https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 16, 2017, 10:03:19 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 16, 2017, 09:58:33 AM
Bamford to Boro on a permanent deal for around £10,000,000. If that figure is true then for me its ridiculous

And yet Rhodes is sitting there twiddling his thumbs. Dont get it, especially for that price.
I guess with Martin staying we will not be interested in Rhodes, although if he had left Rhodes would have been a good replacement, as he isnt justa goal scorer and has some similar attributes to Martin in some ways.

Guess if we sign a striker it will now be something different to what we have, maybe a chancey take on Bogle (who is very good, seen him play live, quick and a live wire).

I am hoping for Piazon loan extension (seems a done deal, with 3 other signings, one each in the defence, midfield and forward areas. Also hope (based on season to date) that we signthe loanees we have now at the end of the season or this window. If this window I would still hope we can sign the other 3 players in the positions i mentioned.

Although to be honest I would take 2 new signings, with or without the loans being made permanent in January.
Every day is a Fulham day

MaidenheadMick

The one signing we must do is tying down Joka for the next 3 years

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2017, 10:10:23 AM
I posted yesterday he was going there again but on loan I thought.
10 mill....ridiculous.

Its not that ridiculous, scored a goal every other game for Boro when he was there. Still only 23 & was rated one of the best young strikers in England.
Just seems to have lost his way a bit, £10m not a lot of money for premier league clubs nowadays

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 16, 2017, 10:25:16 AM
10 mill....ridiculous.
Agree he did for them, but for Norwich and Burnley (although not much of a look in there) he has scored very few in the premier league.

Its not that ridiculous, scored a goal every other game for Boro when he was there. Still only 23 & was rated one of the best young strikers in England.
Just seems to have lost his way a bit, £10m not a lot of money for premier league clubs nowadays

westcliff white

QPR trying to loan Aruona Kone from Everton, but are baulking at paying most most of his 40k per week salary

westcliff white

10 mill....ridiculous.
I thought it was a loan too Mince.

f321ffc

Bamford reported to be having medical at Boro, so does that Rhodes is on his way out?
Three questions
Should we?
Could we  ?
Would we  ?
Unfortunately the way I see it is yes to 1 and 2 and no to 3 come on Fulham prove me wrong. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Quote from: f321ffc on January 16, 2017, 01:20:29 PM
Bamford reported to be having medical at Boro, so does that Rhodes is on his way out?
Three questions
Should we?
Could we  ?
Would we  ?
Unfortunately the way I see it is yes to 1 and 2 and no to 3 come on Fulham prove me wrong. 049:gif
why would he leave Boro wher ehe barely sits on the bench to come to us to sit on our bench? Martin is clearly SJ's number 1 forward. I would tink if we are signing someone then it would be a different type of striker, on with pace possibly

If the Martin issue had not been resolved then for me yes he would hav e been my choice

Fulham Tup North

Three questions
Should we?
Could we  ?
Would we  ?
NO
YES
NO
imo
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

f321ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on January 16, 2017, 01:24:53 PM
Three questions
Should we?
Could we  ?
Would we  ?
why would he leave Boro wher ehe barely sits on the bench to come to us to sit on our bench? Martin is clearly SJ's number 1 forward. I would tink if we are signing someone then it would be a different type of striker, on with pace possibly

If the Martin issue had not been resolved then for me yes he would hav e been my choice
Maybe our bench is more comfortable.  064.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Leeds want 15 million for Chris Woods amid interest from West Ham and Sunderland

dhowells21

Quote from: westcliff white on January 16, 2017, 03:18:20 PM
Leeds want 15 million for Chris Woods amid interest from West Ham and Sunderland

That is absolute insanity. If that really is the state of the market, it's worth us exercising Martin at 9 mln regardless of whether he wants to play here or whether we want him long term. Just sell him in the summer for these ridiculous numbers.

twang

Quote from: dhowells21 on January 16, 2017, 03:38:16 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 16, 2017, 03:18:20 PM

That is absolute insanity. If that really is the state of the market, it's worth us exercising Martin at 9 mln regardless of whether he wants to play here or whether we want him long term. Just sell him in the summer for these ridiculous numbers.

For the quality of the player alone, yes, it's a laughable fee. But Wood is potentially the difference between another season in the Championship and promotion for Leeds, so why shouldn't they put a huge price tag on him? If they go up they'll earn plenty more than that. It's exactly the same story with us and £20m for Cairney.

Wearethewhites

Its what clubs are doing, they're pricing their best players out of a move, simple.

Mince n Tatties

I remember a couple of us on here about a year ago saying we should have went after Woods.
Slow,overrated, not good enough were some of the remarks.
Funny Old Game Saint..

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2017, 04:12:35 PM
I remember a couple of us on here about a year ago saying we should have went after Woods.
Slow,overrated, not good enough were some of the remarks.
Funny Old Game Saint..

He still isn't worth anything near 15M though.

Irelands_number1

Robbie Keane being linked with Preston.

Could be argued that he'd fit in nicely with our style of play, there aren't much better in and around the box.

alexmur

Quote from: Bracken White on January 15, 2017, 02:02:48 PM
Ruiz simply, wouldn't been good enough to play in this team. He wasn't when he was in the fold & couldn't cope with English football. Nothing discernable reported re incumbents at present.
Ruiz only gave 100% for his country never preformed for us really

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional