watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - the hunt for the Putney Bridge jogger

Started by SP, August 08, 2017, 07:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Even if caught, it would be so difficult to prove without him admitting intent. That said, he doesn't appear to slow down or look back after he whacks into her. Any decent lawyer prompting him and he would end up saying ' sorry, I wasn't concentrating, put my arms out when saw her at the last minute to stop running into her, I never thought I had knocked her over, so much on my mind, my wife has left me, blah blah'...
Even though he's clearly an arrogant dick, sadly, I doubt he would ever be convicted of anything that would send him to jail.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

G_Gribby

According to a news portal, the jogger would running back the same way a short while later. The woman who had previously been pushed then tried to stop him without success.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on August 09, 2017, 10:14:04 AM
Even if caught, it would be so difficult to prove without him admitting intent. That said, he doesn't appear to slow down or look back after he whacks into her. Any decent lawyer prompting him and he would end up saying ' sorry, I wasn't concentrating, put my arms out when saw her at the last minute to stop running into her, I never thought I had knocked her over, so much on my mind, my wife has left me, blah blah'...
Even though he's clearly an arrogant dick, sadly, I doubt he would ever be convicted of anything that would send him to jail.

Are you joking. Video evidence is clear cut. Even OJs lawyers couldn't get him off.

epsomraver

Just been pointed out on another forum, if you watch closely she tries to trip him up as approaches her so not so clear cut as people might think, watch for her right leg coming up.

epsomraver

Quote from: G_Gribby on August 09, 2017, 10:45:57 AM
According to a news portal, the jogger would running back the same way a short while later. The woman who had previously been pushed then tried to stop him without success.

See the post above  and you can see why he had no problem coming back, another trial by social media

rweller86

Quote from: epsomraver on August 09, 2017, 12:48:58 PM
Just been pointed out on another forum, if you watch closely she tries to trip him up as approaches her so not so clear cut as people might think, watch for her right leg coming up.
Contact is made before her leg comes out - when you slow it down, she is falling away when her leg comes out.
@rweller

MJG

Quote from: rweller86 on August 09, 2017, 12:58:23 PM
Contact is made before her leg comes out - when you slow it down, she is falling away when her leg comes out.
Also he seems to move towards here slightly. If you follow him level with the shadow he seems to slightly move to his right towards here. Also if she had gone to trip him, why did he not stop at all? If he was to be the victim of something why not confront her?
Just the views of a long term fan

Carborundum

Set of railings parallel to the road wouldn't go amiss.  Wonder if the bridge connects two boroughs and that's why they aren't in place already.

Walking along that bridge to the game I've often thought how easy it would be for a little one to take a wrong step....

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on August 09, 2017, 01:02:56 PM
Also he seems to move towards here slightly. If you follow him level with the shadow he seems to slightly move to his right towards here. Also if she had gone to trip him, why did he not stop at all? If he was to be the victim of something why not confront her?

Can be interpreted either way, just strange that he came back the same way 15 minutes later, if you or I had done something like shove her for no good reason don't think we would come back the same way, I am not making any judgement on this, video is not that great , the bus has video so perhaps that is clearer?  just pointing out that possibly an  attempted trip was made and that would explain it, why else would you shove a person over like that?

epsomraver

Quote from: Carborundum on August 09, 2017, 01:09:30 PM
Set of railings parallel to the road wouldn't go amiss.  Wonder if the bridge connects two boroughs and that's why they aren't in place already.

Walking along that bridge to the game I've often thought how easy it would be for a little one to take a wrong step....

That applies to thousands of miles of pavements , you cannot fence the whole lot in

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on August 09, 2017, 01:14:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 09, 2017, 01:02:56 PM

Can be interpreted either way, just strange that he came back the same way 15 minutes later, if you or I had done something like shove her for no good reason don't think we would come back the same way, I am not making any judgement on this, video is not that great , the bus has video so perhaps that is clearer?  just pointing out that possibly an  attempted trip was made and that would explain it, why else would you shove a person over like that?
Why would you go to trip someone? Must admit I slowed video down after reading your post. her leg does go out but it seems to be after he touches her.

Whole thing is very odd no matter what way you look at it.

many joggers are very regimented in their routines. I suspect any time since then he has run over that bridge at the same time give or take a few minutes difference.
From today....hes running over Hammersmith Bridge.
Just the views of a long term fan

Logicalman

My thoughts exactly. All such bridges should have railings, not only for this kind of thing (falling rather than deliberately pushing) but also it might inhibit the kind of thing we saw on Westminster Bridge not too long ago.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

I have not seen the video, but......
Can I put another slant on it. We're the two of them known to each other before the alleged incident. But are no longer good friends, a romantic tiff maybe, that has turned hostile.
Therefore, on that basis maybe one knew the other would be in a certain place at a certain time, and there was confrontation.
I admit it's unlikely view of the situation, nevertheless, you never know, funnier things have happened.
But it's another angle, and a different view.
You cannot rule out anything in the absence of any facts.
Unless of course there is a huge age difference that makes this theory unlikely.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Count Flapula

Quote from: epsomraver on August 09, 2017, 01:16:29 PM

That applies to thousands of miles of pavements , you cannot fence the whole lot in

Aside from or in addition to this incident, after what has happened this year on Westminster Bridge and London Bridge railings on ALL Thames bridges in London should be a priority.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 09, 2017, 01:33:24 PM
I have not seen the video, but......
Can I put another slant on it. We're the two of them known to each other before the alleged incident. But are no longer good friends, a romantic tiff maybe, that has turned hostile.
Therefore, on that basis maybe one knew the other would be in a certain place at a certain time, and there was confrontation.
I admit it's unlikely view of the situation, nevertheless, you never know, funnier things have happened.
But it's another angle, and a different view.
You cannot rule out anything in the absence of any facts.
Unless of course there is a huge age difference that makes this theory unlikely.
id imagine that if he were known to her then we wouldn't have ever seen the video. No need to appeal to find someone if you alr Andy know who he is
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

...just strange that he came back the same way 15 minutes later, if you or I had done something like shove her for no good reason don't think we would come back the same way...

If you live on the Putney side of the bridge and you cross it to the Fulham side, it's a long way round to get home again if you don't come back the same way.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Arthur on August 09, 2017, 02:19:51 PM
...just strange that he came back the same way 15 minutes later, if you or I had done something like shove her for no good reason don't think we would come back the same way...

If you live on the Putney side of the bridge and you cross it to the Fulham side, it's a long way round to get home again if you don't come back the same way.

He could have crossed on the Rail Bridge.I think he knew he bumped into someone but didn't realise exactly what transpired afterwards.Obviously should have apologised at the time.Maybe someone on holiday ?

Milo

Couldn't it have been an accident? Not been looking and bumped into her? Admittedly any normal person would've apologised and checked she as okay... I think he just ignored her?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Milo on August 09, 2017, 05:10:37 PM
Couldn't it have been an accident? Not been looking and bumped into her? Admittedly any normal person would've apologised and checked she as okay... I think he just ignored her?

He changed course as he got to her - looked dodgy.