Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Flapula

Quote from: Nero on January 30, 2017, 05:50:08 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on January 30, 2017, 05:43:35 PM
Quote from: Count Flapula on January 30, 2017, 05:38:10 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/30/odds-slashed-fulham-installed-as-new-46-favoruties-in-race-to-si/

Uh-oh...

Five years since he played league football in England!!!!!!!

Perhaps we can make a move for Clinton Morrison aswell

Let's help Robbie Keane settle in by recreating the old Spurs strikeforce by bringing back Berbatov and Bent - what could possibly go wrong?

hovewhite

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 05:53:48 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 30, 2017, 05:49:48 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 30, 2017, 05:42:42 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 05:35:21 PM
Just go and get him and pay whatever.

I would suggest that FFP may impact with a signing like that, not what you ornI want to hear but we have to accept it could be a reality

Don't see why it would,are you saying we can't spend money then?
Wolves are just about to sign a guy for 15 million,and have spent already.
We haven't spent a cent.
Did I say we can't spend money? Just saying FFP maybe a concern I don't jnowjifnitnis it isn't, but then I am guessing you don't either.

Like you I am frustrated but getting snarky and snappy with posters in here won't help.

Narky n Snappy what you on about.
I just asked a question...
If that's how you see it That's fine, I don't but that's fine too

We are all frustrated but as I Say FFP could be a concern, I don't know it is but it could be. Hopefully it isn't but it's f it is that for me is some crumb of comfort knowing it may not just be the clubs fault.

Anyway lets hope we get rumours and sIgnings so hopefully we will be flooded with them tonight
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Mince n Tatties

You ain't seen me Snappy n Snarky yet.
That's when I start throwing the Marshmallow's about.

toshes mate

Snarky does the impossible and Snappy puts the chances away.  Need them on the bloody Board if you ask me.

Neil D

I would hazard a guess and suggest that the Club has concluded there will not be a top 6 finish this season.  Since this is not a good time to sign new players - both with regard to the time needed to get them to fit the team's style of play and because fees are even more artificially elevated than usual - Khan has decided to wait until the summer to open his cheque book.

spikey norman

Quote from: twang on January 30, 2017, 03:25:38 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 30, 2017, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 03:14:33 PM
London club after Hogan as West Ham lose interest.
Can't be us at that price surely?
Palace have enquired

Really? Weird as they usually only play with one striker and have Benteke, Remy, Wickham and Campbell in their squad.

Maybe Palace are about to offload one or more of the above quartet making space for Hogan.
How about Wickham and Campbell to us?
Would they give us the goals we need to push on?

Lighthouse

Smith has now agreed terms with QPR. We are looking so thin in numbers now. No forwards at the club other than a loan player we cannot trust. Tomorrow will be interesting or frustrating. As we are only being linked with very old men. I just hope we have some good shocks coming up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

It's remarkable set of statistics, Statto.  When I looked I worked out the Club were £2m down after dealings in the market last Summer but I allowed a little more for wage increases and I too concluded Fulham have much greater leeway than is allowed to circulate as gospel on these boards.  Not wishing to reopen wounds, however, I'd just say I don't believe our backroom boys are fit for purpose because, as an alternative fact (!), where the hell is all the money going?

BestOfBrede

Wow - hope you don't live next to a bridge or cliff!

Maidstone Al

Maybe Khan is waiting to see what money spinning tie we get in the next round of the cup before he opens his cheque book

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2017, 06:51:38 PM
I can see it now...
We've probably spent all window negotiating some Belgium club down from £4m to £3.7m for some player we could have had on January 1st for the extra £300k
Now we've sold Matt Smith in anticipation of getting this guy but his Belgian club will say, hold on, it's the last day of the transfer window, you've sold all your strikers, so now you're desperate so we want £4.5m
We will pull out of the deal and sign Robbie Keane on a pay-as-you-play
Several posters on here will say the board were trying all January to sign this Belgian guy and his club tried to pull our pants down more, what more do you want?
Robbie Keane will get seriously injured against Burton, we'll finish 12th, Joka will join Werder Bremen and we, managed by Alan Curbishley, will get relegated to League 1 next year

And the added gate receipts by having a team winning game after game at home (in the manner of our performance against Hull) would recover the stupid negotiating loss in weeks...

@jolslover

#Olympiacos have reached an agreement with #ffc for Tasos Karamanos. The player will go to London to complete his transfer. #feirense

Just read this on twitter --- In before some absolute 'joker' says the last Greek striker we signed wasn't very good.
STH H3

Fulham Tup North

I can see it now...
We've probably spent all window negotiating some Belgium club down from £4m to £3.7m for some player we could have had on January 1st for the extra £300k
Now we've sold Matt Smith in anticipation of getting this guy but his Belgian club will say, hold on, it's the last day of the transfer window, you've sold all your strikers, so now you're desperate so we want £4.5m
Several posters on here will say the board were trying all January to sign this Belgian guy and his club tried to pull our pants down more, what more do you want?
Robbie Keane will get seriously injured against Burton, we'll finish 12th, Joka will join Werder Bremen and we, managed by Alan Curbishley, will get relegated to League 1 next year
Nostradamus you ain't!! 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2017, 07:04:43 PM
#Olympiacos have reached an agreement with #ffc for Tasos Karamanos. The player will go to London to complete his transfer. #feirense

Just read this on twitter --- In before some absolute 'joker' says the last Greek striker we signed wasn't very good.

Or was good but not for us.  If SJ says he is good enough then he believes the guy can play.  Now for the next signing the Board owe us.

@jolslover

Quote from: toshes mate on January 30, 2017, 07:07:19 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2017, 07:04:43 PM

Or was good but not for us.  If SJ says he is good enough then he believes the guy can play.  Now for the next signing the Board owe us.

Can't say he looks too good on football manager (Is surprisingly a great source to look up players, very in depth database) and there is nothing about him on youtube. Not sure many will be pleased if he comes in as our only deadline day signing.
Fee is apparently 1.5 million.
Yeah Im joking, Mitroglou was a very good player in my opinion just didnt work out at FFC.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

I can see it now...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white