watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Think it maybe a good idea to have a dedicated thread, so we can update on progress with the Riverside. If you have any, or, come across any pictures, please post them here.

Fernhurst

Just thinking that yesterday.

This is terrific, diggers and stuff and men beavering away.
I will visit every time there is an update
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

Actually, they're searching for the Michael Jackson statue.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 06, 2019, 03:41:54 PM
Actually, they're searching for the Michael Jackson statue.

or Mark Fotheringhams Man of the Match awards
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southdowns White

Apparently they have already dug up 47 old footballs, most of them from shots from our players that never hit the target! 

Neil D

Quote from: Southdowns White on June 06, 2019, 04:19:29 PM
Apparently they have already dug up 47 old footballs, most of them from shots from our players that never hit the target! 
Must have been Zamora

Fernhurst

Zamora?

Tosh Chamberlain more like.
Anyone know how he is? Well up into to eighties I believe.
Hope he is well.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fcfulham55

I love how construction workers in this country work so slow.

What progress has been made exactly, or have they just been testing the equipment for the past 2 weeks?.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

clemattlee

Quote from: fcfulham55 on June 06, 2019, 06:03:02 PM
I love how construction workers in this country work so slow.

What progress has been made exactly, or have they just been testing the equipment for the past 2 weeks?.
maybe the tide has something to do with it ?

Jimsbeerbelly

Love how people just assume you stick up a building, and that is that, Christ..

There will be surveys to perform, archaeological scrapes, cairns/platforms set up to load/unload materials, and what people also forget, is that they will have to work with the tide of the the Thames.

Also, the underpinning will take its time, nothing will really move until this is done, as the stand will rely on this for it's foundations.

Can't help some fans, moaned when it wasn't going ahead, moaned when it did, now moaning that it's to slow!  :doh: 

H4usuallysitting

What sort of building site is that......not a cuppa tea in sight, no pictures of builders looking down holes ..... they'd better buck there ideas up

Woolly Mammoth

There all loafing around thinking of their pie and mash for lunch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

Looking at the first pic don't you just pic the old one up and drop the new one into place? Seems pretty simple to me.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

PS to earlier post - this thread is going to be the source of much amusement!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

kiwian

My concern is the lack of orange cones. Over here council put 6 around a footpath repair about 2m square waiting for new seal to be laid.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

I Ronic

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 06, 2019, 08:18:33 PM
What sort of building site is that......not a cuppa tea in sight, no pictures of builders looking down holes ..... they'd better buck there ideas up

Or a sight of "Builders Bum" have these men no respect for the history of their Industry!

filham

Looking at the work in the river it makes you think that perhaps this preparatory work could have started before the end of the season  without interfering with the Riverside stand.

Penfold

Quote from: I Ronic on June 07, 2019, 07:55:06 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 06, 2019, 08:18:33 PM

Or a sight of "Builders Bum" have these men no respect for the history of their Industry!

The official term for this is 'Labourer's Cleft'

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on June 06, 2019, 06:36:44 PM
Love how people just assume you stick up a building, and that is that, Christ..

There will be surveys to perform, archaeological scrapes, cairns/platforms set up to load/unload materials, and what people also forget, is that they will have to work with the tide of the the Thames.

Also, the underpinning will take its time, nothing will really move until this is done, as the stand will rely on this for it's foundations.

Can't help some fans, moaned when it wasn't going ahead, moaned when it did, now moaning that it's to slow!  :doh: 

Agree. Working in construction there is always a project tipping point, particularly on large projects. It can seem like not much is being achieved on site, but it is all the stuff that you cannot see. Then suddenly over the space of the last few months (probably 6 months in our case) a building suddenly and 'quickly' appears and takes shape.