more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: _Putney_ on August 13, 2020, 09:30:19 PM
The Putney End media boxes is quite a change from the original plan. You can find some of the planning change diagrams in the H&F council application search. We haven't seen any renderings of the new media boxes as far as I know - but it will 'close' off that corner even more.

I suspect the frame will, as someone suggested, start to move up quickly now. So I'll take more photos as soon as there appears to be change.

Thanks for that, regular photos would be very much appreciated.

fcfulham55

The club did mention about putting up a webcam, we've just got to wait till 2025.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

MJG

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 16, 2020, 09:45:41 AM
The club did mention about putting up a webcam, we've just got to wait till 2025.
my understanding is its being filmed by camera but doubt they will release any of it until finished and will be one of those time-lapse 5 minute type films.
Just the views of a long term fan

Riversider

As ive said before it would be so easy to set up a fixed camera in H7 and every 2 weeks at say 5pm on a Friday take a picture and post it on the Official website, its really that easy,
I love the Club to bits but the lack of information and updates is really poor ,
For instance can anybody on here tell me when the stand is going to open ?

alfie

Quote from: Riversider on August 16, 2020, 08:03:07 PM
As ive said before it would be so easy to set up a fixed camera in H7 and every 2 weeks at say 5pm on a Friday take a picture and post it on the Official website, its really that easy,
I love the Club to bits but the lack of information and updates is really poor ,
When it's finished,
Don't get what the big deal is, it's going up everyone can see that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Colton F.C.

Progress is slow especially compared with the development of the former stand known as the 'Rabbit Hutch' that was erected in a few weeks.  It was put up so fast that even the local planners were unaware of it and so had to come down.

Slow and steady and get the job done properly.  Supporters attending matches is some way off.

RoyTund

Quote from: alfie on August 16, 2020, 08:22:29 PM
When it's finished,

It was scheduled to be ready for the start of 21/22. If that's impacted (assuming things back to normal by then) It would impact quite a lot in terms of STs etc. think it's pretty normal to have an interest in a major development at CC. You only have to look at Wimbledon and brentford to see how much updates they gave.

_Putney_

People stream on Twitch from their phones to thousands of viewers. I don't see Fulham couldn't set up a live stream somehow - via YouTube, via Twitch, etc. Wouldn't be that costly. But oh well.

cmg

...or they could open the Johnny Haynes Stand on non-match days and people could pay to come and watch the real-time progress.
Or more likely sit there and film it on their phones, as seemed to be the preferred method of watching live events in past days.

PhilEsh

Quote from: cmg on August 18, 2020, 10:07:44 AM

...or they could open the Johnny Haynes Stand on non-match days and people could pay to come and watch the real-time progress.
Or more likely sit there and film it on their phones, as seemed to be the preferred method of watching live events in past days.

I work in construction and am fascinated with projects of all sizes, but the thought of sitting there and watching a building site is tantamount to paint drying.

Weekly updates via photos would be a much better way of tracking key milestones and visual changes.

cmg

Quote from: PhilEsh on August 18, 2020, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: cmg on August 18, 2020, 10:07:44 AM

I work in construction and am fascinated with projects of all sizes, but the thought of sitting there and watching a building site is tantamount to paint drying.

Weekly updates via photos would be a much better way of tracking key milestones and visual changes.

I think I'll change my name to Isaak Walton.

Riversider

Quote from: RoyTund on August 17, 2020, 08:31:36 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 16, 2020, 08:22:29 PM
When it's finished,

It was scheduled to be ready for the start of 21/22. If that's impacted (assuming things back to normal by then) It would impact quite a lot in terms of STs etc. think it's pretty normal to have an interest in a major development at CC. You only have to look at Wimbledon and brentford to see how much updates they gave.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
THIS, THIS, THIS

MJG

In the last 12 months the website have given us 11 updates(3 within 2 days of each other) so lets call it 9 in 12 months, I dont think its that  bad considering not really much has been seen to be done. I expect as things begin to raise from the ground we will have more to see and maybe more updates, but basically looking at a flat building site does not exactly get the blood flowing does it?
Just the views of a long term fan

SuffolkWhite

Agree with MJG until now there is not much to look at, it'll get done when it gets done.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 06, 2019, 05:12:47 PM
Zamora?

Tosh Chamberlain more like.
Anyone know how he is? Well up into to eighties I believe.
Hope he is well.

Tosh is 86 now Fernhurst. Would he be our oldest living player?

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on August 18, 2020, 04:47:19 PM
Zamora?

Hope he is well.

Reckon your right Captain.
Makes you think, when we had our noses pressed against the railings Tosh would have been mid twenties. Did  we ever think we would get to today??
Thank you Tosh for all those memories.
As Buzz Lightyear would say.
"2020 and Beyond"
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 18, 2020, 05:03:22 PM
Quote from: bog on August 18, 2020, 04:47:19 PM
Zamora?

Hope he is well.

Reckon your right Captain.
Makes you think, when we had our noses pressed against the railings Tosh would have been mid twenties. Did  we ever think we would get to today??
Thank you Tosh for all those memories.
As Buzz Lightyear would say.
"2020 and Beyond"

Well I didn't Fernhurst.  To me the year 2000 sounded like something from outer space. As you say thanks for those golden moments Tosh.

092.gif

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MJG on August 18, 2020, 04:10:50 PM
In the last 12 months the website have given us 11 updates(3 within 2 days of each other) so lets call it 9 in 12 months, I dont think its that  bad considering not really much has been seen to be done. I expect as things begin to raise from the ground we will have more to see and maybe more updates, but basically looking at a flat building site does not exactly get the blood flowing does it?

I doubt the builders are going to share their photos with the public, so either Fulham Football Club needs to send a photographer to the Cottage or an FFC fan can take some photos. I am sure a lot of locals have seen the site regularly, and obviously think another photo from the Thames wouldn't add much. If FFC and its Fans aren't taking more photos probably their isn't much more to see than what we have seen.

bill taylors apprentice

Up until now there probably isn't much to see.
Going forward I would expect a time lapsed camera in the near future and a drone camera film or 2 between now and the finish would be nice.

alfie

The point I was unsuccessfuly making is that it is at least a year away from being complete, so I just couldn't understand why it was so urgent to be asking when it will be finished.
Apologies to anyone who felt offended.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't