https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 04, 2017, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 04, 2017, 10:27:44 PM
(Sorry if came across blunt just giving my opinion). Like the suggestions though its good discussion!

Kasapoutous Philopitrous is available from Turkish league 3...lol
(Sorry if came across blunt just giving my opinion). Like the suggestions though its good discussion!

Out of the question Sir, the club couldn't fit his name on the back of the program, and the fans could never make up a song that would rhyme with his name, plus Scrabble would not allow it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 04, 2017, 10:56:44 PM
Sorry but didn't McCormack down tools like Martin to get a better contract and then leave after two years of a four year contract.

Also remember the embarrassing failure of the return of Dempsey.

Let's not go back. We need to look forward with a proper striker(s) who will get on the end of the crosses from Fredericks and Malone and through passes from midfield, ideally someone good enough or at least with the potential to be with us in the PL or an experienced Championship striker who will bridge the gap until we can get that top player.

Not 100% true no, downed tools to get his contract extension yes, but to sell him, was purely a business decision by the Club, and a good one at that, albeit they screwed up getting a replacement.

When Jokanovic flew out to Stockholm, and everyone put 2 and 2 together, thinking he was there to talk with Delaney, he wasn't, he actually met with Kahn, who was out there on Jags business.

It was then decided to sell Ross to a) relive pressure on FFP and to b) make funds available for rebuilding the squad.

In then end, I don't think Ross wanted to leave, but it came back to bite him, and I don't think Jokanovic wanted to lose him.

Fulham97

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2017, 11:05:12 PM

Out of the question Sir, the club couldn't fit his name on the back of the program, and the fans could never make up a song that would rhyme with his name, plus Scrabble would not allow it.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious.
If you say it loud enough he's bound to score us scorchers.
Supercalifragilisticexphilopitrous.

There you go, we have to sign him now.

Fulham Tup North

[/quote]

[/quote]

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious.

[/quote]
I expect you to buy his first shirt from the club shop.
Oh, and stop drinking your own urine!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

alexmur

Quote from: MJG on January 04, 2017, 07:38:52 PM
If Ross comes back watch Cairney go back into his shell. Ross is all about me me me
Mccontract made his bed and I'm happy to watch him stay in it, we can do better then him, but if we get him for 3 or 4 million It would be hard not to take him

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 04, 2017, 11:53:15 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]
I expect you to buy his first shirt from the club shop.
Oh, and stop drinking your own urine!!
[/quote]

I think it may be mine actually.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 04, 2017, 11:23:28 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 04, 2017, 10:56:44 PM
Sorry but didn't McCormack down tools like Martin to get a better contract and then leave after two years of a four year contract.

Also remember the embarrassing failure of the return of Dempsey.

Let's not go back. We need to look forward with a proper striker(s) who will get on the end of the crosses from Fredericks and Malone and through passes from midfield, ideally someone good enough or at least with the potential to be with us in the PL or an experienced Championship striker who will bridge the gap until we can get that top player.

Not 100% true no, downed tools to get his contract extension yes, but to sell him, was purely a business decision by the Club, and a good one at that, albeit they screwed up getting a replacement.

When Jokanovic flew out to Stockholm, and everyone put 2 and 2 together, thinking he was there to talk with Delaney, he wasn't, he actually met with Kahn, who was out there on Jags business.

It was then decided to sell Ross to a) relive pressure on FFP and to b) make funds available for rebuilding the squad.

In then end, I don't think Ross wanted to leave, but it came back to bite him, and I don't think Jokanovic wanted to lose him.

MCCormack did not have to leave. He could have stayed and seen out his four year contract. But his history says he moves on regularly. We will see what happens this window.

Roberty

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 05, 2017, 12:44:08 AM
MCCormack did not have to leave. He could have stayed and seen out his four year contract. But his history says he moves on regularly. We will see what happens this window.

History also shows that none of the teams he's played for ever won anything or got promoted
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Snibbo

Quote from: Roberty on January 05, 2017, 05:47:46 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 05, 2017, 12:44:08 AM

History also shows that none of the teams he's played for ever won anything or got promoted
Good point. Hence he's still plying his trade with mid-table Championship clubs

river phoenix

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/388059/new-hoops-star-kouassi-eboues-arrival-at-celtic-could-signal-the-end-for-hoops-midfielder-nir-bitton-with-fulham-in-the-hunt-for-his-signature/

COMINGS AND GOINGS New Bhoy Kouassi Eboue's arrival at Celtic could signal the end for Hoops midfielder Nir Bitton with Fulham in the hunt for his signature
EXCLUSIVE
BY DAVID FRIEL  4th January 2017, 10:12 pm

KOUASSI EBOUE'S arrival at Celtic is set to signal the END of Nir Bitton's Hoops career.

SunSport understands the Israeli midfielder could even be offloaded this month.

Fulham are one of several English clubs monitoring Bitton's situation and Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers could even agree to a £2million sale in the next few weeks as he shakes up his midfield options.

Bitton, 25, has started just one game since October 23 after falling down the pecking order.

Stuart Armstrong's emergence next to skipper Scott Brown has limited his chances.

Bitton was also overlooked for Callum McGregor in Saturday's Old Firm clash at Ibrox.

Eboue's signing is another blow to the Israeli international's hopes of regaining his place — with the Ivorian earmarked for a central role.

And Rodgers also hopes to add ANOTHER midfielder to his squad before the end of the transfer window.

Bitton will not be content to sit on the bench long-term and is likely to be open to a move.

The 19-times capped midfielder has got no shortage of admirers down south, including Fulham.

Craven Cottage gaffer Slavisa Jokanovic watched the midfielder when scouting Stefan Johansen ahead of his £2m move from Celtic last summer.

Bitton is also close friends with the Norwegian midfielder and the prospect of reuniting in London is likely to appeal.

AlexW132

Quote from: river phoenix on January 05, 2017, 07:47:55 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/388059/new-hoops-star-kouassi-eboues-arrival-at-celtic-could-signal-the-end-for-hoops-midfielder-nir-bitton-with-fulham-in-the-hunt-for-his-signature/

COMINGS AND GOINGS New Bhoy Kouassi Eboue's arrival at Celtic could signal the end for Hoops midfielder Nir Bitton with Fulham in the hunt for his signature
EXCLUSIVE

KOUASSI EBOUE'S arrival at Celtic is set to signal the END of Nir Bitton's Hoops career.

Fulham are one of several English clubs monitoring Bitton's situation and Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers could even agree to a £2million sale in the next few weeks as he shakes up his midfield options.

Bitton, 25, has started just one game since October 23 after falling down the pecking order.

Stuart Armstrong's emergence next to skipper Scott Brown has limited his chances.

Bitton was also overlooked for Callum McGregor in Saturday's Old Firm clash at Ibrox.

Eboue's signing is another blow to the Israeli international's hopes of regaining his place — with the Ivorian earmarked for a central role.

And Rodgers also hopes to add ANOTHER midfielder to his squad before the end of the transfer window.

Bitton will not be content to sit on the bench long-term and is likely to be open to a move.

The 19-times capped midfielder has got no shortage of admirers down south, including Fulham.

Craven Cottage gaffer Slavisa Jokanovic watched the midfielder when scouting Stefan Johansen ahead of his £2m move from Celtic last summer.

Bitton is also close friends with the Norwegian midfielder and the prospect of reuniting in London is likely to appeal.

I would love Nir Bitton but I don't know who'd drop out of the midfield.

river phoenix

We need better depth and cover for McDonald and Johansen. They cannot play all 46 games.

Another defensive midfielder would be handy, so I would be pleased with either Alfred N`Diaye (with whom we have been linked before) or Nir Bitton.

MJG

Looking for early transfer business from the club?

You are going to be out of luck.

Transfers by day over last ten years

bencher

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 05, 2017, 07:52:23 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on January 05, 2017, 07:47:55 AM

EXCLUSIVE

I would love Nir Bitton but I don't know who'd drop out of the midfield.

He would provide depth/competition in McDonald's position at the base of the midfield. We don't currently have an equivalent player in the squad. He would also add height at set pieces, at 1.95m.

Mince n Tatties

Great coup for Brighton, looks like they getting Loftus-Cheek on loan from the Scum.

SuffolkWhite

Couple of funnies on SKY transfer rumour's, Defoe and Lampard linked with us.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

dgnffc

Kavanagh on loan to Hartlepool according to BBC transfers page

FPT

I think Kevin McDonald could do with some competition. From what I've seen of Bitton also, I feel he as a much more mobile midfield player would add so much to our side. He's very elegant, has great size for his role and is an excellent age for us to recruit.

It may be me being incredibly high on Bitton, but I think McDonald would struggle to retain his place in the team where we to add the Israeli to the squad.

However, I also like the potential of in games like this past weekend vs. Brighton, we could switch to a 4231 and have Bitton and McDonald protecting the back four to add solidity, but you wouldn't lose the dominant possession play seeing as both are very good at playing the ball from the deep - the issue then becomes Cairney and Johansen - of which you'd have to keep one central and one wide. In that scenario, I don't mind the idea of Johansen becoming a makeshift left midfielder for the last 20 minutes or so in a game; he definitely has the energy to get up and down the flank, as well as the technical ability to pick out final third passes and quality crosses into the box.

Anyway, Bitton to Fulham is something I am definitely behind. I think in time, he could also make a case of signing of the 2016/17 season for us. I think he's that talented and that well suited to our squad.

ffc2004

Quote from: dgnffc on January 05, 2017, 11:48:14 AM
Kavanagh on loan to Hartlepool according to BBC transfers page

That's now official