Started by HamsterWheel, September 04, 2018, 03:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCpmd

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 06, 2018, 11:18:53 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 06, 2018, 09:34:07 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 05, 2018, 11:23:12 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 05, 2018, 02:53:45 PM
Totally deserved. Betts has been our best keeper for a long time and remains our best until I see someone capable of taking over as our number one (and as yet I haven't).

So very pleased for him and as others have reminded us, he's one of our own.

You saw Fabri for 2 games. Rico for 1. Both wouldn't have been brought in if Bettinelli was 100% capable.

You reaallllly hate Betts don't you?! Only time I ever see you post is to big up Fabri and Rico and say Betts is useless!

Please show me where I called him useless?

My opinion is that Fabri and Rico are steps up for Bettinelli, who is a decent keeper, but we can do better.

But you've only seen Fabri twice and Rico once!

hovewhite

Fabri in the 2 games he's looked inferior to Betts in my view and I'm thinking slav felt the same!

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Twig on September 06, 2018, 10:25:02 PM
Totally deserved. Betts has been our best keeper for a long time and remains our best until I see someone capable of taking over as our number one (and as yet I haven't).

You saw Fabri for 2 games. Rico for 1. Both wouldn't have been brought in if Bettinelli was 100% capable.

You reaallllly hate Betts don't you?! Only time I ever see you post is to big up Fabri and Rico and say Betts is useless!

My opinion is that Fabri and Rico are steps up for Bettinelli, who is a decent keeper, but we can do better.

I've seen both play at a significantly higher standard in the CL.

Facts Not Fiction

Statistically, Bettinelli has worse distribution success rate than Fabri, and a worse successful save rate over the 2 games. Not opinion, fact.

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 07, 2018, 08:15:36 AM

That old chestnut again. So when you accused me of judging Fabri and Rico after 2 and 1 games respectively you must have assumed I don't watch champions league?

twang

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 07, 2018, 08:16:49 AM
Statistically, Bettinelli has worse distribution success rate than Fabri, and a worse successful save rate over the 2 games. Not opinion, fact.

And here's another fact: We are yet to lose with Bettinelli in goal this seaon, whereas we've only lost with Fabri in goal.

Jamie88

Here's another fact - We have only lost 4 league matches (including 2 play-off matches) in Betts' last 43 appearances in goal for us - Reading in the Play-offs, Sunderland away, Birmingham away and Derby in the Play-offs. We also haven't lost a home league match with him in goal since the 2015-16 season v Nottm Forest

HanseatUK

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 07, 2018, 09:16:14 AM

Here's another fact - We have only lost 4 league matches (including 2 play-off matches) in Betts' last 43 appearances in goal for us - Reading in the Play-offs, Sunderland away, Birmingham away and Derby in the Play-offs. We also haven't lost a home league match with him in goal since the 2015-16 season v Nottm Forest

Wow, that home record is impressive! Was not aware of that.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 07, 2018, 09:16:14 AM

That fact relates to the team, not the man himself.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: twang on September 07, 2018, 09:02:49 AM

And here's another fact: We are yet to lose with Bettinelli in goal this seaon, whereas we've only lost with Fabri in goal.

Team fact, not individual.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Twig on September 07, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

That old chestnut again. So when you accused me of judging Fabri and Rico after 2 and 1 games respectively you must have assumed I don't watch champions league?

So you have observed them both play consistently at a much higher level?

I Ronic

Does it matter who plays where? Slavs picks the player he feels will do best in any particular game. He now has three keepers who all have their strengths. Several things happen when new players step into the squad. A player whose spot is under pressure can up his game. As Betts has done before. He may want away. Players coming in have to get to grips with possible a new league, country, language and style of play etc.
My heart would like Betts, as one of our own, to keep the shirt. My head wants the best possible player available to us.

filham

Well doe Betts, hope you are given some game time and a cap quite soon.
This really must give you the edge and make you our no 1 keeper.

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 07, 2018, 01:37:43 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 07, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

So you have observed them both play consistently at a much higher level?

Not consistently no. Several of their Champions League appearances were in games that were not of a higher standard than the prem.

Twig

Would this be Fabri's distribution in just two games? If so I am sure you fully u derstand that the statistical significance of such a small sample is far too low to provide any factual evidence?

hovewhite

Great position for Slav to have the chioce.

Vinnieffc

Heres another fact.  Betts speaks English.  Quite important as I know having been an ex defender with a few non English speaking keepers.

Southcoastffc

Statistically, Fulham only lose league games this season if I don't attend.   "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

terryr

Ahh but how many penalties have each saved?