more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Message From Our Chairman

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 18, 2018, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2018, 09:11:19 AM
In response to a few posts... I think there needs to be a distinction between criticising and just not being impressed.
Not being impressed sums me up simply because what is there to be impressed about.  Khan wakes up one morning to his son on the 'phone saying "the natives seem to be getting restless..." 

Milo

Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2018, 09:11:19 AM
In response to a few posts... I think there needs to be a distinction between criticising and just not being impressed.

I wouldn't complain about this statement and I don't think many actually are. I'd say the worst reaction, and my reaction, is just indifference, ie, this statement means nothing, I'm not impressed in any way.

For the record, personally I'm content with the *actions* Khan is taking at the moment for the management of our club. Of course that will change if we don't show ambition and competence in the transfer market over the coming months... But for the time being, nothing in this statement makes me unhappy or critical, i just don't care about it.

I agree.

I started reading, soon realised there was no real content, and skim read the remainder.

I just feel that this was most likely a way for Khan to score simple points with the more easily buoyed fans. Points in the bank are helpful when tides turn in the future eg unsuccessful transfer windows etc.

However as Statto says, we are in no way criticising Khan. Indifferent is a good description actually.

toshes mate

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on June 20, 2018, 09:51:59 AM
To my way of thinking the Chairmans letter was well timed as the Club had no other news to speak of
Please see my comment about 'natives getting restless (or at least some of them)' above.  But at least the Chairman is thinking about you being restless and wants you to have another glass of Champagne and chill out....

Lighthouse

My mistake, when I read it was just a postcard and had nothing in it and no content I took that to be a complaint by those making such statements. I now realise they were not complaining just wanting to show how unimpressed they all were.   092.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Snibbo

He makes no statement and gets criticised for non communication.  He makes a statement and still gets criticised.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2018, 10:07:14 AM
Quote from: MJG on June 20, 2018, 08:58:27 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2018, 08:55:56 AM
Quote from: MJG on June 20, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
It was an FA council meeting where it had to be made public.
Which, of course, he would/could have deduced the timing of in discussions before he made the offer, but he wasn't to know Fulham would get to a 'play-off' final....
considering he first mentioned the idea last year I don't think it was anywhere near his thoughts and of course the FA have to consider and talk about it to the wider board/council at some point.
Mentioning an 'idea' and making a serious cash offer are two completely different things.  The former wouldn't necessarily warrant the need for the FA to take it any further; the latter would.
An idea over a year ago that then led to an offer well before we were anywhere near Wembley.
Just the views of a long term fan

grandad

I welcome any message, article, pressser onthe Offal. What I have no time for are the bedroom journo rhumours on the transfer thread. I gave up looking at this page weeks ago. All these so called authoritative sites do is copy & paste from others.. As soon as you read, "we understand, we are lead to believe, sources close to,etc".just pass it by.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose returns

I am amazed. I am usually the critical one but it seems to me this was genuinely a very nice personal message. Just saying he is one of us and enjoying the moment... i would have done the same. He doesn't need to say any more or less, i enjoyed his comments and am pleased he wrote them. In truth i was encouraged because it sounds like he is hooked!

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on June 20, 2018, 11:12:09 AM
An idea over a year ago that then led to an offer well before we were anywhere near Wembley.
I checked with Sky about the original content of the FA announcement and they confirmed thus 'English football officials were tight-lipped on details publicly, saying only that "the FA has received an offer to buy Wembley Stadium" in late April'.  And so somebody else must have tipped the media off as to Khan's identity.  It is interesting to note that Khan's motive was reported to indicate he wanted to circumvent any competing NFL franchise interest in London other than Jacksonville Jaguars.  It was only after further questioning that any connection with FFC (e,g, a move to Wembley Stadium) was deemed to be, at the very most, tenuous.

I mention this only to suggest that when it suits Khan it is private and when it suits Khan it is public.       

toshes mate

Quote from: nose returns on June 20, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
I am amazed. I am usually the critical one but it seems to me this was genuinely a very nice personal message. Just saying he is one of us and enjoying the moment... i would have done the same. He doesn't need to say any more or less, i enjoyed his comments and am pleased he wrote them. In truth i was encouraged because it sounds like he is hooked!
Hi nose.  Welcome back.  I think it is you who has been hooked....

Holders

The bloke can't win. I'm one who said that I'd like to hear from him more often and I thought that it would have been nice if he'd come over to us at Wembley but perhaps he just doesn't seek the limelight like Fayed did.

Ok, this recent message doesn't say anything that takes us forward but he makes the point that he keeps being congratulated on our success and is obviously enjoying it. I also recognise that we're only back where we were when he took over.

The proof of the pudding will be in recruitment and the Riverside. Things have not moved on tangibly since the last report on the latter but apparently the club is meeting contractors today.

On recruitment, it will be much harder this window due to the WC and also having to get transfers completed before the season starts. I think most of us would support that but it hardly works in our favour this of all years. No doubt those who are concerned with these things will be well aware and taking things as far as they can in the meantime. We can hardly expect a blow by blow account. You just don't report on negotiations like that.

I take it at face value - it doesn't say much but I still welcome the fact that he did it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2018, 11:56:06 AM
Quote from: MJG on June 20, 2018, 11:12:09 AM
I checked with Sky about the original content of the FA announcement and they confirmed thus 'English football officials were tight-lipped on details publicly, saying only that "the FA has received an offer to buy Wembley Stadium" in late April'.  And so somebody else must have tipped the media off as to Khan's identity.  It is interesting to note that Khan's motive was reported to indicate he wanted to circumvent any competing NFL franchise interest in London other than Jacksonville Jaguars.  It was only after further questioning that any connection with FFC (e,g, a move to Wembley Stadium) was deemed to be, at the very most, tenuous.

I mention this only to suggest that when it suits Khan it is private and when it suits Khan it is public.     
it all became public in 26th April because as I said it was to be discussed at the FA

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on June 20, 2018, 12:36:15 PM
it all became public in 26th April because as I said it was to be discussed at the FA
Yes, but you claimed in an earlier post the FA released Khan's name which they clearly didn't do.  That was my point.

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on June 20, 2018, 12:00:24 PM
The bloke can't win.
It isn't about winning.  He is the owner and he'll say when his time is up - he may even let Tony loose - and so he cannot lose. 

My view is the message is aimed at an easy win with people who already love him to bits.  That is just ego talk and it is as cheap as chips.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2018, 12:45:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 20, 2018, 12:36:15 PM
Yes, but you claimed in an earlier post the FA released Khan's name which they clearly didn't do.  That was my point.
It was from the reports on the day as it was made public because of the meeting.

snarks

I was going to say no more on this having said my bit at the beginning, and I'm not expecting this to change anyone's mind, but....

Look at the number of threads on here, talking about Wembley, there are quite a few, about how well the team played, the fans, top 10 things about the day. I still listen to Gentleman Jim going mad at the goal and the final whistle and it still gives me goose bumps.

Our Chairman, did pretty much the same, said he enjoyed it, said it was a memory of a lifetime (it is for me - one of several that I have, those memories will be my reminiscences when I'm old(er) and grey (er)).

I don't care whether it gave nothing away about his plans, it wasn't for that, that will come in due course. I just thought it was a nice touch from the man, and it came across as joyful. That's it, I don't care if it was for his ego, it gave me a satisfied feeling.

HatterDon

I enjoyed his calling Fulham "your club"

now off to add to my "don't see" list
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose returns

Quote from: toshes mate on June 20, 2018, 11:57:12 AM
Quote from: nose returns on June 20, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
Hi nose.  Welcome back.  I think it is you who has been hooked....

I have been hooked for years.... not sure I have recovered my previous cutting edge yet
getting to wembley and winning a massive one off game was a rare privilege I am still shell shocked.
After the game (and diner at a rather nice restaurant we found near wembley stadium) I drove straight to the cottage, it was something I had to do and made not taking public transport seem a good idea (which it wasn't). I just had to go there and was pleased there were at least 8 other in a state of dubious sobriety.
I think the chairman's message was the equivalent of me driving to the ground, something he felt he had to do.
Nice to be remembered by a few people on here. not sure I like my new AKA, may yet change it to something more pithy.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2018, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 20, 2018, 11:05:34 AM
My mistake, when I read it was just a postcard and had nothing in it and no content I took that to be a complaint by those making such statements. I now realise they were not complaining just wanting to show how unimpressed they all were.   092.gif

Very cutting.
However if I came on here and said Jokanovic is the best manager in the world you would be the first to say steady on. Then if I said shut up, why are you always so critical, you'd get your knickers in a proper twist and tell me you're entitled to express a more moderate view

Good grief. Not content with voicing your own opinion. You are now making up entire posts imagining what other people say in reaction to posts that you haven't made.  :doh:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SuffolkWhite

I tell you what this thread and the transfer thread are right up there with day time tv, what a waste of energy 064.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"