more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bad results today

Started by ffcne, January 19, 2019, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 05:52:11 PM
What worries me is the defeatist attitude of our fans, well fans who use this forum.

If the points are still there why are we not believing that we can some how get them? You speak to other fans of other clubs and they more often than not have a never say die attitude.

I understand many on here will come on to be sarcastic and sit behind a screen but honestly i question are other clubs that much more passionate or is it a front they put on?

You're talking nonsense, and why you chose to single out this Forum, or the people who use it, is beyond me. If you look around the whole FFC social platform, it's the same, negativity everywhere, arguments between fans, finger pointing at the ownership etc. I was only looking at a Huddersfield Forum the other day, and it was more ripe than FOF. Just think you're looking for a cheap swipe at people, as they don't share the same positive opinions as you. If it's to much, take a break.

BedsFFC

Quote from: WindyCity on January 19, 2019, 05:55:45 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 19, 2019, 05:46:01 PM
If we do not win tomorrow I fear the writing will be on the wall. Be hard to catch up, but I am stubborn enough not to surrender, I just hope the players don't either.
Unfortunately you reap what you sow, not forgetting poor judgement from the recruitment unit, and the consequences of a poor preseason and inadequate preparation, mediocre organisation, and jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by sacking the wrong man at the time, that's my opinion, but despite all that my instinct will not allow me to surrender.

I admire your optimism.  That said, what has this club shown you that inspires?  We've seen a lot of disappointing results, and losses/draws in games that should have been won (supposedly lesser foes) and should have ended in three points.  But more than the results themselves, haven't we seen some very poor games, with no heart, no energy, seemingly no passion or desire?  That's what disappoints the most. 

I want to see FFC survive this season, if at all possible, because my fear is that we see League 1 in short order, with CR gone along with Sess, Mitro and others.  If FFC can somehow escape, the upcoming off season can fix what ails.  But sadly I just don't see survival.

Optimism. Eh?

Nero

you don't get out of the mire by losing to teams around

Twig

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 04:53:55 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 19, 2019, 04:46:38 PM
I can see us and Cardiff getting left adrift with the Terriers and it all over within 2 weeks. Saints and Toon getting back in their stride, Palace standing toe-toe with Plod, even Burnley who are shocking will grind their way to a draw at Watford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcastle are playing Cardiff hardly the best opponents. They will struggle against better teams as we all will down here. Just got to show some guys and fight.

How important could that last game of the season at home to Newcastle be

Of zero importance, we will be mathematically relegated long before then. This season is over after a disastrously mismanaged summer transfer window.

WindyCity

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 19, 2019, 05:59:19 PM
If we do not win tomorrow I fear the writing will be on the wall. Be hard to catch up, but I am stubborn enough not to surrender, I just hope the players don't either.
Unfortunately you reap what you sow, not forgetting poor judgement from the recruitment unit, and the consequences of a poor preseason and inadequate preparation, mediocre organisation, and jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by sacking the wrong man at the time, that's my opinion, but despite all that my instinct will not allow me to surrender.

I admire your optimism.  That said, what has this club shown you that inspires?  We've seen a lot of disappointing results, and losses/draws in games that should have been won (supposedly lesser foes) and should have ended in three points.  But more than the results themselves, haven't we seen some very poor games, with no heart, no energy, seemingly no passion or desire?  That's what disappoints the most. 

I want to see FFC survive this season, if at all possible, because my fear is that we see League 1 in short order, with CR gone along with Sess, Mitro and others.  If FFC can somehow escape, the upcoming off season can fix what ails.  But sadly I just don't see survival.

Optimism. Eh?

Eh?......

"I am stubborn enough not to surrender"

"but despite all that my instinct will not allow me to surrender."

Eh?

Fulham76

What worries me is the defeatist attitude of our fans, well fans who use this forum.

If the points are still there why are we not believing that we can some how get them? You speak to other fans of other clubs and they more often than not have a never say die attitude.

I understand many on here will come on to be sarcastic and sit behind a screen but honestly i question are other clubs that much more passionate or is it a front they put on?

Edit- I'm starting a debate of who is a bigger fan and attends more games just the attitude of some ofur fans in accepting defat before it's certain

It's not down to the fans though, is it?

Generally, I find the opposite to you whereby fans of most clubs are mainly negative about their teams prospects, unless they are Man City, Liverpool etc..
we're maninly negative because we've shown over 2/3 of the season that we're one of the worst teams in the league & we're now being left behind.

You can't seriously tell me that you regularly speak with fans of Birmingham city, Bolton, Stoke, Swansea, Reading, Northampton town, for example, and their outlook is always positive???

So I come back to my original point that it's not down to the fans, it's down to the players, management etc..& they've had 20 odd games to prove otherwise, but it hasn't happened.

Suggest if you want to have a dig at a fan base for being negative, you should visit a spurs or arsenal forum as they always think they should be much better & deserve much more than they already have.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on January 19, 2019, 05:58:19 PM

You're talking nonsense, and why you chose to single out this Forum, or the people who use it, is beyond me. If you look around the whole FFC social platform, it's the same, negativity everywhere, arguments between fans, finger pointing at the ownership etc. I was only looking at a Huddersfield Forum the other day, and it was more ripe than FOF. Just think you're looking for a cheap swipe at people, as they don't share the same positive opinions as you. If it's to much, take a break.

May add not all fans on this forum.

Back to your point, a cheap swipe? If you feel victimised then that's your issue.

I'm not telling you to be positive I just can't understandthe defeatist attitude, yes frustrations are boiling with regards to a number of issues within the club but regardless it is still possible to stay up albeit The players are going to have to show what they are capable of.

Going down should be the last thing we all want for the club surely, people speak about building for next season, we will be left thread bare is we go down, the team will be gutted and I fear that we will be sunk for many years.

Yes the championship was fun when we were winning, we loved the style of football but I would trade that all for to be a struggling club in the premier league.

Spirit of 2000

It's not defeatism..  it's realism and being practical. Why waste £££ now trying to fix something that's too far gone when we should be making sure we're healthy going into the championship.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 19, 2019, 06:11:29 PM

Edit- I'm starting a debate of who is a bigger fan and attends more games just the attitude of some ofur fans in accepting defat before it's certain

Generally, I find the opposite to you whereby fans of most clubs are mainly negative about their teams prospects, unless they are Man City, Liverpool etc..
we're maninly negative because we've shown over 2/3 of the season that we're one of the worst teams in the league & we're now being left behind.

You can't seriously tell me that you regularly speak with fans of Birmingham city, Bolton, Stoke, Swansea, Reading, Northampton town, for example, and their outlook is always positive???

So I come back to my original point that it's not down to the fans, it's down to the players, management etc..& they've had 20 odd games to prove otherwise, but it hasn't happened.

Suggest if you want to have a dig at a fan base for being negative, you should visit a spurs or arsenal forum as they always think they should be much better & deserve much more than they already have.

Arsenal and Tottenham are indeed as you say and doesn't every fan across the country apart from their own laughs at them for that exact reason.

I'm not having a dig and apologise of persons are taking as that but just don't understand why there isn't any optimism amongst us.

Maybe I'm deledued into thinking that we can still stay up

ScalleysDad

There is already plenty of debate and most aspects from of our probable demise, the forlorn hope and the eternal optimismism is being covered. I don't think the negatives are particularly unfair, the proof is there every week, and I don't think those that await the mathematical certainty are harshly put down. An individuals stance on performances or relegation or an individuals ability to attend every game surely does'nt make them a bigger or lesser fan. We are all fans. The Club and the team need to give us something. I gave up a whole day, £120 and lost my mind the last time I was at CC in person and the team gave me nowt. Still a fan though.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 19, 2019, 06:16:25 PM
It's not defeatism..  it's realism and being practical. Why waste £££ now trying to fix something that's too far gone when we should be making sure we're healthy going into the championship.

I'm not saying we need to spunk loads more money.

Hey look I know that on paper and form we are more likely to go down but I guess I don't want to accept it until it's confirmed.

Maybe If I do give up now, I don't have any more kicks to the nuts with our results this season

Fulham76

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 06:18:51 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 19, 2019, 06:11:29 PM

Arsenal and Tottenham are indeed as you say and doesn't every fan across the country apart from their own laughs at them for that exact reason.

I'm not having a dig and apologise of persons are taking as that but just don't understand why there isn't any optimism amongst us.

Maybe I'm deledued into thinking that we can still stay up

All optimism has been beaten out of us... literally (14 out of 22)

Woolly Mammoth

and sadly, allowing my head to rule my heart, I have to reluctantly agree with you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Seriously, you are having a pop at us if we are negative? And what is more you are implying I am somehow a lesser fan? I don't fully understand your sentence but that seems to be the gist of it.

DevonFFC

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 19, 2019, 06:19:23 PM

There is already plenty of debate and most aspects from of our probable demise, the forlorn hope and the eternal optimismism is being covered. I don't think the negatives are particularly unfair, the proof is there every week, and I don't think those that await the mathematical certainty are harshly put down. An individuals stance on performances or relegation or an individuals ability to attend every game surely does'nt make them a bigger or lesser fan. We are all fans. The Club and the team need to give us something. I gave up a whole day, £120 and lost my mind the last time I was at CC in person and the team gave me nowt. Still a fan though.

As I said I didn't want this to be turned into a question of who is a fan or who is not, I see enough of that.
A fan is a fan, regardless of how you chose to support your club, that is not being called into question.

It was more about an i that deluded to think we could still stay up as I read this forum and it seems like plenty are already accepting we have gone

DevonFFC

Quote from: Twig on January 19, 2019, 06:23:31 PM

Seriously, you are having a pop at us if we are negative? And what is more you are implying I am somehow a lesser fan? I don't fully understand your sentence but that seems to be the gist of it.

Sh1t I meant to say I'm not starting a debate. I apologise I didn't proof read that.

Probably explains some of the backlash

ScalleysDad

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 06:26:10 PM

Sh1t I meant to say I'm not starting a debate. I apologise I didn't proof read that.

Blame a small keyboard and auto correct. Works for me every time.

DevonFFC

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 19, 2019, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 06:26:10 PM

Blame a small keyboard and auto correct. Works for me every time.

To be honest if I did proof read it back then I would notice the few spelling errors but I'm glad you tick one of my points about the sarcasm  :003:

SouthIslandWhite

OhConnah had a great point in Reply #5.

This is a fact: We blew it this year and we must pay for it by getting relegated. We need to make wholesale changes as OhCannah said and get into a position where we will be competitive again next year.

We are as good as gone.  Sorry, but we are.  7 points adrift on 19 Jan, watch for that number to increase.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

FFC1987

Yes, its obviously the fault of the fans as to why we're in this predicament.......Blimey.