https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Pie and mash on January 19, 2017, 03:09:48 PM
Ross ain't coming back
a lot of rumours saying he is, just rumours mind you. And bookies have taken money on it too, but it is a low betting market thats for sure.

Time will tell.
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

I don't think it'll happen. SJ said that he'd build a team around McCormack but when he left for greener grass, SJ built a team in a different (and to me, better) way. I don't see how he'd fit in now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Pie and mash

Quote from: westcliff white on January 19, 2017, 03:12:38 PM
Ross ain't coming back
a lot of rumours saying he is, just rumours mind you. And bookies have taken money on it too, but it is a low betting market thats for sure.

Time will tell.

Can't see any from a credible source - Few people have read some rumours, seen the Fulham link and lumped in and shifted the odds

westcliff white

Quote from: Pie and mash on January 19, 2017, 03:19:00 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 19, 2017, 03:12:38 PM
Ross ain't coming back

Time will tell.

Can't see any from a credible source - Few people have read some rumours, seen the Fulham link and lumped in and shifted the odds
I tend to agree, however bookies are no mugs.

Personally i dont see it, but stranger things have happened
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Him and Bruce have just been pulled over by the police,their tandem been holding all the traffic up.

The Road Less Travelled

Jokanovic on transfers: 2 or 3 to arrive fairly shortly. Including a striker as well as Martin going nowhere #ffc

AnEssexFan

I don't agree with this "we play with pace" argument. In recent weeks we have completely dominated possession and territory, meaning that attacks have slowed in the final third, requiring Fredericks,  Aluko,  Piazon and Malone to accelerate in 5 or 10 yard bursts out wide to beat full backs. Otherwise it's lots of short sharp passing in and around the box, and ross is very good at that sort of stuff - and he gets his shots away (which a lot of our players don't), amd he scores a lot of goals (which a lot of our players don't).

Against the likes of Burton, QPR to name just 2 teams, Ross could have made a huge difference.
@leightonrw07

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 19, 2017, 03:44:54 PM
Nugent, Bamford, Gestede all moved now and Lansbury about to be announced by Villa. Agree that most activity will be concentrated toward the end of the window but you can't say things aren't happening, including some good players and several of our rivals. Swansea also made two big signings earlier in the week. Shows how quickly things can be pushed through if you're motivated.
I also think when a club changes managers you see movement earlier in january by those teams as a manager likes to make up for time lost by not being around in Summer window.
Villa, Derby, Swansea, Birmingham all have that in common.

Roberty

You mean if everyone is motivated?

In this game it takes four to tango - player, players agent, selling club and buying club - I'm sure a lot of holdups are caused by the player and agent hoping for a better deal once the clubs have come to an agreement

At the moment we are looking for back-ups - no need to be overpaying for them

What is interesting so far is that Derby were happy to pay £2m for Nugent

The story about Martin and Derby was that they would not pay the fee we wanted to get him back - so presumably we were asking for more than £2m

I would not be surprised if we are trying to stay inside the FFP limit so that on transfer deadline day the Martin's transfer can be made permanent - as far as I understood it all the contracts were in place, we just needed to pay the final fee.

It would then free him up to potentially play three games against Derby - their fans are going to be so happy with their owner if he scores" Given current transfer values he must be worth more than the amount we agreed to pay if we ever needed to sell him on.

Perversely - it would also be too late for them to spend any of the money - justice !
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Mullers OG

I don't particularly want him back from Villa but almost anyone would be an improvement on Aluko.

bill taylors apprentice

McCormack's finishing would be a big asset.

Also this idea about him slowing things down and dropping back needs to be taken in isolation due to the team he was playing in at the time.

He may be slow but he gains time with his clever play and in a better team he could concentrate on what he does best.

My two concerns are, how would affect the dressing room and secondly, part of our improvement has been the team working hard off the ball to support each other.

Would McCormack affect this to the determent of the results?
I'm undecided !

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Mullers OG on January 19, 2017, 05:20:50 PM
I don't particularly want him back from Villa but almost anyone would be an improvement on Aluko.

Kind of agree on this. Starting to find Aluko quite frustrating to watch. He is wasteful time after time. He always seems to do the difficult part of beating a man then 9 times out 10 messes up his pass or shot.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

e4b

Would happily take Ross back but wont we have Floyd back soon as well? Agree Sone can be wasteful but is great to watch and gives defenders a lot to think about.

AlexW132

Quote from: e4b on January 19, 2017, 06:05:20 PM
Would happily take Ross back but wont we have Floyd back soon as well? Agree Sone can be wasteful but is great to watch and gives defenders a lot to think about.
As shown in the Ipswich game Ayité isn't exactly clinical

BestOfBrede

Quote from: AnEssexFan on January 19, 2017, 03:51:47 PM
I don't agree with this "we play with pace" argument. In recent weeks we have completely dominated possession and territory, meaning that attacks have slowed in the final third, requiring Fredericks,  Aluko,  Piazon and Malone to accelerate in 5 or 10 yard bursts out wide to beat full backs. Otherwise it's lots of short sharp passing in and around the box, and ross is very good at that sort of stuff - and he gets his shots away (which a lot of our players don't), amd he scores a lot of goals (which a lot of our players don't).

Against the likes of Burton, QPR to name just 2 teams, Ross could have made a huge difference.
Well said sir!
0001.jpeg

Rhys Lightning 63

Hopefully we can sign him by 12:29pm tomorrow, that way he can play v the Haha's. He FEASTED off them
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Pie and mash

Is it true his (Ross) family still live in London?

Mince n Tatties

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 19, 2017, 07:48:17 PM
His boy always has his Fulham top on.
apart from when he was leeds mascot not so long ago if im correct. or he was at least at the game in their top
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Mince  , Ross would make it 4 "Scots" iin the side with cairney, Martin and Macdonald if he does come back. The whites have never had that many before in one Fulham side !