

What absolute nonsense. Some facts; Joka has inherited a bunch of playboys with little cohesion and a s***house attitude. Many of these players are a cancer to this football club. At least give Joka a chance to weed out the mercenaries and build a team.

@jolslover

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 24, 2016, 01:18:15 PM
Joka

Played 22, Won 6, Drawn 6, Lost 10  - Win 22%.....from 22 games 24 points (66 points max)

Warnock

Played 14, Won 6,   Drawn 6,   Lost 2 - Win 42.6%.......from 14 games 24 points (42 points max)

Are Rotherham a better team than ours?

Rotherham were below us before Joka took over

Is it quite simply that Warnock is a better manager than Joka?

Warnock the better manager to come in and make an instant impact, gets the lads fired up. But no way near as a good a coach, hes a motivator. But he wont build anything long term, If  he took over Rotherham at the start of the season he would have been sacked by January. Watch how he does next season, relegation battle again.
STH H3

Baszab

I am not sure what the last observation is based on

When KS was sacked we were P 16 - 5W 5D and 6L - 8 points off 6th place - not a bad position for  new squad with a rookie manager - ready to develop as a unit

I think you will find that many of our players have developed a poor attitude since the appointment of the Messiah

J.Perkins

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 03:30:37 PM
I am not sure what the last observation is based on

When KS was sacked we were P 16 - 5W 5D and 6L - 8 points off 6th place - not a bad position for  new squad with a rookie manager - ready to develop as a unit

I think you will find that many of our players have developed a poor attitude since the appointment of the Messiah

If you still haven't developed over 16 games, you never will.

Baszab

Who KS or SJ ?
Because SJ hasn't developed over more than 20 games

snarks

1. He appears tactically aware
2. He tells it like it is
3. The team is generally better under him
4. He can see the weaknesses
5. He's not afraid to change starting line ups to suit teams
6. He accepts his own mistakes
7. He did a good job hanging on to moussa and Ross in January
8. He has a good record over his last 2 clubs

Those are my reasons for keeping him and not changing him, there may be others if I care to think long enough. Some will disagree, but I don't really care if you do, that's the joy of football, opinions. Having said that I was pro kit until removed, I'll be pro Slavisa until he's changed too.

Lighthouse

Quote from: snarks on April 24, 2016, 04:41:18 PM
1. He appears tactically aware
2. He tells it like it is
3. The team is generally better under him
4. He can see the weaknesses
5. He's not afraid to change starting line ups to suit teams
6. He accepts his own mistakes
7. He did a good job hanging on to moussa and Ross in January
8. He has a good record over his last 2 clubs

Those are my reasons for keeping him and not changing him, there may be others if I care to think long enough. Some will disagree, but I don't really care if you do, that's the joy of football, opinions. Having said that I was pro kit until removed, I'll be pro Slavisa until he's changed too.

All good points and some open to debate and disagreement. Shame it took three pages of posts for somebody to come up with interesting positive points. But proof it can be done.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

Quote from: Baszab on April 24, 2016, 03:59:39 PM
Who KS or SJ ?
Because SJ hasn't developed over more than 20 games

Ain't SJs team. Symons job to develop it.

J.Perkins

I take you all back to the mess of a squad Sanchez produced. Roy came in, and was struggling to get it to work. Scraped over the line, made a few major changes and created a strong PL team.

Fast forward 8 years, and you have the same situation now.

Bassey the warrior

I'm backing him because he deserves a chance to mould his own team. Also because we need stability.

fulhams_finest

kind of agree with the original poster we have had so many team changes it just comes across like he has no clue and he has been given a hell of a lot longer than meulensteen - I remain undecided but hope he's what you guys think he is because it's getting tougher and tougher to watch

PokerMatt

Follow me: @mattdjourno

JPCL

Joka has proved he can get teams out this division, with the summer ahead he'll know whats needed to sustain a promotion push next season, apart from Cairney every Symons signing has been average at best.