https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Quote from: FPT on January 11, 2017, 12:10:05 PM
Quote from: AnEssexFan on January 11, 2017, 11:53:50 AM
Not sure I'm keen on the move for Bitton. He won't leave celtic to come and sit on our bench, so who do we drop put of McDonald, Cairney or Johansen? Or, more worryingly, is one of those three leaving and Bitton being used to replace them?

We can not have just a starting eleven in this division. Competition is a good thing, and in my opinion, Bitton is a better player than Kevin McDonald.

If Kevin McDonald gets injured, our game is vastly damaged seeing as he's the main link between defence and midfield in possession; Scott Parker simply can not do that job to close to the same standard.

Bitton's size is something we don't have in midfield; he's 6ft 5 but with the same technical ability as everyone else. How great would that be for the last 15-20 minutes in games when the majority of Championship sides go a little more direct? He's athletic too, my biggest gripe with McDonald is his inability to move either quickly or smoothly - he's very 'counter-ble.'

The majority of teams at the top of the table have strength in depth - this would simply be improving ours which is absolutely 100% something we need to do.

+1

Horsfield_No9

The Mirror today "Fulham risk losing manager Slavisa Jokanovic to Werder Bremen after contract stand-off"
http://bit.ly/2ifTPFi
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Holders

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on January 11, 2017, 02:12:53 PM
The Mirror today "Fulham risk losing manager Slavisa Jokanovic to Werder Bremen after contract stand-off"

A "contract stand-off" where "formal talks have yet to begin"!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFC73 on January 11, 2017, 09:59:00 AM
Fulham supporting friend of mine living in Glasgow is telling me:  -

Papers up here this morning confirm that Celtic have given us permission to speak to Nir Bitton about a move. He is a classy player, tall and quite elegant on the ball but also a bit languid and I've always thought there's a bit of the Ruiz aboiut him. He would definitely fit in with our style of play but might have to toughen up a bit. I think a target man is a more pressing need.

When's the last time this has been said about a player coming out of Scotland?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mkras99

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2686203-inside-the-window-dimitri-payet-could-yet-leave-west-ham-despite-club-stance/page/5

Fulham are continuing their search for a new striker and will sound out Bournemouth over Lewis Grabban's availability.

Brighton also want to sign him, so the two Championship sides are expected to battle for his signature if the Cherries agree to let him leave on loan.

Grabban is in his second spell at Bournemouth, but since heading back last January, he has struggled to make an impact.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic will sign a new forward this month and is determined to ensure he gets a man with the exact traits to suit his side's style of play.

Grabban has a good Championship record with 35 goals from 90 appearances and should prove a realistic target as he has not featured in the Premier League for Bournemouth since August.

Fulham are also looking for a central defender but have been knocked back after enquiring about a loan deal for Middlesbrough's Daniel Ayala.

Jem

Quote from: Holders on January 11, 2017, 02:15:15 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on January 11, 2017, 02:12:53 PM

A "contract stand-off" where "formal talks have yet to begin"!
Quite, I think some of these journalists should be "looking in the mirror"!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

@jolslover

Quote from: mkras99 on January 11, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2686203-inside-the-window-dimitri-payet-could-yet-leave-west-ham-despite-club-stance/page/5

Fulham are continuing their search for a new striker and will sound out Bournemouth over Lewis Grabban's availability.

Brighton also want to sign him, so the two Championship sides are expected to battle for his signature if the Cherries agree to let him leave on loan.

Grabban is in his second spell at Bournemouth, but since heading back last January, he has struggled to make an impact.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic will sign a new forward this month and is determined to ensure he gets a man with the exact traits to suit his side's style of play.

Grabban has a good Championship record with 35 goals from 90 appearances and should prove a realistic target as he has not featured in the Premier League for Bournemouth since August.

Fulham are also looking for a central defender but have been knocked back after enquiring about a loan deal for Middlesbrough's Daniel Ayala.

I would absolutely LOVE Dani Ayala. Top Top CB whos so good on the ball for a man of his size. Would be a great signing. Not many big CBs can fit our possession system but he is one.
STH H3

Horsfield_No9

RE Bremen Slav link -Werder DoF Frank Baumann: "I've never even heard the name Slavisa Jokanovic before. I don't know him."

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on January 11, 2017, 05:40:16 PM
RE Bremen Slav link -Werder DoF Frank Baumann: "I've never even heard the name Slavisa Jokanovic before. I don't know him."
So .... The deal is done then
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 11, 2017, 02:47:38 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on January 11, 2017, 09:59:00 AM
Fulham supporting friend of mine living in Glasgow is telling me:  -

Papers up here this morning confirm that Celtic have given us permission to speak to Nir Bitton about a move. He is a classy player, tall and quite elegant on the ball but also a bit languid and I've always thought there's a bit of the Ruiz aboiut him. He would definitely fit in with our style of play but might have to toughen up a bit. I think a target man is a more pressing need.

When's the last time this has been said about a player coming out of Scotland?

In 1888
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Sky sports online transfer live thingy says ourselves, Leeds and Brighton are looking at Grabban
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on January 11, 2017, 10:06:37 PM
Sky sports online transfer live thingy says ourselves, Leeds and Brighton are looking at Grabban

He has a decent record, he is a good 6 feet tall and I believe Bournemouth signed him for around 8 million English pounds. Hasn't quite worked out for him at Bournemouth, but definately fits the profile.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

He has a decent record, he is a good 6 feet tall and I believe Bournemouth signed him for around 8 million English pounds. Hasn't quite worked out for him at Bournemouth, but definately fits the profile.
[/quote]
So, we might 'Grabban' for a bargain then?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on January 11, 2017, 10:06:37 PM

Seem to recall him missing a penalty when he played us with Norwich when we beat them 1-0. Sounds like our player already!  064.gif Seriously though I wouldn't mind him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 11, 2017, 11:01:55 PM

So, we might 'Grabban' for a bargain then?

Never forget your Roots.

FPT

The key for me is looking back to his season at Bournemouth prior to moving to Norwich. Eddie Howe's Bournemouth a very similar to our side now in terms of style: open, exciting, attacking, dominant and creating of chances. In that team, Lewis Grabban was only outscored by Ross McCormack, Jordan Rhodes and Troy Deeney with a more than respectable 22 in 44 games, 7 of which being from the penalty spot. Oh, and they finished 10th that season. He's not really played consistently since then, but in our team, I think it would be conservative to predict him scoring ten.

Daniel Ayala rumour is promising - recall him being the best defender in the division whilst at Middlesbrough but been pushed out since promotion and Ben Gibson has slid into the Premier League with ease and grace.

I do agree with whoever commented on loans, I don't mind it as much in January but rather not go in that direction at centre back in particular - with zero guarantees on getting either permanently, you're looking at buying an entirely new centre back partnership in the summer.

FulhamStu

Quote from: FPT on January 11, 2017, 11:40:25 PM
The key for me is looking back to his season at Bournemouth prior to moving to Norwich. Eddie Howe's Bournemouth a very similar to our side now in terms of style: open, exciting, attacking, dominant and creating of chances. In that team, Lewis Grabban was only outscored by Ross McCormack, Jordan Rhodes and Troy Deeney with a more than respectable 22 in 44 games, 7 of which being from the penalty spot. Oh, and they finished 10th that season. He's not really played consistently since then, but in our team, I think it would be conservative to predict him scoring ten.

Daniel Ayala rumour is promising - recall him being the best defender in the division whilst at Middlesbrough but been pushed out since promotion and Ben Gibson has slid into the Premier League with ease and grace.

I do agree with whoever commented on loans, I don't mind it as much in January but rather not go in that direction at centre back in particular - with zero guarantees on getting either permanently, you're looking at buying an entirely new centre back partnership in the summer.
With these 2 added to the side and signed permanently, we would have fixed our main areas to improve enormously and would be in a position to really give it a go now.  If we missed out this season, we would be in a fantastic position to make the automatic places next season.

Every player has his price, what do you think it would take to make these transfers happen.  Would think we are talking big bucks.  Once we have the squad in place, we could get an embargo but we will not be forced to sell players, so I say, let's do it now.  Can we be done this season for FFP or do the rules mean nothing happens for 3 years ?    Assuming we were to spend beyond this years maximum, this 3 year rule is still somewhat confusing me.

westcliff white

Boro dont want to loan or sell Ayala, Bournemouth will wait on Grabban till late in the winodw for either a permanent move or a loan move as Wilson is attracting interest for a couple of clubs, one of which being Newcastle apparently.

Also, West Ham seem to have a Chris Martinsituation with Payet, he doesnt want to play for them. Bilic just announced this at a press conference, said similar to SJ in that they are not selling and want him to stay and play. I know it isnt strictly FFC related but thought it was interesting
Every day is a Fulham day

Hoppus

Oddschanger on twitter: Fulham now 1/2 favourites to sign Lewis Grabban

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Hoppus on January 12, 2017, 12:31:26 PM
Oddschanger on twitter: Fulham now 1/2 favourites to sign Lewis Grabban

If we got Grabban, Bitton and a decent CB in this window I'd be over the moon.