watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zambo Anguissa and Odoi

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 22, 2018, 02:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Must both start. Anguissa and Seri have great chemistry and work well going forward with one another, and Odoi didn't put a foot wrong in defense. Mawson and Chambers need to have a sit down about how in disarray we were in the 1st half...and Chambers almost cost us the game with that silly trap and holding on to the ball in the 2nd.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deeping_white

I think we need to start playing to the strengths of players rather than shoehorning them into our 4-3-3. I hate to make so many changes to the defence but next week I'd have Odoi and MLM as CB's as both seem most comfortable in our system, move Sess forward and play Bryan at LB. Allow Zambo to protect the back four, play with Schurrle and Sess as wingers with Vietto playing off Mitro and we'll be more compact without losing the attacking potency

WindyCity

Anguissa showed flashes of what he could be at a higher level, but he has to speed his game up.  Took too much time on several occasions and got eaten up.  PL is a much quicker game than maybe what he's used to.

Jonnoj

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 22, 2018, 03:11:58 PM
I think we need to start playing to the strengths of players rather than shoehorning them into our 4-3-3. I hate to make so many changes to the defence but next week I'd have Odoi and MLM as CB's as both seem most comfortable in our system, move Sess forward and play Bryan at LB. Allow Zambo to protect the back four, play with Schurrle and Sess as wingers with Vietto playing off Mitro and we'll be more compact without losing the attacking potency
Agree with every word of that. Anguissa made a big difference to Seri and odoi is our most intelligent defender , he makes those around him more effective

hovewhite

Anguissa and odio must start as first half Mawson and Chambers looked a couple of clowns,Mawson from the off couldn't contain deeney, alongside him Chambers a liability,with whom I would return to arsenal. Sess I thought looked like he's getting to grips with the premier league, anguissa,seri and TC first picks midfield.Did enjoy the second half by Fulham.

Woolly Mammoth

We could not have played any worse in the second half, after that abysmal first half. We got out of jail today, let's face it.
Because of that I am grateful for a point. We nearly won it in the end. But somehow we kept a clean sheet in the second half, and that in itself is a result, because we won the second half.
Nevertheless, we looked shocking in the first half. We will not get away with it like that again.
Before we do anything else, we have to sought out that defence including the defensive midfield players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: hovewhite on September 22, 2018, 03:25:27 PM
Anguissa and odio must start as first half Mawson and Chambers looked a couple of clowns,Mawson from the off couldn't contain deeney, alongside him Chambers a liability,with whom I would return to arsenal. Sess I thought looked like he's getting to grips with the premier league, anguissa,seri and TC first picks midfield.Did enjoy the second half by Fulham.
Yep, I`d go along with that.....Sussex minds think alike 049:gif 049:gif

DevonFFC

Quote from: WindyCity on September 22, 2018, 03:17:11 PM
Anguissa showed flashes of what he could be at a higher level, but he has to speed his game up.  Took too much time on several occasions and got eaten up.  PL is a much quicker game than maybe what he's used to.

Evra was on A League of Their Own this week and he spoke of his first game.

He had a stinker in the first 45, SAF pulled him off at half time and told him to watch and learn how the Premierleague is played.

It is such a physical and quick league, if you have not played in it before it will be a complete shock

FulhamKC

Quote from: WindyCity on September 22, 2018, 03:17:11 PM

I totally agree with this.

Facts Not Fiction

Both have to start next game.

What frustrates me with jokanovic is how he got the 1st half so wrong, but the 2nd spot on.

bobby01

, "what a difference odoi makes"
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

e4b

Lighthouse

Deeney apparently has three broken toes and thinks he broke another bone today in his foot. No wonder Odoi played so well when  he came on. Problem is Mawson played as if he had a few broken bones in the first half and Chambers as if he was looking for some back bone all game. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 22, 2018, 04:01:32 PM
Both have to start next game.

What frustrates me with jokanovic is how he
Quote from: bobby01 on September 22, 2018, 04:13:59 PM
, "what a difference odoi makes"

Difficult to believe that Odoi is looking so much better than Chambbers and Mawson, it begs the question did we spend big money on the right centre backs in the summer or have we repeated the Iclandic disaster.

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 22, 2018, 04:28:05 PM
Deeney apparently has three broken toes and thinks he broke another bone today in his foot. No wonder Odoi played so well when  he came on. Problem is Mawson played as if he had a few broken bones in the first half and Chambers as if he was looking for some back bone all game. 

Don't know why you feel the need to downplay Odoi's performance, he was excellent. Do you seriously believe TD started with 3 broken toes? No way.

hovewhite

Twig

I do agree that Zambo needs to speed up a bit but he did make a big difference, as did Odoi. But nobody has mentioned Ayite n this thread, he also made a positive difference, he drove us forward more effectively.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Twig on September 22, 2018, 04:38:16 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 22, 2018, 04:28:05 PM

Don't know why you feel the need to downplay Odoi's performance, he was excellent. Do you seriously believe TD started with 3 broken toes? No way.

I wasn't down playing it. I was making a joke. You know about those do you? Yes Deeney has said he is playing with broken toes and is going to hospital for a further scan after the tackle by Fulhams F Mensah which he apologised for. But I am sorry for the light hearted banter. It has no place here now we are in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Odoi and Ayite know the there position in slavs team plan and what part of the pitch they need to be, likewise when fit reammmmm which I believe will make a huge difference to Fulham on the pitch.

Andy S

Let's not knock it today was a very enjoyable game of football which was played in the right spirit. Even at the end a Watford player was helping a Fulham player with cramp. Watford won the first half we won the second half. Well done to all involved