https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 05, 2021, 06:58:23 PM
A hotel?

That passed me by completely. Does anyone know any basic details about it, how many rooms etc

Me too. Not heard or read a thing about a hotel!

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 04, 2021, 10:35:44 AM
Some absolutely stunning photos last night on Twitter. Stand with a beautiful sunset behind

Fabulous pictures, keep them coming.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 05, 2021, 07:56:02 PM
A hotel?

That passed me by completely. Does anyone know any basic details about it, how many rooms etc

9 serviced apartments originally but they did amend something I seem to remember

cooperiser

Yes, plans were amended from service apartments to a 15 (I think) room boutique hotel.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 06, 2021, 09:49:59 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 05, 2021, 07:56:02 PM
A hotel?

9 serviced apartments originally but they did amend something I seem to remember

I cant recall the hotel amendment. The only alterations to the original plans I can recall is changing the apartments at the Putney end into a health club??

filham

I had a break at a nice hotel in Telford a couple of years ago where a large window in the dining room overlooked the Telford football pitch. Would be nice to experience something similar at the Cottage.

70sPimlico

Quote from: filham on February 06, 2021, 10:35:28 AM
I had a break at a nice hotel in Telford a couple of years ago where a large window in the dining room overlooked the Telford football pitch. Would be nice to experience something similar at the Cottage.
I went to a pre-season game at MK dons about 5 years ago. God, we were awful. I noticed the hotel within the ground and as I fancied a beer and it was school holiday time, I said to my son (13) at the time, lets stay overnight.

We got in the room and opened up the blinds to reveal the pitch in its full glory with the floodlights still on. His words, which I still take the Mickey out of him were "It doesn't get better than this". I said, "Son. You have much to learn".

_Putney_

_Putney_

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 06, 2021, 05:32:10 PM
Quote from: _Putney_ on February 06, 2021, 04:55:06 PM
Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Lovely "LITTLE"...

Always winds me up when I hear the Cottage described as a quaint small ground or there as little
It's not a small ground, never has been

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: _Putney_ on February 05, 2021, 06:08:22 PM
RENDERS:

ROOF MATERIAL CHANGE (Wood to Bronze Coloured Steel)

Where did you get those from mate? Would love to see if there's any more

RoyTund

What's the reason for the material change from timber to bronze coloured steel?

Deeping_white

Quick question - where will people enter and exit the Riverside stand from? I assume that we'd be able to do away with the "neutral end" workaround if we put turnstiles at either end so that we can control away fans going into a separate point, or is that not something we're looking at doing?

sarnian

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 09, 2021, 09:58:40 PM
Quick question - where will people enter and exit the Riverside stand from? I assume that we'd be able to do away with the "neutral end" workaround if we put turnstiles at either end so that we can control away fans going into a separate point, or is that not something we're looking at doing?

Entrance to the Riverside is through new turnstiles in Bishops Park and exit either into the park directly or the Hammersmith walk.  Putney home and away fans will enter and leave through Stevenage Road as is at present.

Statto

Still can't understand why they've only got what appear to be about 7 out of a total of 15 sections of the roof up. I thought that was all prefabricated elsewhere and would go on pretty quick. Really looking forward to seeing the complete roof because I think then you get a proper sense of the full silhouette.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 10, 2021, 12:07:12 AM
Still can't understand why they've only got what appear to be about 7 out of a total of 15 sections of the roof up. I thought that was all prefabricated elsewhere and would go on pretty quick. Really looking forward to seeing the complete roof because I think then you get a proper sense of the full silhouette.

It seems to be way behind schedule, I cannot even imagine this stadium is completed by the end of 2021. Does anyone know, how many months it should take to complete the rest of the stadium so it's ready to use.

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on February 10, 2021, 12:07:12 AM

I think I read in someone's post that every other section was built off site and the sections in between were being done on site.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

hongkongfulham

Does anyone know the name of the Hotel brand going in to the space?

FulhamStu

Imagine having a room on a Friday night then the games on the Saturday with access to the health suit for the Saturday morning and lunch in the restaurant and bar before the game.  How much would you pay for that lot ?  £1000 ?