more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhowells21

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 29, 2016, 11:30:29 PM
Brentford turn down Reading's bid for Hogan.

Wow.. That's serious money. What do they want for him! My god.

Makes Martin @ 9m look even better than before..

f321ffc

I suppose it was only a matter of time before this one came up, he did well when with them before so could be true, I like Matt so if true I wish him well. COYW

TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham
Bristol City are interested in signing Fulham striker Matt Smith. #ffc #BristolCity 
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ScalleysDad

Quote from: f321ffc on December 30, 2016, 10:24:31 AM
I suppose it was only a matter of time before this one came up, he did well when with them before so could be true, I like Matt so if true I wish him well. COYW

TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham
Bristol City are interested in signing Fulham striker Matt Smith. #ffc #BristolCity

Matt Smith was bordering on 'possibly legendary' status on the terraces at Bristol and featured in the local news regularly. He certainly clicked there far better than he has, and ever will, under SJ. The old saying never go back could apply but I think he has to go somewhere and #bristol, a sort of combined sports initiative for the city, beckons.

FPT

I've written on two separate occasions on this board about signing Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth. Just thought I'd post it in here given the Martin fallout (links below). I would not be surprised though to see us renew interest in Sergi Enrich.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=56920.msg819710#msg819710

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=56775.msg817016#msg817016

f321ffc

Looks like we're going to need two strikers coming in now due to that Tw@t Martin.
Let's hope we have some lined up. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

TXWhite

Has anybody heard anything about Omar Bogle? Heard he was at MP on deadline day, and is a tall, physical, pacy striker who can finish, and he would be affordable.

Riversider

I really liked the look of Izzy Brown the Chelsea loanee currently on loan at Rotherham, he was causing us all sorts of problems before his injury,
Unfortunately he is on a season long loan and as we all know you can't break out of those deals !
Maybe we can make Chelsea an offer in the summer if he continues to progress.

FPT

Lewis Grabban (one of my top picks for the Fulham striking position) is left out of the Bournemouth 18 at Swansea.

On Bogle: not heard anything concrete for a while - starts for Grimsby in their game today.

Jay Simpson (who we've been linked with more than once in the past 18 months I think) has handed in a transfer request at Leyton Orient. Not been linked with him for a while but perhaps something to keep an eye on with Matt Smith's future in question.

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on December 28, 2016, 12:48:23 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 27, 2016, 11:11:59 PM
Quote from: Andy S on December 27, 2016, 11:07:16 PM
I have a funny feeling that it will be loans only during this window to keep in line with FFP.
Cold be true rumour is we had or were very close to breaching the threshold if the rules had t changed. Now it's a rolling 3 years we are still borderline but would be incredibly hard to punish us for the same year twice. Ross's fee keeps us under this last year I believe

Based on ins and outs this year I can't believe we're near breaching it... if we're anywhere near then it will be just because the chairman has been too tight to pay the part he's committed to contribute. But one thing I did hear on here the other day is, well the gist of it was, the current 3 yr period include the 2014/15 season where we breached the rules, so somewhere in the two seasons since we have to make that up or we get sanctioned again

I thought it would be clear by now that the FFP rules are in place to stop wealthy owners from bankrolling their clubs losses, beyond a stipulated limit.

So we can make an operating lose unto the permitted amount but if Khan puts more money into the club than that, to finance a larger operating loss, we will be sanctioned.

So he can shell up the amount we still have in hand and that is it.

I would imagine someone is trying to assess the risk of spending more to wave goodbye to the Championship verses the penalty if we don't make it out of this division. Given the momentum we have now it might be seen as an opportunity to go for broke.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

f321ffc

Quote from: FPT on December 31, 2016, 03:42:05 PM
Lewis Grabban (one of my top picks for the Fulham striking position) is left out of the Bournemouth 18 at Swansea.

On Bogle: not heard anything concrete for a while - starts for Grimsby in their game today.

Jay Simpson (who we've been linked with more than once in the past 18 months I think) has handed in a transfer request at Leyton Orient. Not been linked with him for a while but perhaps something to keep an eye on with Matt Smith's future in question.

Lyall Thomas‏ @SkySportsLyall
#LeytonOrient striker Jay Simpson hands in transfer request
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on December 31, 2016, 05:22:01 PM
Quote from: Roberty on December 31, 2016, 03:53:31 PM
I have a funny feeling that it will be loans only during this window to keep in line with FFP.
Cold be true rumour is we had or were very close to breaching the threshold if the rules had t changed. Now it's a rolling 3 years we are still borderline but would be incredibly hard to punish us for the same year twice. Ross's fee keeps us under this last year I believe

Based on ins and outs this year I can't believe we're near breaching it... if we're anywhere near then it will be just because the chairman has been too tight to pay the part he's committed to contribute. But one thing I did hear on here the other day is, well the gist of it was, the current 3 yr period include the 2014/15 season where we breached the rules, so somewhere in the two seasons since we have to make that up or we get sanctioned again

I thought it would be clear by now that the FFP rules are in place to stop wealthy owners from bankrolling their clubs losses, beyond a stipulated limit.

So we can make an operating lose unto the permitted amount but if Khan puts more money into the club than that, to finance a larger operating loss, we will be sanctioned.

I would imagine someone is trying to assess the risk of spending more to wave goodbye to the Championship verses the penalty if we don't make it out of this division. Given the momentum we have now it might be seen as an opportunity to go for broke.

here we go again. the "stipulated limit" comprises two amounts mate, permitted losses plus a permitted chairman's contribution. our permitted losses for the 3 yrs up to and including this one would be £11m i believe, and the chairman's permitted contribution for the same period an additional £18m. so quote a big difference. and the point i'm making now (as it was all summer when we had this argument) is has he "shelled-out" that £18m.
shelled out 18mil? id be surprised if we didnt actually make a small profit in the summer window.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on December 31, 2016, 05:22:01 PM
Quote from: Roberty on December 31, 2016, 03:53:31 PM

here we go again. the "stipulated limit" comprises two amounts mate, permitted losses plus a permitted chairman's contribution. our permitted losses for the 3 yrs up to and including this one would be £11m i believe, and the chairman's permitted contribution for the same period an additional £18m. so quote a big difference. and the point i'm making now (as it was all summer when we had this argument) is has he "shelled-out" that £18m.

You still haven't read the rules, have you?

From this season ffp limit on losses in aggregated over a three year period. The maximum amount of unfunded loss is £15m during those there year.

If a club can show where the money is coming from, the owners pocket for instance, this limit increases to £39m during the three year rolling period.

If you average this it works out to £13m per year but presumably if we do overspend in any one year we would just need to provide believable projections as to how we would stay within the limit when it is aggregated over three seasons.

So in an average season a club can lose an unfunded £5m, but if the owner puts his hand in his pocket this rises to £13m. So this year he would need to fund an extra £8m to max out.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Having spoken to people at club the 14/15 season and our failure of it does not have any affect going forward.
This new 3 year rolling accounting started 15/16 and even tho we had the embargo last season that means nothing to it.

FFP is a mess and even clubs are having trouble understanding it.

HillingdonFFC

Few little rumours floating about regarding Mitrovic at Newcastle

Friendsoffulham

@gninniss @WhiteNoise1879 @FulhamfcNews Rumour heard at Reading was a certain Newcastle striker from Joka's homeland was being lined up

@jolslover

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 01, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

This would be the dream, However suspect if he left Newcastle it would be a premier league club.
STH H3

f321ffc

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2017, 02:43:32 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 01, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

This would be the dream, However suspect if he left Newcastle it would be a premier league club.

Rafa has said that he doesn't want to sell him, but as he's down the striker pecking order up there maybe a loan could be on the cards.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham Tup North

Rafa has said that he doesn't want to sell him, but as he's down the striker pecking order up there maybe a loan could be on the cards.

[/quote]
Yes, because loaning strikers is going so well for us this season!
Buy, Buy!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"