Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2017, 07:08:26 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on January 30, 2017, 07:07:19 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2017, 07:04:43 PM
#Olympiacos have reached an agreement with #ffc for Tasos Karamanos. The player will go to London to complete his transfer. #feirense

Just read this on twitter --- In before some absolute 'joker' says the last Greek striker we signed wasn't very good.

Or was good but not for us.  If SJ says he is good enough then he believes the guy can play.  Now for the next signing the Board owe us.

Can't say he looks too good on football manager (Is surprisingly a great source to look up players, very in depth database) and there is nothing about him on youtube. Not sure many will be pleased if he comes in as our only deadline day signing.
Fee is apparently 1.5 million.
Yeah Im joking, Mitroglou was a very good player in my opinion just didnt work out at FFC.

I like FM too.  I believe SJ's man management is second to none as he appears to get players believing in themselves and so £1.5m may not be much but he could turn into another bargain buy.

twang

#Olympiacos have reached an agreement with #ffc for Tasos Karamanos. The player will go to London to complete his transfer. #feirense

Just read this on twitter --- In before some absolute 'joker' says the last Greek striker we signed wasn't very good.

If I were in Jokanovic' shoes and the club only signed this guy and Petsos this window, I'd walk first thing Wednesday morning. I mean what's the point if the board's idea of backing the manager is to sign two second-rate Greeks?

@jolslover

Quote from: twang on January 30, 2017, 07:14:34 PM

If I were in Jokanovic' shoes and the club only signed this guy and Petsos this window, I'd walk first thing Wednesday morning. I mean what's the point if the board's idea of backing the manager is to sign two second-rate Greeks?

Bit harsh. Dont knock them till you've seen them play.
Don't mind people criticising signings if they have seen them play.
STH H3

rvFFC

Bring in Bogle and a foreign striker, if bogle isn't up to scratch then at least we would have 2 alternatives

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: toshes mate on January 30, 2017, 07:07:19 PM

Or was good but not for us.  If SJ says he is good enough then he believes the guy can play.  Now for the next signing the Board owe us.

Underwhelming to say the least from his Wikipedia entry:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasios_Karamanos

rvFFC

Appears to have only scored 5 this season  :023:

twang

Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2017, 07:15:20 PM

Not harsh at all IMHO.
Yes he could turn out to be the bargain of the century, but his career stats tell a different story. And that's the point: The manager has proved himself and deserve the club's backing, money is (or at least should be) available and we're close to the top six. This isn't the time to buy another Orlando Sá and hope for the best, this is the time to actually invest some money in a striker that either is performing or has a recent history of doing so. This lad ticks neither of those boxes unfortunately.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I seem to remember Johansen being rubbished before he came and look the view of him now.

mkras99

Dean Jones ‏@DeanJonesBR  1m1 minute ago
More
Brentford have accepted offer from Aston Villa for striker Scott Hogan. Doesn't mean they'll get him, player hoped for Premier League move

fulhamben

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 30, 2017, 07:26:38 PM

I seem to remember Johansen being rubbished before he came  and look the view of him now.
he is rubbish. Just because he has scored countless goals and a shed load of assists, a great passer and with a great engine, doesn't mean he is as good as Parker. Who is none of those things.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Your bound to love them being foreign.
I'm sure you hate England... lol

fulhamben

Wow just checked out tasos stats. He is a direct replacement lfor Smith goal wise. Both average about 3 a season. And more worryingly, he is a striker / winger ( which in my mind means they are not good enough to hold down one position when it says that about a Player)
Still if he relegates the derby player to the bench then it's all good with me

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on January 30, 2017, 07:36:27 PM
Wow just checked out tasos stats. He is a direct replacing for Smith goal wise. Both average about 3 a season. And more worryingly, he is a striker / winger ( which in myind means they are not good enough to hold down one position when it says that about a player)
Strange most people would look at versatility as a positive.
STH H3

Fulham Tup North

Appears to have only scored 5 this season  :023:
[/quote]
True but he has only had 3 games!! 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Hi Twang.  I agree with the underlying sentiment of your post and I too am fed up with the antics of our backroom boys.  However, I would note that McDonald, Malone, Johansen, Ayite, Aluko and Martin (yes, even he) have all done jobs for SJ in producing a team fit for higher things in the Championship and perhaps after.  Yes, we should invest (as we perhaps should have done with Dembele) but you cannot always do the right thing as history tells us time and time again.  SJ is a brilliant manager and he knows what he is doing, what he wants to achieve (by summer if at all possible), and how he can improve the odds in his favour.   I will listen to him carefully after the transfer window shuts and gather what I can.  I will post on this forum in the manner of what he implies and infers and I hope others will continue to increase expectations for this Club to the level Khan appeared to engender when he took over.  The supporters deserve PL football at Craven Cottage and I will do my level best to promote that spirit throughout the Club as often as I can or until I am told to shut up. 

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 07:34:58 PM

How can I love a player I have never seen play. I am just saying give him a chance rather than writing him off.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2017, 07:38:07 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 30, 2017, 07:36:27 PM
Wow just checked out tasos stats. He is a direct replacing for Smith goal wise. Both average about 3 a season. And more worryingly, he is a striker / winger ( which in myind means they are not good enough to hold down one position when it says that about a player)
Strange most people would look at versatility as a positive.
We got a squad of versatile players, and no proper striker to replace the derby player, and if you are exceptionally good in one position then you don't get moved around all the time. It's up there with substitute teachers

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 30, 2017, 07:38:34 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 07:34:58 PM

How can I love a player I have never seen play. I am just saying give him a chance rather than writing him off.

I'm only having a laugh Jols...lol

@jolslover

Just seen Lucas Joao gone on loan to Blackburn from Wednesday, I would have had him here.
STH H3