more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2017, 02:56:16 PM
Glenn Murray loan move to Brighton has been made permanent.
Brighton showing how January transfers should be done without any panic
Sign proven Champioship striker currently on loan on permant terms - SORTED
Sign promising  Arsenal youngster with first team experience on loan as back up -SORTED

As it stands for ourselves get rid of our two back up strikers (one experienced sent to a Championship rival)  leaving one striker who publicly has indicated he wants to go up north and has shown no reluctance to refuse to play if the mood suits him

SG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2017, 02:48:39 PM
Quote from: Bracken White on January 31, 2017, 02:43:59 PM
Still crazy, in my book, that he we are down to the last day and scrambling around for a new striker - having offloaded all the others bar one, in one way or the other. Appalling planning by any counts.

What do you expect when the lunatic's are running the asylum.

Lets be realistic here. if any other management board ran their business in this manner they would be sacked by the shareholders. Whatever does or does not happen in the next few hours this is irresponsible and incompetence on a grand scale. I will be patient for another 8 hours but it is not looking good. Khan will be looking to secure our money nice and early for season ticket renewals. Maybe we should wait until a few hours before the opening game of the season before parting with our hard earned monies

Walsh

bucksfulham

Now being reported that deal is likely to be off. Too complicated for deadline day. http://sportwitness.co.uk/exclusive-fulham-transfer-brink-collapse-complicated-deadline-day/
Effing typical.  :dft004:

river phoenix

Quote from: bucksfulham on January 31, 2017, 03:18:50 PM
Now being reported that deal is likely to be off. Too complicated for deadline day. http://sportwitness.co.uk/exclusive-fulham-transfer-brink-collapse-complicated-deadline-day/

Why did they wait until freakin Deadline Day to make a bid?  :046:

ToodlesMcToot

Why react this way? Seems Eibar are being underhanded with a player they are supposedly wanting to keep. How does this behavior do them any favors? If they keep him in this manner, they've unsettled him and the squad by showing they are willing to screw over their players even when they behave in an honest manner. If the contract is written in such a way that the club is allowed to do this to the player and a club with an honest and qualifying bid, then his agent should be fired for incompetence.

I'm as frustrated as anyone with our club for the way they conduct themselves in the xfer window but, if this account is to be believed our club and chairman is willing to spend 10 million euros on a proper striker and give the player a pay raise to tempt the player to England. How were we to know Eibar would behave like children when the player was interested in leaving?

Leaving all our business til the last day IS pretty stupid however. You'll get my 100% agreement there.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

zander

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 31, 2017, 03:28:37 PM

http://www.cityam.com/252013/recent-change-spains-tax-laws-could-make-buying-liga-manchester-united

That suggests the tax may have been removed...

Hm interesting. As Toodles says this is Eibar dragging their heels.

We would of know about the potential issues of a release fee before getting involved so something could be worked out. Last day is far from ideal but then it puts pressure on them as well as us.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: zander on January 31, 2017, 03:34:32 PM

We would of know about the potential issues of a release fee before getting involved so something could be worked out. Last day is far from ideal but then it puts pressure on them as well as us.

If it is them dragging their heels and that article is correct then they're dragging them over something they have no control over.  If the law states that the money transferred to the player to buy out his contract is no longer taxable then they can't ask for more money to cover the taxed figure.  If it's them claiming they can fully knowing that they can't then I'd hope we're in contact with various authorities because that would probably amount to at least some form of financial wrongdoing and just wouldn't be worth the fall out over one player.

zander

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 31, 2017, 03:39:27 PM
Quote from: zander on January 31, 2017, 03:34:32 PM

If it is them dragging their heels and that article is correct then they're dragging them over something they have no control over.  If the law states that the money transferred to the player to buy out his contract is no longer taxable then they can't ask for more money to cover the taxed figure.  If it's them claiming they can fully knowing that they can't then I'd hope we're in contact with various authorities because that would probably amount to at least some form of financial wrongdoing and just wouldn't be worth the fall out over one player.

That's my reading on it based on the information available. The article may be correct that Eibar are trying to claim this but the reality of it actually stopping the deal may be less likely.

Fulham76

As I said on another thread earlier, our unknown/unheard of 2nd division Belgium or Danish league player will be announced by the end of the day, don't panic.

JoelH5

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 31, 2017, 03:48:23 PM
As I said on another thread earlier, our unknown/unheard of 2nd division Belgium or Danish league player will be announced by the end of the day, don't panic.

Name?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Chutney

If we don't get a better striker than Martin in by end of play today our play off push is over, it is really that simple.
C O Y W

Arthur

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 31, 2017, 03:39:27 PM
If it is them dragging their heels and that article is correct then they're dragging them over something they have no control over.

If it's true that Eibar don't want him to leave and will put him on better money should he stay (why does that seem familiar?), it appears, to me, as if the player is playing both clubs for the best contract that either will offer. This could turn into the transfer equivalent of Russian roulette.

Nero

dhowells21

Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2017, 03:52:09 PM
Adebayor and Keane you can see it now

Adebayor has gone to Turkey today. Even lost our plan B  :012: