watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bad results today

Started by ffcne, January 19, 2019, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Alas I feel our run had to start on Boxing Day and with even more fine tuning inevitable even playing with a settled side, a game plan and the desire required seems a few games away yet.......... and then comes February. Ouch. No matter how many times I look at the fixtures involving the bottom five I cannot see where, on current form, we will secure two wins on the bounce whilst all the others in the mix lose those corresponding fixtures and that is just for parity. As has been said it's was between us, Saints, Newcastle, Cardiff and Burnley at 2.59 today. With no points expected tomorrow it already looks like it has thinned out to us, Cardiff and Burnley highlighting what a difference one round of fixtures can make. The debate about the reinforcements required from 1st January and key personnel changes being left too long thus continues.

BedsFFC

Oh god.

Now that's what I call vuvuzelas are starting up

3rdgenfan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 19, 2019, 05:04:06 PM
Your right Devon lots of points to play for,shame we want get many of them.
Quote from: davew on January 19, 2019, 04:59:58 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 19, 2019, 04:53:21 PM
We've got a hope of staying up,that's no hope.😠
We think it is all over, almost certainly is now, only 7 points behind 17th place, I will be surprised if we get another 7 points this season!
It's really 8 points adrift with our goal difference. I think it is time to start planning for the Championship. Only 14 points so far and now 8 points away from safety

David I

Don't Panic, we have an easy March to look forward to 🤢🤢

DevonFFC

Quote from: ffcne on January 19, 2019, 05:04:44 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 05:00:13 PM
Quote from: ffcne on January 19, 2019, 04:58:39 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 04:53:55 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 19, 2019, 04:46:38 PM
I can see us and Cardiff getting left adrift with the Terriers and it all over within 2 weeks. Saints and Toon getting back in their stride, Palace standing toe-toe with Plod, even Burnley who are shocking will grind their way to a draw at Watford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcastle are playing Cardiff hardly the best opponents. They will struggle against better teams as we all will down here. Just got to show some guys and fight.

How important could that last game of the season at home to Newcastle be

Sorry Devon ,We will be long gone by then.

You hope, so you can get the Khan bearing stick out.

Still plenty of points to play for

Whose mentioned Khan?
Just facing facts
We are not good enough to stay in this division.
Of course would love to be proven wrong.

Sorry to put Khan into it but reading this board most posters seem to restore to bashing them where they can.

The result at Burnley was Lady Luck not on our side, another day and the league could look so different.

Let's see what the future holds but until we have the R next to our name on the table let's still believe

WindyCity

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 19, 2019, 04:25:27 PM
Quote from: ffcne on January 19, 2019, 04:23:31 PM
Newcastle now 2-0
Saints 2-0

We're 7 points from safety, and can have 0 complaints about that. Fully deserve to be where we are.

Yep, fully deserved, unfortunately.  14 -17 making some space now from where we sit, survival is a pipe dream.......

Baszab

Do me a favour - stay up - 0% chance
We have 14 points and it's nearly February

Absolutely shocking management from top to bottom
SJ to be blamed as well for unsettling the club over his contract demands
Crap players bought
No passion or effort from nearly all of them
No planning by the management - no team philosophy

Blah blah - I almost can't be bothered to go tomorrow except it will be the only time in a few years to watch Spurs at CC

David I

Disjointed unbalanced team with no depth and definitely no fight and people still believe - .... no way the current squad and manager replicate the Roy Hodgson great escape.

WindyCity

Can't keep hoping against hope that the losing teams keep on losing.  That math ain't gonna work for us.  At some point, FFC has to start earning some points.  Simple as that.  And I just don't see that coming. 

Spirit of 2000

Effectively 8 points from safety little quality and zero battling qualities = relegated

The only pragmatic course of action in the long term interests of the club is to prepare for the championship and ensure we're in good order to challenge next season. If we get any bids for wasters like Anguissa or Seri then get rid now.

filham

It gets wore by the week and it can only get better if we win a few games. Difficult to visualise a Fulham win right now.

DevonFFC

If we win tomorrow does the mood of this board change?

I hope so otherwise I fear some may be on the blower to the Samaritans

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 05:34:24 PM

We won't be beating Spurs, sorry, not even if they've got 4 out, what makes it even worse, is that it's on Sky again, so our embarrassments in front of the general public continues.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 19, 2019, 05:34:24 PM

I've been trying to get through for an hour,all phones have Fulham fans on them.

colinwhite

Things can change quickly in football.

Woolly Mammoth

If we do not win tomorrow I fear the writing will be on the wall. Be hard to catch up, but I am stubborn enough not to surrender, I just hope the players don't either.
Unfortunately you reap what you sow, not forgetting poor judgement from the recruitment unit, and the consequences of a poor preseason and inadequate preparation, mediocre organisation, and jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by sacking the wrong man at the time, that's my opinion, but despite all that my instinct will not allow me to surrender.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

I think the premier league has found its bottom 3.

DevonFFC

What worries me is the defeatist attitude of our fans, well fans who use this forum.

If the points are still there why are we not believing that we can some how get them? You speak to other fans of other clubs and they more often than not have a never say die attitude.

I understand many on here will come on to be sarcastic and sit behind a screen but honestly i question are other clubs that much more passionate or is it a front they put on?

Edit- I'm NOTstarting a debate of who is a bigger fan and attends more games just the attitude of some ofur fans in accepting defat before it's certain

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 19, 2019, 05:46:01 PM
If we do not win tomorrow I fear the writing will be on the wall. Be hard to catch up, but I am stubborn enough not to surrender, I just hope the players don't either.
Unfortunately you reap what you sow, not forgetting poor judgement from the recruitment unit, and the consequences of a poor preseason and inadequate preparation, mediocre organisation, and jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by sacking the wrong man at the time, that's my opinion, but despite all that my instinct will not allow me to surrender.

I admire your optimism.  That said, what has this club shown you that inspires?  We've seen a lot of disappointing results, and losses/draws in games that should have been won (supposedly lesser foes) and should have ended in three points.  But more than the results themselves, haven't we seen some very poor games, with no heart, no energy, seemingly no passion or desire?  That's what disappoints the most. 

I want to see FFC survive this season, if at all possible, because my fear is that we see League 1 in short order, with CR gone along with Sess, Mitro and others.  If FFC can somehow escape, the upcoming off season can fix what ails.  But sadly I just don't see survival.

Neil D

Seek the inner peace which comes from accepting the inevitable.