The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

river phoenix

So, that c... Martin clearly doesn`t want to play here, Smith is on his way to QPR, Woodrow and Humphrys are on loan and there are no single mention about us buying some strikers? Unbelieveable.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Only people to blame for this Fiasco is Fulham FC..

toshes mate

Quote from: westcliff white on January 28, 2017, 06:41:31 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on January 28, 2017, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 28, 2017, 06:24:38 PM
Did we miss our option to buy Martin? How can he sign a new contract if there is an agreement for us to buy him!

Either that or perhaps it's his way to tell us that even if we exercise our option, he is not interested in discussing terms with us!
The story / rumour went that he had agreed terms, for a permanent deal, with us before he signed the loan deal. That is the money the agent wanted increased and the loan made permanent while he wasn't playing.

All very strange, maybe because McLaren is back he will play for them which Pearson told him he wouldn't and that's why he left for us thinking it was over there. Either way don't send him back, sign someone and don't play him.

Absolutely the right way to play it.  Let Martin be deprived of any chance of insulting us further.

aaronmcguigan

regardless of who has said what, why and what contracts are signed, he isn't good enough for us or them. We need more strikers, and although it's difficult to find and sign them , there is plenty about. We have had time to take action and react to martins strike, and we have done nothing.
He's burned his bridges and we can dig our heels in if we want but it won't score more goals, so yes deny him the opportunity to go back to derby but for heavens sake do something to improve our striking options. If we don't want him, don't ship out all the youngsters, get a replacement or give the youth a chance to stake their claim .

NogoodBoyo

I was all for keeping him because Slav wanted to keep him.  Not now.  He will be a cancer within the club no matter where they place him.  Let's see what Ali Mac's quoted negotiating skills can gain us by way of incentive to Derby to let him go but ultimately throw him back to the rams. Then use his salary and some savings to up the ante on two strikers.
Whichever way you look at it, this is not good news for Fulham FC in the short term though.
Nogood "bolleauxed our season he has, itis" Boyo

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 28, 2017, 08:03:35 PM
regardless of who has said what, why and what contracts are signed, he isn't good enough for us or them. We need more strikers, and although it's difficult to find and sign them , there is plenty about. We have had time to take action and react to martins strike, and we have done nothing.
He's burned his bridges and we can dig our heels in if we want but it won't score more goals, so yes deny him the opportunity to go back to derby but for heavens sake do something to improve our striking options. If we don't want him, don't ship out all the youngsters, get a replacement or give the youth a chance to stake their claim .

The youth players loans are fixed to the end of the season. No recall clause. Haha I'm only joking. Agree with what you've said

Riversider

What this twisted saga needs now is for us to bid for Scott Hogan on Monday !!!
That really would put the cat amongst the pigeons !!!

rvFFC

Is assambalonga someone  we could get realistically? I feel he would be a very good addition

Barrett487

I can't believe that we would let strikers leave unless there was either a replacement, or that Joka had more faith in the attacking midfielders to fulfil the striker position than those released. 

Aluko could play up front and create mayhem with his movement, but his accuracy isn't great. Who knows whether that might improve in a central role where it's 1-1 on goal, I seem to remember Walcott was suspect, but does ok in front of goal now.

Piazon is more likely to fill in, but he doesn't come across as a striker who can be the focal point. He's done well, but mainly interacting with and feeding off Martin and wide-men (no not you Woolly). He's certainly up for it, I would think, as he's openly said how he's enjoyed his time here and extended his loan.

I haven't managed to get to many games this season, so I hope someone will put me right, if i'm off the mark.

I just hope that there's a stunning signing around the corner.... it's been said that we've been heavily scouting the Portugese league, so maybe there's something brewing. There's also got to be expendables at teams who have bought in strikers in the window and as I suspect we only want a loan deal, this would possibly rely on another, potentially late transfer action.

I don't worry about the lack of Fulham transfer gossip... that's our way.... I worry that the windows about to close (how late did we leave the Martin deal!)

Mince n Tatties

Unless there a top striker coming in its goodnight Vienna.

Barrett487

Stearman scored today! Perhaps he'll be recalled and switch positions..... he's used to watching the goals flood in.

BestOfBrede

C'mon Mince, can we at least wait until the window is well and truely shut before all the doom, gloom and blame all n sundry?
You never know we may all be really happy with what happens over the next few days!?
Possibly not, but even if not there's nowt you or I can do!
It's important to support the team, especially as we play tomorrow - this stuff can wait until after that and the window closes, surely?

St. Andrews White

Sky Sports Transfer Centre just now:

MORE ON MARTIN DEAL

After Chris Martin signed a new contract with Derby today, a Fulham spokesperson has told the Press Association tonight:

"The signing of a new contract with Derby County does not impact on the terms of the loan arrangement agreed by both clubs.

"Chris Martin will be at Fulham for the remainder of the season and the club still has an option to purchase."
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

westcliff white

Quote from: Yonderwhite on January 28, 2017, 09:44:10 PM

MORE ON MARTIN DEAL

After Chris Martin signed a new contract with Derby today, a Fulham spokesperson has told the Press Association tonight:

"The signing of a new contract with Derby County does not impact on the terms of the loan arrangement agreed by both clubs.

"Chris Martin will be at Fulham for the remainder of the season and the club still has an option to purchase."
This is all very weird, if as was rumoured back in August he agreed and signed a deal with us for if we wish to take up the option his new contract would be worth diddly squat.

Personally don't care, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and welcomed him back as I felt that right, but now I don't want him sent back I want him playing for the reserves and if he refuses too then we get the PFA involved. Let him rot and see what condition he will be in.

I personally don't think Slav has lied to the fans, I think Martin has said the right things to play and Slav thought he was coming round, reckon Slav is spitting feathers now tonight.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 28, 2017, 09:50:11 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on January 28, 2017, 09:44:10 PM

MORE ON MARTIN DEAL

This is all very weird, if as was rumoured back in August he agreed and signed a deal with us for if we wish to take up the option his new contract would be worth diddly squat.

Personally don't care, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and welcomed him back as I felt that right, but now I don't want him sent back I want him playing for the reserves and if he refuses too then we get the PFA involved. Let him rot and see what condition he will be in.

I personally don't think Slav has lied to the fans, I think Martin has said the right things to play and Slav thought he was coming round, reckon Slav is spitting feathers now tonight.
But options aren't set in stone, the buying club and player can still turn it down
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2017, 09:55:48 PM
My guess, and this is just a guess based on the sky sports quote, is we do indeed still have the option on terms pre-agreed with both the player and Derby, and therefore as Westcliff says the new contract with Derby means nothing... except what it does do is make clear the player doesn't want to play for us, and Derby and Martin will both know that even a circus like us wouldn't pay £6m to finalise a deal for a player that's made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be here
options still have to be signed off by the two player and buying club though. The only difference with Martin is that the selling club have changed their mind, but don't have a veto
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 28, 2017, 09:28:42 PM
C'mon Mince, can we at least wait until the window is well and truely shut before all the doom, gloom and blame all n sundry?
You never know we may all be really happy with what happens over the next few days!?
Possibly not, but even if not there's nowt you or I can do!
It's important to support the team, especially as we play tomorrow - this stuff can wait until after that and the window closes, surely?
[/quote

Of course I will be supporting the team Brede I always will regardless of who in charge.
Yes we may be signing someone and it works out good,but this fiasco is down to Fulham not just Martin and Derby.
They should have sent the scroat back to Derby when he went on strike,instead of fobbing us off that all was resolved with Martin and it obviously wasn't.