more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: filham on January 02, 2021, 05:53:41 PM
The latest report on the Offal is interesting and covers the shipment of the assembled roof trusses from Tilbury to the Cottage, it is a tight squeeze under Wesminster Bridge.
It's interesting that it takes 2 days to get from Tilbury to Fulham, all to do with the correct tides.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Barrett487

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 02, 2021, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on January 02, 2021, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on December 26, 2020, 05:41:30 PM
Quote from: filham on December 26, 2020, 05:39:10 PM
Progress is being made but the builders will be off now for a couple of weeks for their Christmas break then progress may be inhibited by Covid Tier 4 restrictions I imagine.
Construction is exempt even in tier 4.

Blimey, how many tiers are there? Anyway, you've got to build tier 3 before you get to 4.  :003:

Boom tish. Very good. For a moment you had me counting the levels on the new stand and questioning my sanity.
My pleasure Galv, btw Happy New Year buddy  082.gif

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: alfie on January 02, 2021, 06:07:08 PM
Quote from: filham on January 02, 2021, 05:53:41 PM
The latest report on the Offal is interesting and covers the shipment of the assembled roof trusses from Tilbury to the Cottage, it is a tight squeeze under Wesminster Bridge.
It's interesting that it takes 2 days to get from Tilbury to Fulham, all to do with the correct tides.

They should've done the knowledge

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 02, 2021, 06:30:01 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 02, 2021, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on January 02, 2021, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on December 26, 2020, 05:41:30 PM
Quote from: filham on December 26, 2020, 05:39:10 PM
Progress is being made but the builders will be off now for a couple of weeks for their Christmas break then progress may be inhibited by Covid Tier 4 restrictions I imagine.
Construction is exempt even in tier 4.

Blimey, how many tiers are there? Anyway, you've got to build tier 3 before you get to 4.  :003:

Boom tish. Very good. For a moment you had me counting the levels on the new stand and questioning my sanity.
My pleasure Galv, btw Happy New Year buddy  082.gif

And back at you. The stand is huge ..... I wonder though if it will generate any noise. I still remember The Enclave getting eight seats in the Riverside, must have been a cup game, and we could hear Brian, six seats along, unwrapping a Werthers in his pocket. I would be content with a tour that includes taking a seat smack bang in the middle and again at the very top. What a 360 view that will be.
Stay safe........ and warm.
I

SouthIslandWhite

I suspect that the seats in that upper level will produce the most intimate and bar none the best view in all of English football. In fact I will double down and predict that the view and the Fulham supporter's experience will be so transformative that at an international level it will forever change the design concept of future stand upgrades and ground construction plans for years to come. It will become the way of the future: stands which literally put the supporter nearly into the game itself.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

filham

This constuction job where access is mainly from the river is very interesting and I suspect will become the subject of studies by civil engineering students. We are lucky to have such unique work taking place at the Cottage.

fcfulham55

I tried again to upload the supposed leaked preliminary design of the other 3 stands. (From twitter, before it was taken down)

This site only allows 128kb! I compressed the image to below that... but still no joy? Anything I'm doing obviously wrong?
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 04, 2021, 04:32:53 PM
I tried again to upload the supposed leaked preliminary design of the other 3 stands. (From twitter, before it was taken down)

This site only allows 128kb! I compressed the image to below that... but still no joy? Anything I'm doing obviously wrong?

Anyone else seen it?  Didn't get the image of the new floodlights which look suspended above a new johnny haynes roof too. Would be nice if someone else happened to get that.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

sarnian

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 04, 2021, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 04, 2021, 04:32:53 PM

Anyone else seen it?  Didn't get the image of the new floodlights which look suspended above a new johnny haynes roof too. Would be nice if someone else happened to get that.

Maybe you can email it to someone who knows how to download it.

SP

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 04, 2021, 01:22:40 AM
I suspect that the seats in that upper level will produce the most intimate and bar none the best view in all of English football. In fact I will double down and predict that the view and the Fulham supporter's experience will be so transformative that at an international level it will forever change the design concept of future stand upgrades and ground construction plans for years to come. It will become the way of the future: stands which literally put the supporter nearly into the game itself.

Hopefully, we should attract some decent international friendlies with the new facility. Another visit from Brazil would be welcome.

Cornishnick

Quote from: SP on January 04, 2021, 05:33:10 PM

Hopefully, we should attract some decent international friendlies with the new facility. Another visit from Brazil would be welcome.

Not the whole of Brazil !

Statto

Didn't Eusebio play in an exhibition match for the opening of the last Riverside stand? Wonder if we could do something similar this time.

shepperton white

Believe Eusebio was injured for that game

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SP on January 04, 2021, 05:33:10 PM

Exeter played Brazil Legends a few years ago. Almost the whole squad cleaned out JJB Sports the next day. A grand opening match, also a safety test, could be a great reward/thank you for those that had to be moved out, ST Holders and Richard Osman.

_Putney_

Pre-Roof, but a nice perspective

Abbotsbury White

That is some view, but it's giving me vertigo just looking at the pic. :005:
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Fulham1959

Excellent pictures - thank you !

Fernhurst

One of my most favourite threads of all time!
Thank you so much for these pics.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

JimOG

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 06, 2021, 01:53:39 PM
One of my most favourite threads of all time!
Thank you so much for these pics.

+1