https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 15, 2017, 05:21:33 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2017, 04:20:54 PM
I don't give two monkeys to be honest about them I Love FFC.
But for someone to say they had to Wikipedia Villa is a joke, they are a big club with fan clubs worldwide.
the ole fan clubs around the world comments again. which in the real world equates to a bunch of jolly foreigners going down the pub at weird hours to watch the football together.
that's a pretty simplistic view, when there are large British  ex pat communities around the globe.

That aside, this is the transfer thread so can we all (including myself) keep this thread about transfers. thanks
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 15, 2017, 05:29:52 PM
But for someone to say they had to Wikipedia Villa is a joke, they are a big club with fan clubs worldwide.
the ole fan clubs around the world comments again. which in the real world equates to a bunch of jolly foreigners going down the pub at weird hours to watch the football together.
that's a pretty simplistic view, when there are large British  ex pat communities around the globe.

That aside, this is the transfer thread so can we all (including myself) keep this thread about transfers. thanks
but other than that, what do actual fan clubs do? maybe a visit for the odd, game and all that. but in general, they are just that. fans around the world. doesnt help villa one bit with their current plight
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2017, 01:40:47 PM
Retaining Cairney should take priority over buying a new striker or central defender.

All that is required in order to retain Cairney is that the Club says 'No' to any offer that is made. Every player has his price, of course, and Tom's has been quoted in the press most recently as £10M. My sense of disappointment would be immense, however, if we accepted such a sum. Initial reports said that we told Newcastle to stump up £20M if they wanted him. With promotion still very much on our agenda, this seems a more realistic assessment of his value to us at this moment in time.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

sarnian

All that is required in order to retain Cairney is that the Club says 'No' to any offer that is made. Every player has his price, of course, and Tom's has been quoted in the press most recently as £10M. My sense of disappointment would be immense, however, if we accepted such a sum. Initial reports said that we told Newcastle to stump up £20M if they wanted him. With promotion still very much on our agenda, this seems a more realistic assessment of his value to us at this moment in time.

[/quote]

Cairney going nowhere. He has publicly stated that he is enjoying his football more than ever because of SJ playing a possession game which suits him down to the ground.

Why go elsewhere into a completely different type of play where the ball will probably be moved from back to front far quicker than at Fulham. Also if he goes SJ goes as this would signify that the club show no ambition as far as SJ is concerned

Mince n Tatties

Forest want ex Brighton and Watford manager Oscar Garcia.

Roberty

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 15, 2017, 06:22:53 PM
So the latest transfer rumours are?

There aren't any which is why all of this tail chasing is going on
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2017, 06:38:45 PM
Forest want ex Brighton and Watford manager Oscar Garcia.

Top manager. Plays very similar football to Jokanovic.
Escobar and Javi Pereira (Jokanovics two assistants) Both worked under Oscar Garcia and speak highly of him.
STH H3

terryr

I just tuned in here after taking a break from this thread given the lack of any transfer activity
Still nothing happening

The Road Less Travelled

Wasn't it Garcia who had heart issues when at Watford that led to Billy McKinlay and then Jokanovic taking over a few years back?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: TerryR on January 15, 2017, 08:05:07 PM
I just tuned in here after taking a break from this thread given the lack of any transfer activity
Still nothing happening
Not quite.....Mince has asked where our next striker is?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 15, 2017, 03:31:02 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 15, 2017, 02:37:23 PM
I really really hope we can manage to keep Joca. But i can see him leaving if we dont go up. I think ill actually cry!

Absolute nonsense. This is his first real season of having 'a go at it' if that's the correct term to use, last season he was here just to keep us in the division.

We know, he knows, the Club knows, that 1 season alone would not be enough to turn this club into a promotion challenging side, not with 14 wholesale changes.

Regardless of his track record, Jokanovic publicly stated that he wanted to be he for the long term, he was fed up of moving around, and genuinely believe, he enjoyed his time in the UK with Watford.

Only way I can see him leaving is if a) the Club fook up a new contract, or b) he's not backed by the Club with the 3-4 decent signings, which is what I feel is needed, to gain promotion.

Even then, I don't feel this will happen until the summer.   

I dont think he will go before the summer. However, if we arent promoted (still a tall order imo) and he's out of contract then i believe he will go

Wearethewhites

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 15, 2017, 08:33:00 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 15, 2017, 03:31:02 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 15, 2017, 02:37:23 PM
I really really hope we can manage to keep Joca. But i can see him leaving if we dont go up. I think ill actually cry!

Absolute nonsense. This is his first real season of having 'a go at it' if that's the correct term to use, last season he was here just to keep us in the division.

We know, he knows, the Club knows, that 1 season alone would not be enough to turn this club into a promotion challenging side, not with 14 wholesale changes.

Regardless of his track record, Jokanovic publicly stated that he wanted to be he for the long term, he was fed up of moving around, and genuinely believe, he enjoyed his time in the UK with Watford.

Only way I can see him leaving is if a) the Club fook up a new contract, or b) he's not backed by the Club with the 3-4 decent signings, which is what I feel is needed, to gain promotion.

Even then, I don't feel this will happen until the summer.   

I dont think he will go before the summer. However, if we arent promoted (still a tall order imo) and he's out of contract then i believe he will go

Yes, a very tall order, and I suspect Jokanovic, the Club knows that as well. For me, the Holy Grail is next season, so why would he leave this summer, when there's still very much unfinished business? If the Club back him, which they would be stupid not to, then I don't see a problem, he will be handed a new contract soon.

mkras99

Jason O'Connor (@Jayoconnor8)
1/15/17, 2:21 PM
Fulham are trying to sign Joey O Brien. Palace are also interested. Expect him to get a move this month.

Twig

Thanks very much, that's written me off then. Honestly what an insular, ignorant and insulting attitude.

westcliff white

Quote from: mkras99 on January 16, 2017, 03:34:09 AM
Jason O'Connor (@Jayoconnor8)
1/15/17, 2:21 PM
Fulham are trying to sign Joey O Brien. Palace are also interested. Expect him to get a move this month.
a 30 year old full back? we have plenty of full backs dont we?

Anyway I expect him to re join Sam.

Mince n Tatties

Has Jason got it right,I believe its Millwall striker Antony O'Brien

westcliff white

Bamford to Boro on a permanent deal for around £10,000,000. If that figure is true then for me its ridiculous

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on January 16, 2017, 09:58:33 AM
Bamford to Boro on a permanent deal for around £10,000,000. If that figure is true then for me its ridiculous

And yet Rhodes is sitting there twiddling his thumbs. Dont get it, especially for that price.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

I posted yesterday he was going there again but on loan I thought.
10 mill....ridiculous.