more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 21, 2016, 09:21:56 AM
Cairney to Brighton for £3m next month???? Anyone seen anything about this? Was told this by a Brighton fan so it could just be a wind up.
N* F****** C*****

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on December 21, 2016, 09:36:44 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2016, 08:51:47 AM
Not sure I'd gamble on Hogan. Past injures and ok hes been hot for Brentford this calendar year but hardly proven.

+1

Looks sharp as anybody what I've seen of him,wouldn't worry too much about His past injury,we could spend 10 million on another and he could break his leg first game...

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 21, 2016, 09:43:09 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 21, 2016, 09:36:44 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2016, 08:51:47 AM
Not sure I'd gamble on Hogan. Past injures and ok hes been hot for Brentford this calendar year but hardly proven.

+1

Looks sharp as anybody what I've seen of him,wouldn't worry too much about His past injury,we could spend 10 million on another and he could break his leg first game...
Given LVC's history and you were looking at buying him would you be concerned by his hamstring history or ignore it?

Mince n Tatties

The point is lots of players have history of injuries, the point is he is looking good and free from them now,and in my opinion far better than most strikers in the league so take a chance.
And like I've said already anybody could get injured first game.

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 21, 2016, 09:55:28 AM
The point is lots of players have history of injuries, the point is he is looking good and free from them now,and in my opinion far better than most strikers in the league so take a chance.
And like I've said already anybody could get injured first game.

Any player can get injured thats correct. But you can mitigate against ones with history, otherwise why have medicals?
He might be worth a gamble for a team at £1m maybe £2m, but at the prices being quoted thats ridiculous for someone with his 'short term' record.

Mince n Tatties

Yes agree about the price,these quotes are getting out of hand.
That's why I'd like to see us go back in for Jason Cummings of  Hibs who we were interested in the summer window.2 million would get him.

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 21, 2016, 10:05:00 AM
Yes agree about the price,these quotes are getting out of hand.
That's why I'd like to see us go back in for Jason Cummings of  Hibs who we were interested in the summer window.2 million would get him.
Ok so we know the league is crap, BUT at least he has done it 3 seasons on the trot.

@jolslover

Reading confirmed as the club that has bid 9 mill for Hogan.
STH H3

MJG

£9M bid for Hogan from Reading according to good source on Twitter.

f321ffc

2m
Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
Reading boss Jaap Stam makes record £9m bid for Brentford goal machine Scott Hogan
:wow:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

twang

Quote from: f321ffc on December 21, 2016, 11:54:36 AM

2m
Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
Reading boss Jaap Stam makes record £9m bid for Brentford goal machine Scott Hogan
:wow:

That's quite a fee for someone whose contract is up this summer(?) and has Hogan's injury record.

I'm hoping we take a chance on Bogle. Hogan, Gray and Vardy are just a few examples of strikers from the lower leagues that has dominated the Championship recently.

@jolslover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxXwWINeVBU
Quick video showing all Hogans goals for Brentford this year if anyone wants to know more about him
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

He has stated in paper today wants to go to Premier club.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: AlexW132 on December 21, 2016, 01:31:04 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 21, 2016, 12:40:48 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on December 20, 2016, 11:43:36 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 20, 2016, 10:32:43 PM
RB Leipzig interested in Ryan Sessegnon

Hopefully Ryan realizes he's better off at a genuine club rather than a Red Bull ad campaign.

You mean potential Bundesliga champion? Or potential Bundesliga Champions Lge representative? Look down on them if you will but, if they maintain their form, they're certainly far more than an ad campaign.

And while we're at it, EVERY major professional club is an ad campaign for someone or something. Why treat them differently?

Don't get me wrong. They're a good club on the pitch, and I can see them becoming a dominant force for years to come. However I believe what they do is morally wrong. They buy out a club, rebrand it with Red Bull logos and pour in the money. They starve all the other clubs of their young talent by paying ridiculous money, i.e. Timo Werner, Oliver Burke, Davie Selke, etc. and as a result glide through the divisions with ease. Yes, what they do in terms of youth development is admirable, but that's about as far as it goes. It's no surprise they are top of the Bundesliga right now, and in my opinion they could be the new Bayern in the future in terms of dominance. At the end of the day, RB's purpose is to sell an energy drink. The only reason they are RB Leipzig and not Red Bull is because the DFB won't allow it. Just imagine, would you be happy if we were called Red Bull Fulham? or Visit Florida Fulham? I would never EVER want us to become anything like that, even if it meant we became Premier League champions. At the end of the day, football is about fans and not anything else.

I'm no fan of this way of creating a club. It does have an air of "synthetic" to it, if you know what I mean.

I was more thinking of it from a player's perspective. Big money, Bundesliga, possible B'liga champs, Champions Lge. Plus, they have no reservations about playing their young talent. "If you're good enough, you're old enough." kind of mentality, it seems. That's a lot of boxes that get ticked for a player. Can be a very compelling situation.

I believe, and hope, that Ryan and his brother see their futures here for some time to come. But if we are compelled to sell any of our young ones, I hope it's to a club that's as free spending as RB.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Riversider

I like Hogan, I really do and think that he is exactly he type of striker that we need, I'd be interested to know how many goal scoring chances have we created this season compared to Brentford !
I'm fairly certain the answer will be "far more" ! So if Brentford can make him look good imagine what we would do to him !
Interesting that all the posters on here that insist we should spend £9 million on Chris Martin in January are the same ones saying "no thanks" to Scott Hogan !!! Work that one out,
I'd try and kill two birds with one stone and offer money + Cauley Woodrow for him, well you never know !
I would seriously try to entice the person that is responsible for all the scouting at Brentford as well as he has unearthed some gems these last few years from the lower leagues which is an area that we don't currently move in.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on December 21, 2016, 02:01:36 PM

Interesting that all the posters on here that insist we should spend £9 million on Chris Martin in January are the same ones saying "no thanks" to Scott Hogan !!! Work that one out,

Not sure what there is to work out.
Two very different players and one with a proven record in this league beyond 30 games since March.

MJG

Quick comparison of the two players. As i said very different in there skill set

colinwhite

Martin is an astute target man with a deft touch and the ability to play in our other players,or as Slavisa would say "our platform forward" that we build our attacking combination play around. Hogan plays off the shoulder of the last defender and is always looking to get in behind.
perhaps Hogan could be the other type of forward we need and comparisons seem irrelivant. Jokanovic clearly rates him and called him a "very dangerous striker " in the prematch interview before the Brentford game . Everything comes down to cost but he could be the perfect compliment to the squad.

Riverside

Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2016, 11:54:12 AM
£9M bid for Hogan from Reading according to good source on Twitter.

So £9mn for Martin really is the going rate !
I hope that we do make him permanent in Jan rather than lose him and take a punt at someone new .

Then yes we need back up but Saturday I think showed that we have options that aren't Smith or Woodrow
2nd priority for Jan would be to secure Piazon for the rest of the season of on a permeant deal .

For me we will only get better the less change we have in the squad ......
We are beginning to look like a TEAM

Riversider

But as I've already pointed out, to all the experts that want to spend £9 million on Martin now, why not continue the loan to the summer and use the money on a player like Hogan, that way you have two options up top,
Perfect sense to me.
Why would anybody want Fulham Football Club to put all their options in one basket ?
We need another striker who wants to argue against that ?