watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2484549/fulham-join-qpr-wigan-and-barnsley-in-hunt-for-millwall-striker-aiden-obrien/

Says we're after Millwalls Aiden O'Brien. Can't say I would be happy with this. His goal record has been decent in League 1 but so was Matt Smiths. His goal record was very poor when he was in the championship with Millwall.
STH H3

AlexW132

Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2016, 06:07:39 PM
Quote from: TimoFFC on December 27, 2016, 05:52:38 PM
HITC says we want Nouha Dicko from Wolves

Here is the link http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/27/por-turkish-side-and-championship-duo-eye-wolves-striker-dicko/

I follow Wolves a lot and I have to say if this was 2 years ago I would be over the moon. Dicko was a pacey,powerful,skillful striker who caused championship defenders a heap of problems.
Since then he has missed a year of action due to injury and this season has failed to score a single goal since hes been back. He does not look the same striker he once was and looks much slower than he was.
If we could somehow get the original Dicko I would be very pleased but I feel we would he paying for qualities the player doesn't have anymore.
So its a tough one. Hes a player I really like but I just dont think hes the same player he once was. Maybe worth a gamble, Probably not.
But if we could get him back to his pre-injury form it would be a great signing.

When we bought Johansen, it was after he had an awful season, and it looked like that was what we were getting. And yet we ended up with the Celtic player of the year kind of Johansen from 2 years ago instead. So you never know.

@jolslover

Quote from: AlexW132 on December 27, 2016, 07:26:06 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2016, 06:07:39 PM
Quote from: TimoFFC on December 27, 2016, 05:52:38 PM
HITC says we want Nouha Dicko from Wolves

Here is the link http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/27/por-turkish-side-and-championship-duo-eye-wolves-striker-dicko/

I follow Wolves a lot and I have to say if this was 2 years ago I would be over the moon. Dicko was a pacey,powerful,skillful striker who caused championship defenders a heap of problems.
Since then he has missed a year of action due to injury and this season has failed to score a single goal since hes been back. He does not look the same striker he once was and looks much slower than he was.
If we could somehow get the original Dicko I would be very pleased but I feel we would he paying for qualities the player doesn't have anymore.
So its a tough one. Hes a player I really like but I just dont think hes the same player he once was. Maybe worth a gamble, Probably not.
But if we could get him back to his pre-injury form it would be a great signing.

When we bought Johansen, it was after he had an awful season, and it looked like that was what we were getting. And yet we ended up with the Celtic player of the year kind of Johansen from 2 years ago instead. So you never know.

Yeah but that was just a case of form, not a major injury. I'm still a big Dicko fan and if we signed him wouldn't complain!
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2016, 10:54:03 AM
Quote from: FPT on December 27, 2016, 09:51:04 AM
Quote from: Jonnoj on December 27, 2016, 12:32:28 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 26, 2016, 10:51:27 PM
Anyway. After a good win today I'll post my possible dream window.

We extend Piazons loan to the end of the season and sign Martin permanently.
We bring in a back up striker on loan. Possibly Bamford whos loan deal at Burnley is finishing. Or we look for a pacey striker abroad
We bring in Bassong. A big CB who is still capable of playing it out the back (important in our current system)
We bring in a creative defensive midfielder on loan. Someone like Tom Carroll or Hyndman (Who I think would fit the way we play now very well). Both these players posses creativity and have/would thrive in possession based systems.
Bassong?? Norwich fans would drive him here in a flash! One of the most calamitous defenders you'll see. We need no nonsense dependable and strong in the air defenders - Hanley
maybe....

Just a note on this: if we cared about fan opinion, we wouldn't have signed Scott Malone or Stefan Johansen. Kevin McDonald had his doubters at Wolves. Chris Martin wasn't wanted by many a Derby supporter.

Sebastien Bassong is a very good central defender at this level, is physically very impressive, genuinely left footed, decent on the ball and powerful. He's one of those players, for me, that's balances on that Premier League to Championship ability player. He's ideal for a side going for promotion, but not a player you could take into the Premier League with you.

+1

+2
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Dicko,Bassong..What?
Please let's aim a bit higher.

dannyboi-ffc

If Stoke don't renegotiate a move to extend the loan for Grant from Derby, I would go for him. Been around a long time and a reliable keeper Derby have Carson now so I doubt he will want to go back.

Grant
Bassong
Marshall
Dicko
Piazon extended
Martin permanent

Betts out if we sign a keeper
Smith out
Woodrow out
Tunnicliffe out

I'd be happy with something like that

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

@jolslover

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 27, 2016, 09:13:14 PM
If Stoke don't renegotiate a move to extend the loan for Grant from Derby, I would go for him. Been around a long time and a reliable keeper Derby have Carson now so I doubt he will want to go back.

Grant
Bassong
Marshall
Dicko
Piazon extended
Martin permanent

Betts out if we sign a keeper
Smith out
Woodrow out
Tunnicliffe out

I'd be happy with something like that

Agree.
STH H3

BestOfBrede

Thank god that Slavisa is in charge is all I can say!

Jonnoj

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 27, 2016, 09:41:05 PM
Quite, I hope these guys aren't replacing Rigg any time soon, has anyone seen Bassing play at Norwich? He used to look good at spurs at times but he's been consistently crap at Norwich. Not just fan opinion.

@jolslover

Quote from: Jonnoj on December 27, 2016, 10:04:37 PM
Quite, I hope these guys aren't replacing Rigg any time soon, has anyone seen Bassing play at Norwich? He used to look good at spurs at times but he's been consistently crap at Norwich. Not just fan opinion.

He was good at Watford in champ (Under Slavisa). I feel Norwich fans give him a lot of stick because he made errors in the premier league. However I believe he is a class CB at this level. As FPT said earlier, Fan opinion doesnt mean much to me as no Celtic fans rated Johansen and Cardiff fans hated Malone!
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

Hasnt Bassong been promoted 4 times? Yes hes also been relegated probably 3 times too but we arent in the prem. If Ciaren Clark is good enough for Newcastle then i dont get how Bassong would be a bad signing most likely for nothing.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Jonnoj

Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2016, 10:15:35 PM

He was good at Watford in champ (Under Slavisa). I feel Norwich fans give him a lot of stick because he made errors in the premier league. However I believe he is a class CB at this level. As FPT said earlier, Fan opinion doesnt mean much to me as no Celtic fans rated Johansen and Cardiff fans hated Malone!

He played a few times for Watford and was sent back to Norwich in the January.
He's been relegated 6 times and promoted once I think

@jolslover

Quote from: Jonnoj on December 27, 2016, 10:52:02 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2016, 10:15:35 PM

He played a few times for Watford and was sent back to Norwich in the January.
He's been relegated 6 times and promoted once I think

He was recalled by Norwich in January and was one of the reasons they got promoted. Playing every game (Bar 1) from when he got recalled till the end of the season
STH H3

Andy S

I have a funny feeling that it will be loans only during this window to keep in line with FFP.

westcliff white

Quote from: Andy S on December 27, 2016, 11:07:16 PM
I have a funny feeling that it will be loans only during this window to keep in line with FFP.
Cold be true rumour is we had or were very close to breaching the threshold if the rules had t changed. Now it's a rolling 3 years we are still borderline but would be incredibly hard to punish us for the same year twice. Ross's fee keeps us under this last year I believe
Every day is a Fulham day

AlexW132

Well I think a Martin permanent is a given, but other than that I agree

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on December 28, 2016, 12:48:23 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2016, 11:11:59 PM
Cold be true rumour is we had or were very close to breaching the threshold if the rules had t changed. Now it's a rolling 3 years we are still borderline but would be incredibly hard to punish us for the same year twice. Ross's fee keeps us under this last year I believe

Based on ins and outs this year I can't believe we're near breaching it... if we're anywhere near then it will be just because the chairman has been too tight to pay the part he's committed to contribute. But one thing I did hear on here the other day is, well the gist of it was, the current 3 yr period include the 2014/15 season where we breached the rules, so somewhere in the two seasons since we have to make that up or we get sanctioned again
The last part is what I just said mate, hard to punish us (and others) twice for the same incident but under different rules. I think the first year we were down we were exempt (or had a larger leeway) on FFP, but that exemption goes after the first year. So the rolling 3 year brings it back into play so to speak. Maybe not anything to do with SK but a unfortunate circumstance of events due to the change in the rules. I would think any club would argue against being sanctioned twice for the same thing, although Luton got shafted twice for the same thing I think, and as for the first year think that also could be a good argument.

westcliff white

Apparently Middlesboro have told Villa that Rhodes will cost 12 million. From sky sports website, the live transfer news thing. Was updated yesterday

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.