Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on December 25, 2016, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on December 25, 2016, 12:05:36 PM
Back  in for Enrich?
The Liga‏ @fichajespain Fulham and Watford want to incorporate into its ranks of Sergi Enrich, from Eibar.
wasn't he involved in some sex tape scandal / story this season

It was consensual, so don't see the problem.

westcliff white

Quote from: maoconnor on December 25, 2016, 05:55:55 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 25, 2016, 05:10:50 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on December 25, 2016, 12:05:36 PM
Back  in for Enrich?
The Liga‏ @fichajespain Fulham and Watford want to incorporate into its ranks of Sergi Enrich, from Eibar.
wasn't he involved in some sex tape scandal / story this season

Honestly, the way I see it is that any sort of sex tape or scandal is his personal business (so long as it wasn't with another teammates spouse or causes a rift within the squad) and if it is in the past let it stay there. If he can add positive play to our attacking options, be a more clinical front man, and get us the points to retain a Top 6 spot then he is well worth the money and risk.
I was asking as wasn't sure if it was anything at all, just remember something coming up on the board a while back
Every day is a Fulham day

J

Quote from: Statto on December 22, 2016, 03:40:42 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 22, 2016, 03:24:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 21, 2016, 04:25:26 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 21, 2016, 03:52:43 PM
But as I've already pointed out, to all the experts that want to spend £9 million on Martin now, why not continue the loan to the summer and use the money on a player like Hogan, that way you have two options up top,
Perfect sense to me.
Why would anybody want Fulham Football Club to put all their options in one basket ?
We need another striker who wants to argue against that ?

here's a few reasons which I think were mentioned the other day but to repeat...

1. As far as I'm aware this idea that signing another striker is contingent on us not signing martin is merely speculation by you

2. if not signed permanently, martin won't be available for at least the 6-pointer v derby in april and, if we make the play-offs, 1 or 2 games against them then

3. if not signed in January, the option to sign for £9m may not be exercisable in the summer (again as far as I'm aware you're just speculating about the terms of the deal)

4. there's a good chance that having to commit his future to Fulham will have a positive effect on the player's focus and performance for the rest of the season

Loving your great authority and your complete certainty of Point 2, which as we all know is complete and utter ******ks !

this is somewhat ironic because points 1, 3 and 4 are admittedly all matters on which we're both speculating but we can be pretty certain about point 2.

You forgot to mention (/repeat):

5. Part of the 9m has been paid already as a loan fee (3m??) and so would only be paying ~6m now to complete the deal

bill taylors apprentice

Anyone who is calmer and more accurate in front of goal (wherever he plays) and someone more commanding at the back i.e a keeper or CB will do for me!

Easy!

@jolslover

Anyway. After a good win today I'll post my possible dream window.

We extend Piazons loan to the end of the season and sign Martin permanently.
We bring in a back up striker on loan. Possibly Bamford whos loan deal at Burnley is finishing. Or we look for a pacey striker abroad
We bring in Bassong. A big CB who is still capable of playing it out the back (important in our current system)
We bring in a creative defensive midfielder on loan. Someone like Tom Carroll or Hyndman (Who I think would fit the way we play now very well). Both these players posses creativity and have/would thrive in possession based systems.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 26, 2016, 11:17:56 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 26, 2016, 10:51:27 PM

We bring in a back up striker on loan. Possibly Bamford whos loan deal at Burnley is finishing. Or we look for a pacey striker abroad
We bring in Bassong. A big CB who is still capable of playing it out the back (important in our current system)
We bring in a creative defensive midfielder on loan. Someone like Tom Carroll or Hyndman (Who I think would fit the way we play now very well). Both these players posses creativity and have/would thrive in possession based systems.

I agreed with this until I got to... Hyndnan. Please no! Even if he were good enough I wouldn't want us humiliating ourselves by going back to someone who thought they were better than us. But in any case, he's slow, lightweight and scared of tackling. The antithesis of someone like johansen, and not in a complimentary way. Surely He'd ruin everything that's good about the team at the moment

Personally I'd prioritise a GK over a DM

Fair enough. Agree to disagree with Hyndman but can understand where you're coming from with the first part of your argument. Thought it would be controversial!
STH H3

jimmyc19

Chris David on a flight to London today. Been linked with a return to us on a couple of occasions.

Jonnoj

Bassong?? Norwich fans would drive him here in a flash! One of the most calamitous defenders you'll see. We need no nonsense dependable and strong in the air defenders - Hanley
maybe....

cmg

Quote from: jimmyc19 on December 27, 2016, 12:11:20 AM
Chris David on a flight to London today. Been linked with a return to us on a couple of occasions.

If he was coming to London, I suspect that his destination would have been Harley St.
After a year recovering from a torn ACL, the poor kid tore it again in his second come-back friendly last month. He now faces another year out of action.
Terrible news. Good luck and best wishes to him.

FPT

Quote from: Jonnoj on December 27, 2016, 12:32:28 AM

Bassong?? Norwich fans would drive him here in a flash! One of the most calamitous defenders you'll see. We need no nonsense dependable and strong in the air defenders - Hanley
maybe....

Just a note on this: if we cared about fan opinion, we wouldn't have signed Scott Malone or Stefan Johansen. Kevin McDonald had his doubters at Wolves. Chris Martin wasn't wanted by many a Derby supporter.

Sebastien Bassong is a very good central defender at this level, is physically very impressive, genuinely left footed, decent on the ball and powerful. He's one of those players, for me, that's balances on that Premier League to Championship ability player. He's ideal for a side going for promotion, but not a player you could take into the Premier League with you.

@jolslover

Quote from: FPT on December 27, 2016, 09:51:04 AM
Quote from: Jonnoj on December 27, 2016, 12:32:28 AM

maybe....

Just a note on this: if we cared about fan opinion, we wouldn't have signed Scott Malone or Stefan Johansen. Kevin McDonald had his doubters at Wolves. Chris Martin wasn't wanted by many a Derby supporter.

Sebastien Bassong is a very good central defender at this level, is physically very impressive, genuinely left footed, decent on the ball and powerful. He's one of those players, for me, that's balances on that Premier League to Championship ability player. He's ideal for a side going for promotion, but not a player you could take into the Premier League with you.

+1
STH H3

Fulham Tup North

Bassong would be a decent addition to our squad.  He will always put in a solid performance.  Whats his Discipline record like?  I seem to remember him getting quite a few yellows a few seasons back.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Hoppus

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 27, 2016, 11:49:18 AM
Bassong would be a decent addition to our squad.  He will always put in a solid performance.  Whats his Discipline record like?  I seem to remember him getting quite a few yellows a few seasons back.

Not my first choice.
I read on Twitter that we want to sign Rob Kiernan (Rangers). Anyone rate him?

HillFace

Quote from: mkras99 on December 27, 2016, 12:40:45 PM
http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/fulham-considering-move-for-kiernan/

Oh God no. I know Rangers fans that would want Senderos starting ahead of him. I've seen him a couple of times, live and on telly and he is not a footballer. Complete liability and not even close to the standard of our current defence. For a comparison, Shaun Hutchison is twice the defender he is, imo.
The above may be nonsense

@jolslover

Hopefully there isn't much in the Kiernan link. Doesn't sound like the type of player we would go for under Slavisa
STH H3

cmg

Quote from: HillFace on December 27, 2016, 02:25:18 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on December 27, 2016, 12:40:45 PM
http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/12/fulham-considering-move-for-kiernan/

Oh God no. I know Rangers fans that would want Senderos starting ahead of him. I've seen him a couple of times, live and on telly and he is not a footballer. Complete liability and not even close to the standard of our current defence. For a comparison, Shaun Hutchison is twice the defender he is, imo.

Not the least ludicrous aspect being the notion that £2m. might be required to secure his services when, in fact, they would probably bite your hands off if offered a box of Tunnock's Tea Cakes and a crate of Irn Bru.
This isn't the first time we have been 'connected' with some Rangers' waste product. It reads like the kind of kite flying employed by a used car dealer desperate to unload some sticky stock.
You still there, Mr Warburton? 

TimoFFC

callumc513

Agree with all of these except Bassong, possibly the worst defender in the league.

@jolslover

Quote from: TimoFFC on December 27, 2016, 05:52:38 PM
HITC says we want Nouha Dicko from Wolves

Here is the link http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/27/por-turkish-side-and-championship-duo-eye-wolves-striker-dicko/

I follow Wolves a lot and I have to say if this was 2 years ago I would be over the moon. Dicko was a pacey,powerful,skillful striker who caused championship defenders a heap of problems.
Since then he has missed a year of action due to injury and this season has failed to score a single goal since hes been back. He does not look the same striker he once was and looks much slower than he was.
If we could somehow get the original Dicko I would be very pleased but I feel we would he paying for qualities the player doesn't have anymore.
So its a tough one. Hes a player I really like but I just dont think hes the same player he once was. Maybe worth a gamble, Probably not.
But if we could get him back to his pre-injury form it would be a great signing.
STH H3