more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

Quote from: colinwhite on January 19, 2017, 07:53:55 PM
Mince  , Ross would make it 4 "Scots" iin the side with cairney, Martin and Macdonald if he does come back. The whites have never had that many before in one Fulham side !
Cairney and Martin aren't really Scottish though. Jack Grimmer is another one who is Scottish

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham Tup North

092.gif Just checked Skybet. Ross McCormack odds dropped again from 4/7 to 2/7 !
You never see a bookmaker on a push bike!  049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 20, 2017, 08:01:59 AM
092.gif Just checked Skybet. Ross McCormack odds dropped again from 4/7 to 2/7 !
COuld also mean some one shoved 50 quid on in a low bet market, which I suspect this is.

BUt in SJ we trust so if thats his want then 100% behind him

Mince n Tatties

That must have been the 50pence I had on yesterday that's shortened the price.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: westcliff white on January 20, 2017, 08:23:35 AM
COuld also mean some one shoved 50 quid on in a low bet market, which I suspect this is.

Bit of a risk £50 to win £72 on a whim?
Some people have more money than sense.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 20, 2017, 08:28:09 AM

Think its more 28 quid profit if the odds were 4/7 but still its a big gamble for little gain. More money than sense if that has happened.

I dont think these markets are enough to go buy until its like 1/10. Then you know they know something.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Was an example, as bookies cant just move odds they need a reason too as they are restricted under laws etc.

But yes some do have more money than sense

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 20, 2017, 09:00:39 AM

Think its more 28 quid profit if the odds were 4/7 but still its a big gamble for little gain. More money than sense if that has happened.

I dont think these markets are enough to go buy until its like 1/10. Then you know they know something.
Odds wise in a normal betting market you are right, but in low bet markets I would say could be be less than 1/10.

but the old addage bookies are generally right (well 95% of the time) usually holds, so it is an interesting market move

Holders

For someone who doesn't gamble, is this saying that they regard it as more or less likely? As a rule, which figure does one have to divide into the other to compare these?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

they are saying more likely in this case for 2/7 you put 7 pounds on to win 2

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on January 20, 2017, 09:37:23 AM
they are saying more likely in this case for 2/7 you put 7 pounds on to win 2

Ah, thanks. So the first figure is what you might get, the second is what you stand to lose.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Holders on January 20, 2017, 09:35:39 AM

For someone who doesn't gamble, is this saying that they regard it as more or less likely? As a rule, which figure does one have to divide into the other to compare these?
The 'Shorter' the odds, their more likely of it happening. ie 10/1 means it will happen once in ten occasion's, so about 10% of the time. If you put on £10, you get £100 back, plus your stake. 4/7 means it will pay odds of 1.5 (rounding up) so £10 would return £15 including your stake. It is now 2/7,  so £10 bet would return almost £13 including your stake.
If this makes sense?

Mince n Tatties

That's where the big punters get their money like on the Asian Markets,say 70,000 on to win 20,000.
That's why the bookies don't like single bets on matches,it used to be limit of 3.
Living and working in the racing industry that's the same,you don't get rich on 50/1 chances as they rarely happen and are flukes.
The big money is won on short odds,
unless you in the know and get on before they shorten up.

Bracken White

Would be interesting to see where RMcC would fit in to the present system. I think it would have to be co-striker as our fluid midfield is working well, and he's most certainly not a CF. However, a quality player in my book, who knows Jokanovic well of course - so a sound addition to the squad.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Woolly Mammoth

I once saw one on a horse, but he was riding away from a lot of angry punters.  As the commentator says at the commencement of every race. " There off ".
But so is the Bookie.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

Just on Sky

FULHAM BACK IN FOR CISSE
Fulham have launched a second bid of £2.2m for Standard Liege midfielder Ibrahima Cisse, according to Sky sources.
The Belgian club, who value Cisse at close to £3m, are understood to be considering the offer.
However, the Cottagers are preparing to move on other targets if this latest offer for Cisse is rejected.

MJG

Quote from: Bracken White on January 20, 2017, 11:37:09 AM
Would be interesting to see where RMcC would fit in to the present system. I think it would have to be co-striker as our fluid midfield is working well, and he's most certainly not a CF. However, a quality player in my book, who knows Jokanovic well of course - so a sound addition to the squad.
You say it would be interesting to see him in the current system and as a co-striker. Well we dont really have that role in the current system so it would mean changing the system dont you?

river phoenix

Quote from: HamsterWheel on January 20, 2017, 12:40:24 PM
Just on Sky

FULHAM BACK IN FOR CISSE
Fulham have launched a second bid of £2.2m for Standard Liege midfielder Ibrahima Cisse, according to Sky sources.
The Belgian club, who value Cisse at close to £3m, are understood to be considering the offer.
However, the Cottagers are preparing to move on other targets if this latest offer for Cisse is rejected.

Sky and their sources...  fp.gif

They are kinda 5 days late with this `news`.

Twig

Quote from: Bracken White on January 20, 2017, 11:37:09 AM
How could Ross fit into the present system as a "co-striker"? By which I assume you mean 2 up front. That is not the current system.