watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

I think Hogan > Martin but thats just me. Seen him in 5 games this season at Griffin park and on Sky and his off the ball movement is brilliant, Creates chances for himself and fast as anything. My mate whos a Brentford season ticket holder says he's the best player he's seen play for Brentford in past 5 years and better than Gray.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: f321ffc on December 21, 2016, 09:44:46 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/21/fulham-wigan-join-chase-for-tshibola/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

I would be happy with this, We need another creative DM as Parker and Mcdonald isn't creative enough so we need backup if Johansen gets injured. Tshibola good at breaking up opposition play and keeping the ball.
STH H3

We Are Premier League

Will we go up this season, well there is always a chance but we will have to be unbelievably lucky with this squad. I think we need (not that we will get) the below to be in with a realistic chance of reaching the playoff final.

#1 Forwards for starting 11
A forward that can play together, and equally important instead of, Martin. We can't afford a class forward on the bench so we need a "10 goal" forward that can play alongside Martin but also replace him in the event of injury/suspension etc.
(Dominic Solanke? Hal Robson-Kanu?)

#2 Central defender for starting eleven
I had high hope for or Icelandic hero but feel let down, a new partner to Kalas is needed.
(James Tarkowski? Grant Hanley?)

#3 First choice Goalkeeper
Button is a decent Championship keeper but not strong enough to win us the extra points needed for a promotion.
(Asmir Begovic? Wayne Hennessey? Kristoffer Nordfeldt?

#4 Central Midfield squad player
Johansen and McD have been class but they will be suspended, injured and tired. Parker is unfortunately no longer good enough to be third choice.
(Ruben Loftus-Cheek? Aaron Tshibola)

filham

Quote from: mlangstrom on December 21, 2016, 11:06:09 PM
Will we go up this season, well there is always a chance but we will have to be unbelievably lucky with this squad. I think we need (not that we will get) the below to be in with a realistic chance of reaching the playoff final.

A forward that can play together, and equally important instead of, Martin. We can't afford a class forward on the bench so we need a "10 goal" forward that can play alongside Martin but also replace him in the event of injury/suspension etc.

I had high hope for or Icelandic hero but feel let down, a new partner to Kalas is needed.

Button is a decent Championship keeper but not strong enough to win us the extra points needed for a promotion.

Johansen and McD have been class but they will be suspended, injured and tired. Parker is unfortunately no longer good enough to be third choice.

That is a very good summary of the situation but I doubt if we can afford to spend all of the required money as well as finding the £9m for Martin. We really have to give up on Martin at that price and spend elsewhere.

FulhamStu

Quote from: filham on December 22, 2016, 01:03:19 PM

That is a very good summary of the situation but I doubt if we can afford to spend all of the required money as well as finding the £9m for Martin. We really have to give up on Martin at that price and spend elsewhere.
[/quote

Totally agree apart from Kanu.

AlexW132

Begovic and Hennessey way out of our range.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on December 21, 2016, 04:25:26 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 21, 2016, 03:52:43 PM
But as I've already pointed out, to all the experts that want to spend £9 million on Martin now, why not continue the loan to the summer and use the money on a player like Hogan, that way you have two options up top,
Perfect sense to me.
Why would anybody want Fulham Football Club to put all their options in one basket ?
We need another striker who wants to argue against that ?

here's a few reasons which I think were mentioned the other day but to repeat...

1. As far as I'm aware this idea that signing another striker is contingent on us not signing martin is merely speculation by you

2. if not signed permanently, martin won't be available for at least the 6-pointer v derby in april and, if we make the play-offs, 1 or 2 games against them then

3. if not signed in January, the option to sign for £9m may not be exercisable in the summer (again as far as I'm aware you're just speculating about the terms of the deal)

4. there's a good chance that having to commit his future to Fulham will have a positive effect on the player's focus and performance for the rest of the season

Loving your great authority and your complete certainty of Point 2, which as we all know is complete and utter ******ks !

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on December 22, 2016, 03:40:42 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 22, 2016, 03:24:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 21, 2016, 04:25:26 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 21, 2016, 03:52:43 PM
But as I've already pointed out, to all the experts that want to spend £9 million on Martin now, why not continue the loan to the summer and use the money on a player like Hogan, that way you have two options up top,
Perfect sense to me.
Why would anybody want Fulham Football Club to put all their options in one basket ?
We need another striker who wants to argue against that ?

here's a few reasons which I think were mentioned the other day but to repeat...

1. As far as I'm aware this idea that signing another striker is contingent on us not signing martin is merely speculation by you

2. if not signed permanently, martin won't be available for at least the 6-pointer v derby in april and, if we make the play-offs, 1 or 2 games against them then

3. if not signed in January, the option to sign for £9m may not be exercisable in the summer (again as far as I'm aware you're just speculating about the terms of the deal)

4. there's a good chance that having to commit his future to Fulham will have a positive effect on the player's focus and performance for the rest of the season

Loving your great authority and your complete certainty of Point 2, which as we all know is complete and utter ******ks !

this is somewhat ironic because points 1, 3 and 4 are admittedly all matters on which we're both speculating but we can be pretty certain about point 2.
I'm hearing that Martin is going back, might see a certain family member next week so I'll try and find out
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Tunnicliffe wanted by QPR. Martin going nowhere.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jims Dentist

Quote from: FPT on December 20, 2016, 11:48:34 AM
I like the links to Ben Marshall, been a fan of his for a while. Can play either wing and has played right back for an extended spell recently for Blackburn which is all nice cover (I know we have both Fredericks and Odoi but in any case we may want to go to three at the back - it's a more offensive focused and more knowledgeable player going forward at wing back).

Just spitballing ideas; I would have no qualms with James Tarkowski. We were linked in Kit's one and only summer, I think as an alternative to Lewis Dunk and we ended up with both Tim Ream and Richard Stearman. He has since moved to Burnley but not frequently used (little over 100 minutes for them this season). He's left footed, good on the ball and would make a nice partner for Tomas Kalas both in and out of possession. I did hear inklings of wanting to be closer to home when he moved to Brentford in the winter window last year, plus Burnley may wish to keep him as a ready made replacement for Michael Keane seeing the rumours swirling around in that case.

Marcus Bettinelli to Cardiff is interesting. Story says he'd go to be their number on loan which is good news for him and his development.

Omar Bogle is an odd one, scoring lower down but always the question if he can score after jumping up two divisions. It is reminiscent of Andre Gray going to Brentford, Gray was the same age as Bogle is now when he moved to Brentford and that was without any Football League experience. At least Bogle has bagged 16 in 18 matches at League Two level. Martin will be our number one striker, but I do like getting in someone like Bogle who will develop training at this level alone and will provide a different exciting option to Chris Martin.
FPT, as always a great post.
Your assessments of the players and the current situation pretty much mirrors mine.

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 23, 2016, 09:17:01 AM
Defoe to West Ham 6 million
We should offer £8m.  He will get us 18 goals between Jan & May.
COYW----- Make it happen!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

TWFL

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 23, 2016, 01:09:29 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 23, 2016, 09:17:01 AM
Defoe to West Ham 6 million
We should offer £8m.  He will get us 18 goals between Jan & May.
COYW----- Make it happen!!

He'll be on exorbitant wages and won't want to drop down to the Champ

f321ffc

Back  in for Enrich?
The Liga‏ @fichajespain Fulham and Watford want to incorporate into its ranks of Sergi Enrich, from Eibar.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

@jolslover

Quote from: f321ffc on December 25, 2016, 12:05:36 PM
Back  in for Enrich?
The Liga‏ @fichajespain Fulham and Watford want to incorporate into its ranks of Sergi Enrich, from Eibar.
Would be happy with this, More mobile than Martin and got a lower minutes per goal ratio in a better league.
STH H3

westcliff white

Back  in for Enrich?
wasn't he involved in some sex tape scandal / story this season
Every day is a Fulham day

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: westcliff white on December 25, 2016, 05:10:50 PM
Back  in for Enrich?
wasn't he involved in some sex tape scandal / story this season

Honestly, the way I see it is that any sort of sex tape or scandal is his personal business (so long as it wasn't with another teammates spouse or causes a rift within the squad) and if it is in the past let it stay there. If he can add positive play to our attacking options, be a more clinical front man, and get us the points to retain a Top 6 spot then he is well worth the money and risk.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"